Difference between Loaded hand wraps and steroids?

ajl416az - what a fucking stupid argument.

you could do all the steroids in the world and not be a threat to anyone in a fist fight, but if you load your wraps you suddenly have two devastating weapons.

If someone, after using all the performance enhancing drugs in the world, was not a threat in a fist fight, they still wouldn't be one with loaded handwraps. Be serious.

Loaded wraps are very dangerous , but they are not one shot one kill guaranteed fight winners. Billy Collins jr died as a result of lack of padding on his opponents gloves and it is a tragedy, but boxing is already an extremely dangerous sport were people have died when wraps/gloves were not a factor. Any unfair advantage increases the risk of death, and steroids are a huge advantage.

If you are not on steroids you could push yourself to your absolute limit on one day of training, then need three to recover. On steroids you can train much harder than your limit clean AND you can do it everyday.

Think about fighting yourself in both scenarios. You would have no chance against a version of yourself that is training 6 days a week with every single session being more intense than your best possible training session without steroids. Now you may say you could never beat yourself with loaded wraps either and thats probably true. The point is, whats the difference? You aren't winning either fight and potentially taking huge amount of damage in both cases.

I think people are right when they higlight how serious and unfair using wraps are, but I think they are massively underestimating performance enhancing drugs.

SteveBeale - 
antoniomontana - 
SteveBeale - I've sparred lots of people who were on steroids, it's never concerned me in the least. If someone wore loaded wraps in sparring, or took the padding out o their 16oz gloves, I'd smash their head with a tire iron

Sparring isn't fighting. Plus if you can handle those guys while on steroids if they didn't have them, they would be no contest.

The point still stands. If someone punches me in the head when they're juicing I don't care. I someone punches me in the head with a loaded wrap or padding taken out of their glove, I'll try to kill them in the carpark.

I can understand. Wraps seem worse/sneakier. I am just of the opinion that they are both HUGE advantages and steroids may actually make a fighter more dangerous.

DSaint -  Loaded hand wraps could make an okay fighter good enough to beat a world class fighter. Steroids cannot.

Totally disagree

Was just checking, Collins actually died in a car crash. Memory must be going.

I don't think you have a realistic knowledge of either boxing or steroids, or you wouldn't even have bothered with this retarded thread.

You're also a complete idiot if you think no top athletes are not using performance enhancers.

cumprido1 - I don't think you have a realistic knowledge of either boxing or steroids, or you wouldn't even have bothered with this retarded thread.

You're also a complete idiot if you think no top athletes are not using performance enhancers.

Your reading comprehension is as poor as your manners.

"Is it just because we all know that most, if not all top athletes use drugs to cheat and we have become desensitised to it?"

From my first post.

I'n a combat sport it's like fighting a juice head or fighting a man with brass knuckles I'll take the juicers Phone Post

ajl416az - what a fucking stupid argument.

you could do all the steroids in the world and not be a threat to anyone in a fist fight, but if you load your wraps you suddenly have two devastating weapons.

only fuckin nerds who have never been hit or trained, think this is a valid argument

This. All things equal I still haven't seen one person say they would choose the guy on juice vs the guy with cement hands with prior knowledge.