Dips - too "gimicky" ??

I know most of us are DIY'ers and would just use a chair or saw horses, but what about this contraption?

Seems efficient, small, sturdy (at least as sturdy as a folding chair)

Anyone use it?

www.ultimatebodypress.com

www.ultimatebodypress.com 

The rings to use the stablizing muscles looks great.

Kinda like low rings. Obviously not as intense but same concept.

Hmmm...I like it.

I've done dips between folding chairs but I've had some scares where one of the chairs (or both!) almost scooted out to the side.

It's looks like it's fine but apparently it costs $80 which is stupid. It would definitely be better to build your own.

i'd hit kate

it probably costs them 5$ to produce

I KNOW I could not build something that compact that would be as strudy - minus buying saw horses (which is ghetto and big)

Might be worth it.

...again, I really like the handle/strap extensions !!

here

DarthChoke - I KNOW I could not build something that compact that would be as strudy - minus buying saw horses (which is ghetto and big)

Might be worth it.

...again, I really like the handle/strap extensions !!

you could use threaded steel piping and threaded elbows and build something with similar shape. No welding or bending involved, all you need is a pipe wrench

Dips are a great idea, but I agree it looks too flimsy/gimmicky. Of course, I'm 230 pounds, if the fucking thing isn't made of strong tube steel, I'd wreck the bitch.

Good point Dogmeat. And let's face it, the idea above (making your own) could be done for about 25 bucks most likely.

I could see the materials now:

2x4 legs. One set at 4 feet high, the other at 6 feet high to make a combination dip/pullup station

shorter pieces of 2x4 for the feet to widen the base some

pipe or some other 2x4 for the dip grips. a bar for the pullup portion.

bang, nice station.

looks far too short, why not build your own at an appropriate height?