Dillashaw: Elevation is paying me 'good money'

show me the moneyyyy....

Why the fuck are they paying him to train there?

I wonder if they will still pay him if he loses the belt to Cruz Phone Post 3.0

Is it common for gyms to pay people to train there?

I think that could cause issues with teammates, especially with TJ being so frank about it. Are Cat and Matt paid to train there? I think that most of us get more amped for a Matt Brown fight, than a TJ fight (no disrespect to TJ). Maybe it's because TJ is a champion?
Hopefully I'm ignorant to how these things work, and everyone lives happily ever after and gets even better together. Phone Post 3.0

Perfer Et Obdura - Everybody has a price .... Dibiase laugh
HAHAHAHAH!!! Phone Post 3.0

Please MMA Gods, no more title shots for Faber.

A win over Francisco Rivera a year ago doesn't cut it.

trobinson21 - He doesn't need a reason. Conor fans are so fucking beta they create situations just so they can suck his dick in whatever twisted way they can.

"The sun came up this morning, my God this Conor Mc just said yesterday the sun will rise again, he is so amazing"

Fn creepos. Phone Post 3.0

awww U mad bro? typical beta

ChokingOnACookie - Is it common for gyms to pay people to train there?

I think that could cause issues with teammates, especially with TJ being so frank about it. Are Cat and Matt paid to train there? I think that most of us get more amped for a Matt Brown fight, than a TJ fight (no disrespect to TJ). Maybe it's because TJ is a champion?
Hopefully I'm ignorant to how these things work, and everyone lives happily ever after and gets even better together. Phone Post 3.0
Only cases I have heard of gyms paying are this case (muscle pharm doing it for PR to support their product) and Blackzilians (Glenn Robinson doing it to stroke his ego).
There is no way regular gyms can pay guys to train. Phone Post 3.0

hendofanforlife - 
steve sandstrom - 
TheAxeMurderer84 -
alkysmurf -
steve sandstrom - Lol @ "teams" in MMA. Phone Post 3.0
Lol at not understanding the need/benefit of having a "team" helping you become the best possible. Phone Post 3.0
Fucking 01ers Phone Post 3.0
Way over your head... Phone Post 3.0

oh enlighten us as to the awesome joke we are missing. 

I lol'd

fight4right -

Only cases I have heard of gyms paying are this case (muscle pharm doing it for PR to support their product) and Blackzilians (Glenn Robinson doing it to stroke his ego).
You forgot Team Takedown. Phone Post 3.0

Jamien604 -
GROUNDnLB - It says Faber is the next logical choice if TJ beats Dom? He just lost, and hasn't won a 135 fight this year. He arguably was losing the Riviera fight before the accidental eye poke. Phone Post 3.0

He lost a close but clear decision to frankie edgar at 145 no shame in that, he held his own. Cub Swanson got absolutely destroyed by frankie edgar in the previous fight. What was he ranked at the time they fought? Pretty sure he was top 3. Faber would probably be top 5 or at least top 10 at FW if he stayed there.

But anyway this isn't about FW this is about BW and he is still a top dog there and the drama makes for a good fight. he is 6-1 in his last 7 with a 2 fight win streak. There is no one else that is overly worth anyway. Sure you could make the Assuncao
rematch and he does have a decent win stream against barely top 15-20 opponents but it's not that interesting.

If faber wins his fight in decemember the fight will be made.

TJ will absolutely crush him.
Yep. Faber would beat cub easily. So I don't see a problem Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -
fight4right -

You forgot Team Takedown. Phone Post 3.0
I stand corrected. I actually like their concept of supporting up and and comers rather than the other two examples of paying established guys to switch camps. Phone Post 3.0

I thought fighters were going hungry because of the exorbitant fees they were paying their gyms.

Im all for the move. He makes good points. It's a short career, you do what's best for you and your family. U make ur doe and get the fuck out of there, hopefully with your wits still in place. Phone Post 3.0

TheBigRedOne - It would suck if he went to Elevation and Dodson moved up to Batamweight and blasted him again.

That would be hilarious, but TJ is a different fighter now. I think that fight goes down a bit more differently than the TUF finale.

Maybe TJ would be looking to avenge that loss if he gets pass Cruz. I'd watch.

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome -
Bay Area - Why the fuck are they paying him to train there?

who cares.  they want his name assoicated w their gym.  Money talks, and big names attract.  Good for TJ and to hell with anyone who condemns him for doing what are basic human rules.:

Look out for #1,   and take those rare opportunities

especially in this high-damage, low pay sport of MMA.

Yeah man I don't blame him for doing what's best for him. Just seems desperate that they will pay him to train there.

If he loses the belt and never wins another fight do they still pay him though? Phone Post 3.0

I would imagine that only reason that any gym or any business for that matter would 'pay' an athlete to train is because they have an agreement that they will take a (large) percentage of any winnings & sponsorship that he makes.

The idea of being paid to train might sound good but I think its possible that you could end up worse financially than if you are paying to train & keeping a better percentageof your winnings.

But certainly being 'paid to train' will definitely appeal to the ego more.

fight4right -

Evolve pays Askren. He just has to train the last couple of weeks of his training camp there. Phone Post 3.0

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome - 
Bay Area - Why the fuck are they paying him to train there?

who cares.  they want his name assoicated w their gym.  Money talks, and big names attract.  Good for TJ and to hell with anyone who condemns him for doing what are basic human rules.:

Look out for #1,   and take those rare opportunities

especially in this high-damage, low pay sport of MMA.

This. It's an individual sport at the end of the day and being loyal to the team does not pay the bills.

He shouldn't have said that, Ludwig will want that cash!

2breath2feel - He clearly stated getting paid to be there as opposed to paying to be there

Do you need another reason. Phone Post 3.0
This is a pretty big piece of the puzzle. Getting paid to train vs paying to train is a monumental shift. Phone Post 3.0