Dillashaw wants Cruz next

http://i.imgur.com/BkCOz9A.jpg

I do think it will be an interesting fight but I also think TJ pos a beating on him. He is TJ is younger, faster and has just again finished the guy who was one thought unbeatable while Cruz is coming off a seriously long injury and has never been known as a finisher. I think the only way Cruz wins is by point fighting like his last fight against Faber and pretty much everyone else he has fought. Phone Post 3.0

IronWill -
Oontyex -
IronWill -
Chest Rockwell -
D241 -
Willin - 
D241 -

Dominator doesn't lose this fight. Time/injuries might beat him, but a prime in shape injury less Cruz=#1 135lber

I am not sure how you can say that confidently, haha Phone Post 3.0

Maybe you misinterpreted what I said?

Cruz=more proven than TJ imo.  Dillashaw Dominick Cruz'd Barao. Dominick Cruz Dominick Cruz's everyone.

If Dillashaw was "Cruz'ing" Barao he wouldn't have smashed him against the fence and won by TKO. He would've danced to a decision. Phone Post 3.0
BOOOO!! Phone Post 3.0
Chest is 100% right
You don't get a 90% decision rate like cruz by being a killer Phone Post 3.0
But you do get a 100% win rate by being a Dominator.

(Yes I know Faber got the sub, Dom avenged that) Phone Post 3.0
Point fighting should be in its own separate organisation like how kyokushin is separate to touch point karate.
Or how lazer tag and gun battles aren't equated.
Decision wins should be considered as 4th place effort ribbons by fighters. Phone Post 3.0

KFP49 - http://i.imgur.com/BkCOz9A.jpg

and on the right column, Special instructor teaching the class....

TheBigRedOne - Nah. Rafael has dibs next, and we know what happened the last time those two met. TJ's face was rearranged.
Very questionable decision. TJ almost submitted Ascuncao in the first round, loss the 2nd and dominated the 3rd. He loss a very close split decision. I also think that fight was in Brazil. TJ was just finding his striking grove when that fight happened. I think he'd finish RA now. Phone Post 3.0

D241 -

"Except for his last fight". You know, if Cruz fights and beats TJ, you could say, "Except for that last fight, TJ has dominated his fights".

Keep in mind Dominick Cruz is not even 30 years old, is already a proven champ, and hasn't lost while being champ. To be the man, you have to beat the man, and Cruz is still the man.

I love Dom, but he is not the man. Too much time on the shelf. Those of us that really follow that sport know what he's capable of, but I'd bet not even the most semi-casual fan know who he is or what he's done. Phone Post 3.0

Anyone else notice TJ Dillashaws bitchtits on a embedded episode?

chaplinshouse -
Damaynevent - 
D241 -

"Except for his last fight". You know, if Cruz fights and beats TJ, you could say, "Except for that last fight, TJ has dominated his fights".

Keep in mind Dominick Cruz is not even 30 years old, is already a proven champ, and hasn't lost while being champ. To be the man, you have to beat the man, and Cruz is still the man.

I love Dom, but he is not the man. Too much time on the shelf. Those of us that really follow that sport know what he's capable of, but I'd bet not even the most semi-casual fan know who he is or what he's done. Phone Post 3.0

is being "the man" about how many semi-casual fans know about him? or how good he is?
You're right. Still can't be the man on the sideline. Like they say in the NFL, can't make the club in the tub. Dom needs to get healthy before he's considered relevant again. Phone Post 3.0

TheBigRedOne -
Damaynevent - 
TheBigRedOne - Nah. Rafael has dibs next, and we know what happened the last time those two met. TJ's face was rearranged.
Very questionable decision. TJ almost submitted Ascuncao in the first round, loss the 2nd and dominated the 3rd. He loss a very close split decision. I also think that fight was in Brazil. TJ was just finding his striking grove when that fight happened. I think he'd finish RA now. Phone Post 3.0

He didn't almost submit Raphael. It was never under his chin. The only thing it did was make sure TJ's arms would feel like lead for the next round.

Raphael edged round one and dominated round two, but TJ won the third. Like I said, TJ's face showed that the decision was the correct one.
How did he edge round 1 when he was defending a rnc for most of it? Phone Post 3.0

Damaynevent - 
chaplinshouse -
Damaynevent - 
D241 -

is being "the man" about how many semi-casual fans know about him? or how good he is?
You're right. Still can't be the man on the sideline. Like they say in the NFL, can't make the club in the tub. Dom needs to get healthy before he's considered relevant again. Phone Post 3.0

Nice, you don't see that too often(you're right).

I understand the "what have you done for me lately" attitude.

I think it's a combination of HW/Cain being more popular, and Cruz injuries lasting longer than Cains.

I just wanted to point out that until Fabricio beat Cain, Cain was still viewed by most as "the man" to beat, I too felt this way, despte thinking/wanting Werdum would win, Cain was still the man to beat.

I feel Dominick Cruz, although far more proven mma fighter and champion, didn't get the same respect Cain got while not being able to fight due to injuries.

Regarding Dominick getting healthy to be relevant again, please take 80 seconds of your time and watch the video on page 2 of Dominick Cruz' last fight less than 10 months ago.

D241 -
Damaynevent - 
chaplinshouse -
Damaynevent - 
D241 -

Nice, you don't see that too often(you're right).

I understand the "what have you done for me lately" attitude.

I think it's a combination of HW/Cain being more popular, and Cruz injuries lasting longer than Cains.

I just wanted to point out that until Fabricio beat Cain, Cain was still viewed by most as "the man" to beat, I too felt this way, despte thinking/wanting Werdum would win, Cain was still the man to beat.

I feel Dominick Cruz, although far more proven mma fighter and champion, didn't get the same respect Cain got while not being able to fight due to injuries.

Regarding Dominick getting healthy to be relevant again, please take 80 seconds of your time and watch the video on page 2 of Dominick Cruz' last fight less than 10 months ago.

10 months ago...I'll say it again....10months ago! I agree with you about having to beat the man to be the man. I feel the same way about DC, he'll never be the true lhw champ in my eyes until he beats Jon Jones (whenever JBJ gets his shit together and comes back). Same goes for Conor. Dom has just been too inactive for me to even care if he comes back. Barao was as legit of a champ as they come and TJ destroyed him twice. It would be cool to see TJ and Dom go at it, but I'm not taking anything away from TJ's reign as champ just because he never fights or beats a guy that can't stay healthy.

I love Dom as an analyst. Him, DC and Stann are my three favorite guys to listen to about fight predictions. I'm looking forward to his return to octagon, but I'll be rooting for TJ. Phone Post 3.0

TJ vs Cruz would be such an incredible fight.

Please Jah, make this fight happen. Phone Post 3.0

It's Assuncao's fight, he already beat TJ and had earned the shot. Cruz should get a tune up to get the ring rust off and fight winner of TJ vs Assuncao

Damaynevent -
chaplinshouse -
Damaynevent - 
D241 -

When the current champion says your the guy hes got to fight, I would say your pretty damn relevant! Phone Post 3.0

I dont recall the Raphael/TJ fight

I saw on the Tommy Toe Hold show that it was because Dom took TJ's fire truck...Douche move if true.

TheBigRedOne -
Jmunzies - 
D241 - 
businessbhoy - 
Willin -
D241 -

Dominator doesn't lose this fight. Time/injuries might beat him, but a prime in shape injury less Cruz=#1 135lber

I am not sure how you can say that confidently, haha Phone Post 3.0
Pretty much how folks called Mendes destroying McGregor with total certainty in spite of the endless logical reasons why this would probably not be the case. Phone Post 3.0

#1, you won't find any post of me claiming that Mendes would destroy McGregor

#2, are you comparing Dominick Cruz to Mendes?  Are you aware they have totally different fighting styles?

#3, I recall TJ Dillashaw getting Knocked Out Cold by a 125lber, John Dodson about 58 minutes of the fight card in which they fought.

Remember when Dominick Cruz got knocked out or tko'd?  Me either.

Dillashaw did not get "knocked out cold". He ran straight into a big punch that landed flush on his chin and got rocked then pounced on. He was up on his feet instantly as soon as the fight was called.

Uh no. Dodson cold clocked him with a left hook behind ears which wobbled him. He hit him with a another punch and pushed him to the canvas were he proceeded to pummel him, until the ref jumped in. Dillashaw didn't know where he was and was trying to continue wrestling Dodson after the fight was stopped.

Dodson was too quick and too strong.
This guy has the right of it. Phone Post 3.0