Diego Sanchez will be the next cha

"I'd like to see Diego go against a Sherk, or a Trigg - someone who could potentially put him on his back and keep him there."

Koscheck did just that, and still lost. Diego couldn't bully Josh, but he outworked him. Diego, in the fights I've seen (2 KotC and everything from TUF on) sets and keeps an INSANE pace.

I think he'd have more of a chance against Hughes than GSP, just based on styles (I don't think he would beat either right now), but in any case, he's a damn good fighter with the potential to go all the way, no doubt. Good wrestling, certainly in the very upper ranks of grappling/submissions in the 170 division, and he appears to have a good chin.

The Koscheck that fought Diego wasn't half the MMA fighter that Trigg and Sherk are. He had good takedowns and that was it.

hey,jimmythegreek,Iusually would ignore a dumbass comment like your's,but since your the authority on mma fighters I think I'll reply.What level of competition do you think sanchez should be competing at?The kid is just starting his career!I'm not sayin he would take out hughes right now.But if you can't see this kid will be either ,champ,or a top contender in the next year or two ,you should think about retiring from commenting yourself!I've been into martial arts since the mid 70's,and following mma since the first ufc,when there where no weight limits and nobody even knew what bjj was,until royce gracie at about 165lbs.was beating 250lb.men.Just because I joined this site recently ,does not mean i'm new to this sport!so if your not done trashing my name here's your chance !! It was nice to hear your opinion ,THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!