DJ's manager= WOAT

He's little. He don't need as much money as the heavier fighters because he eats less and wears smaller clothes. Phone Post 3.0

something random - Surely he gets ppv points on top of that? I thought all champs got ppv points as standard? Phone Post 3.0
He would be paying UFC to be on the card if that was the case. Phone Post 3.0

Ive been impressed lately and actually look forward to his fights. He absolutely deserves more money with that kind of dominance. His star power is on the rise. He needs that fight with Cruz, with a win no one could question his marketability anymore.

Signed, reformed hater Phone Post 3.0

He needs to fight Dominick Cruz, then TJ even Faber if need be. Not some tuf winner Phone Post 3.0

Wrinkle - Ive been impressed lately and actually look forward to his fights. He absolutely deserves more money with that kind of dominance. His star power is on the rise. He needs that fight with Cruz, with a win no one could question his marketability anymore.

Signed, reformed hater Phone Post 3.0

Yup I see his stock going up as well. Especially if he decides to move up to BW.

Here's the problem for MM.

He's a highly intelligent, well spoken, polite, respectful, completely dominating champion that shows up every fight and makes his opponents look outmatched as he outworks them all fight long.

That's not what most fans or casual observers want, though.

They want mindless shit talk and fabricated hostility where the opponents insult eachother's mothers and wives and kids and uncles and countries. Then, after those requirements are met, they prefer a couple dudes slug it out in spectacular fashion or at least one dude gets his ass beat into the ground.

You don't HAVE to be an exciting fighter who wins with amazing knockouts or finishes if you can talk shit well (see chael sonnen for example), but it sure as hell helps.

If you don't talk tons of shit and hype your fight like crazy, then you have to have crazy fights or be completely dominant. MM falls into this category since he doesn't hype his fights that well. Unfortunately, he is TOO dominant and is doing so in the smallest weight class.

Its too many things going against him, sadly. It sucks because he's probably one the best role models you could want a kid to look up to in MMA. Just doesn't draw well and probably never will unless, A: His weight division suddenly gets a whole lot deeper and more exciting, or B: He starts talking crazy shit for some reason.

That's my take at least.

Hurtsogood - Here's the problem for MM.

He's a highly intelligent, well spoken, polite, respectful, completely dominating champion that shows up every fight and makes his opponents look outmatched as he outworks them all fight long.

They want mindless shit talk and fabricated hostility where the opponents insult eachother's mothers and wives and kids and uncles and countries. Then, after those requirements are met, they prefer a couple dudes slug it out in spectacular fashion or at least one dude gets his ass beat into the ground.

You don't HAVE to be an exciting fighter who wins with amazing knockouts or finishes if you can talk shit well (see chael sonnen for example), but it sure as hell helps.

If you don't talk tons of shit and hype your fight like crazy, then you have to have crazy fights or be completely dominant. MM falls into this category since he doesn't hype his fights that well. Unfortunately, he is TOO dominant and is doing so in the smallest weight class.

Its too many things going against him, sadly. It sucks because he's probably one the best role models you could want a kid to look up to in MMA. Just doesn't draw well and probably never will unless, A: His weight division suddenly gets a whole lot deeper and more exciting, or B: He starts talking crazy shit for some reason.

That's my take at least.
This might be the case for some meathead fans. But I personally am tired of all the fake trash talk and like it better when they are respectful.

Yet I still can't stand to watch this guy fight. Too boring he's just jumping around usually not doing damage for 25 minutes.

Although credit to him on his last fight. If he can continue to do that I'll definitely become more of a fan Phone Post 3.0

^^ I hear you. I find the fake shit talking pretty stupid and transparent a lot of the time, too. But just go look at all the threads on the UG anytime a notable fighter says anything even remotely controversial. People will make all these threads about how mean the guy is, or how he's totally inside that guys head now or how much they are looking forward to the fight.

There must have easily been 500 threads about various shit talk Rousey put out there with all her public appearances.

There are a lot more morons than you think who just gobble that shit up. They think guys who train against killers every day are actually intimidated by words. And insincere words at that.

Its amazing how far some insults will push a guy in the eyes of a lot of people.

Sometimes its funny and I can appreciate someone who is good on the mic, but most of the time its lame and transparent. Part of being a draw at this point, however.

That's my take at least.
Worked out fine for Gsp being polite, respectful, and dominant. I guess having a whole country cheering for ya helps to Phone Post 3.0

hendofanforlife - 
Death Beast - I really hope that goes up significantly after this last performance. DJ got stuck carrying weak cards when he wasn't well known, but fighting on same card as Jones might help him finally get over the hump. Phone Post 3.0

success through osmosis?

More eyes on you during a dominant performance can't hurt. I saw someone say DJ had 1000 people watching his twitch this week compared to the 2-300 he usually has, so he may have already won some new fans this weekend.

I wonder how much DJ lost in endorsements. I think he was doing really well before Reebok fucked everything up. Phone Post 3.0

The BigBadWolf ticket - 

That's my take at least.
Worked out fine for Gsp being polite, respectful, and dominant. I guess having a whole country cheering for ya helps to Phone Post 3.0

Yea, GSP is probably the closest example to MM off the top of my head as far as fighting style/dominant fights and personality.

But you are correct about the entire country of Canada really rallying behind him.

GSP had a deeper division and fought at a weight class people respect more as well.

He is too small for most people to give a shit about. That's the bottom line. 135 suffers the same fate. 145 was almost in the same category until Conor McGregor came along. That is the cold hard truth. Phone Post 3.0

What other sport beside being a jockey can men smaller themw twelve year olds make 6 figures for a days pay? Phone Post 3.0

MakeMeBleed - What other sport beside being a jockey can men smaller themw twelve year olds make 6 figures for a days pay? Phone Post 3.0

Muggsy Bogues is gonna tell you a thing or two fella.

john joe - 
greenman417 - 
BruteDion - He Makin' Dat Twitch Money. He fine.

i don't think he is making that much from twitch yet. he did have over a thousand viewers today streaming but normally when i look at his stream he has much less than that usually 150-300 viewers. Rampage gets a little more than him i think but rampage doesn't get to many either

twitch is a nonsense idea which is doomed to failure and will lose all its investors money, is why

Please elaborate on how its a nonsense idea and why it will fail. I'm honestly curious.

omlet de fromage - 

That's my take at least.
This might be the case for some meathead fans. But I personally am tired of all the fake trash talk and like it better when they are respectful.

Yet I still can't stand to watch this guy fight. Too boring he's just jumping around usually not doing damage for 25 minutes.

Although credit to him on his last fight. If he can continue to do that I'll definitely become more of a fan Phone Post 3.0

"If he can continue to do that I'll definitely become more of a fan"

MM finished 5 of his last 7 fights. Few, if any other UFC champs can say the same.

Fabes - I wonder how much DJ lost in endorsements. I think he was doing really well before Reebok fucked everything up. Phone Post 3.0

Do you know how many fights he has left on his contract? I'd guess that he agreed to less on his previous contract partially due to his sponsorship deals being pretty good. Wouldn't be surprised to see a decent increase by the next time he negotiates (with any effort at all from he and his manager)

LBH_RN - He's little. He don't need as much money as the heavier fighters because he eats less and wears smaller clothes. Phone Post 3.0
That's by choice. He knows he can't afford bigger clothes so he just doesn't grow. He'd be a HW if he was making Anderson Silva money. Phone Post 3.0

Whambo - He probably got pretty hurt by the sponsorship deal. He had that sweet exclusive deal with xbox, I have to imagine he made more on that than he does now.

It was a per fight basis. I believe on Rogans podcast he talked about it more in depth.

And the whole thing about Twitch is yes, he is slowly starting to get more subscribers and making some money, but a shit ton of money was invested on his part to get everything set up right. (Buy a desktop, laptop, green screen, upgraded internet, etc)