Diego posts vid of Joshua Fabia Fighter Meeting Altercation

This dude has been so bad news for Diego jeez. Everybody but Diego seems to agree.

1 Like

“Balls and throat”

1 Like

That must have been uncomfortable.

Cool how Diego calmly and quietly stands there, allowing Fabia to completely fuk himself…

1 Like

UFC should have just told him to drop the Mexican Touchbutt and left it at that.

2 Likes

Holy shit show… Surprised they let him go on for so long. Sad to see it end this way for Diego.

1 Like
2 Likes

Sucks to see Diego align himself with a shit head at the end of his career. Hopefully this won’t tarnish it too badly and people remember him for the warrior he was.

4 Likes

Fabia is a gigantic douchebag. He must have some huge dirt on Diego to seemingly have complete control over him.

Diego has always been a favorite so it sucks to see his UFC run end like this. Was actually looking forward to Diego vs Cowboy which is something I haven’t said about a Diego fight in awhile.

1 Like

Here is why UFC released Sanchez, it was not because of the videos posted at the top but this bullshit.

I’m sure UFC did not want to deal with the Sanchez/Fabia lawsuits after this fight.

Kevin Iole

Kevin Iole

¡Combat columnist

Fri, April 30, 2021, 1:48 AM¡6 min read

In this article:

RIO RANCHO, NEW MEXICO - FEBRUARY 15: Diego Sanchez reacts after an illegal knee from Michel Pereira in their welterweight bout during the UFC Fight Night event at Santa Ana Star Center on February 15, 2020 in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. (Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)

Diego Sanchez, a winner on Season 1 of “The Ultimate Fighter” and one of the promotion’s most popular and longest-tenured fighters, has been released by the UFC.

The UFC has been concerned for some time about the behavior of Sanchez’s coach, Joshua Fabia. Sanchez’s release, however, was facilitated because even though Sanchez passed his medicals for a planned May 8 fight versus Donald Cerrone, neither Fabia nor attorney Charles N. Lakins would confirm to the UFC that Sanchez was not suffering from either short-term or long-term medical issues.

Fabia asked a UFC medical coordinator for all of Sanchez’s medical records going back to “The Ultimate Fighter” in 2004. Several UFC employees told Yahoo Sports that they’d seen Fabia berate employees and so they contacted Hunter Campbell, the UFC’s chief business officer.

Campbell called Fabia and Sanchez and in the conversation, Fabia talked about short-term and long-term medical issues Sanchez may have experienced.

That was a red flag for Campbell, who knew that Sanchez had passed a medical examination, which included a brain scan. Campbell then wrote to Sanchez, expressing concerns about Fabia’s comments and asking Sanchez to verify he was OK.

UFC president Dana White told Yahoo Sports that the UFC could not put a fighter into the cage in good conscience if the fighter wouldn’t say he or she was healthy and fit to fight.

When Lakins responded to Campbell’s request for clarification of Sanchez’s health, Lakins said Sanchez could not respond because he’s not a neurologist and hadn’t seen one. Upon receipt of that response, Sanchez was formally cut in an email sent on April 27.

1 Like

Fabia is an egocentric shithead. He couldn’t stand that NOBODY in that room cared about him. It’s all about Diego, and that’s why Fabia sabotaged his UFC exit. Jealousy.

5 Likes

They need to specify that no fighters are allowed to align themselves with Fabia whilst under contract with them, and ban him from any events. He will drop Diego now he’s gone, and he will find another not terribly bright fighter to brainwash because that’s what his sort do.

Thanks for the fights Diego, fuckin legend

4 Likes

Diego is a legend but cant sort bullshit from real life unfortunately.

2 Likes

I’d be willing to bet money fabia made that happen to play the victim or it was just a flat out lie, either One

1 Like

I hope Fabia is able to learn from this lesson that sometimes its better to reel your grievances in for the appropriate time and place. Diego is at a point in his career where he possibly shouldnt ve fighting anymore as it stands.

I am not one to judge his decisions, but perhaps he can see this closed door as another opportunity to offer his vast experience and skills to other young talent in the form of coaching and mentoring.

This only makes the UFC look better lol

1 Like

I think Fabia’s request is a reasonable one.

Seems odd getting previous medical history would be difficult, but for sure it could be relevant.

Just my 2 cents but Diego didn’t deserve to end his UFC career like this he deserves better.

3 Likes

Fabia was trying to set up a greasy lawsuit and it cost Diego his last UFC fight.

6 Likes