DLH/Sturm-I thought DLH won

I count that knockdown since, well by the rules it was a knockdown.
Though I don't think he needed the knockdown to win the fight.

He can have the W in the Tito fight, I just want the W for Whitaker.

I give all Oscar all the respect in the world, I thought the only fights he has truly lost were the first fight vs. Mosley and maybe Quartey.

Sturm's jabs brought back the memory of Oscar's fight with Quartey. It's just that Oscar and Ike were the same size, therefore Oscar could hurt Ike, but Sturm was another sotry.

Brian Kenney and Jim Lampley are among those who thought Oscar beat Whitaker. So did I, as I felt ODLH outworked Pernell down the stretch.

But I guess that's still a minority opinion.

PFP you are correct about down the stretch. In fact, I think round 12 of that fight may have been Sweet Pea's worst round as a fighter. He basically went to sleep and began clowning and let Oscar win it on effort alone. I just thought Pea's jab and his slickness early was enough to win a narrow decision. Again, it was another very close Oscar fight and a hard one to score. I would have picked Oscar in a rematch because he would have had to have figured Pea out a little and would have been more prepared for Pea's style.

I thought that the DLH-Sturm fight could have easily been scored a draw but I also think that Jason is probably right: DLH landed the harder, more effective combinations and loads of body punches. My observations: (1) Mayweather's style may not be effective at all against Hopkins... DLH had better fight Hopkins differently or he is going to be KO'd (2) DLH doesn't have a middleweight's body and he was a bit flabby-- perhaps he wasn't very motivated to train but will be much more motivated against Hopkins (4) DLH got hit a lot more than he should have (5) DLH has mediocre, at best, power at 160 lbs., whereas he was a devastating puncher at 135 lbs..

Well, Homie I am sober (hey, it happens) and after watching the fight multiple times I still have Sturm winning by two points. Sturm dictated the pace and style of the fight, was never hurt or in any sort of tactical trouble, landed the cleaner shots and blocked Oscar's. Flurries on the gloves and arms should not score points. Any decision in Oscar's favor is too generous; he was deserving of a draw at the very most.

It was a close fight... Homie, I have long since ceased to care what Lampley, Merchant, and even RJJ say when they're commentating on fights. The crowd? Most of them were too far away from the action to have a halfway decent view anyway... but the most important question is, who is better looking, DLH or Sturm? My wife says Sturm but I'm not so sure...

If Sturm had won a decision, other than Hopkins, no one would have complained... I just think that based on this performance, DLH is in a lot of trouble against Hopkins.

"DLH has mediocre, at best, power at 160 lbs., whereas he was a
devastating puncher at 135 lbs"

I think if you want to measure ODH's power, you should look at any
fight under 147lbs. Also, I don't really look at the knockdowns ODH
suffered under 147lbs either. Most due to extreme weight loss, and
dehydration.

"Man, I just don't get it. Am I the only one that saw a clear Sturm
victory???"

No, your not, though after reading what people were saying, I did
expect the fight to be more one sided (saw the fight a week after).
Though still had Sturm winning, no way a champion (be it a belt holder
or not), loses his title in a fight like that.

Gator Man, no need for the Caps lock to be on. I was simply saying
that champions do not lose their title in a fight like that. Sturm, yes
was the champion.

To win a world title, you have to beat the champ, really take it from
him. That was one of my points in the ODLH-Whitaker fight, along
with the fact I had Whitaker winning more rounds.