do chicks actually like fighters/tough guys???

I would say yes and no.

An in-shape athlete is usually perceived to be attractive. They definitely have a lot of self-confidence. 

A lot of professional fighters that train at the same MMA gym that I do are weird dudes and have strange personalities. There's just something different about a fighters persona than any other athlete imo. 

Even though I love it, MMA is indeed a brutal sport with terrible pay and low job security. It's a lifestyle that demands long hours. I would imagine that it's difficult for someone to be compatible with that lifestyle for a long-term commitment. 

I dunno but they love it when I trane UFC

Choked72 - When you find one that does, you've found damaged goods.

I’d say it’s more someone who has a strong need to feel physically protected. The reasons for that need may well come from having experienced some kind of previous trauma.

Most fighters are not right in the head…I dont see how a female could be right in the head and be attracted to that.

Choked72 -

<<<- A tough man who can protect her and her children.>>>

Let's just dispense with this one as it hasn't been applicable since the rule of law and order has come about a couple of millenia ago...think about all the things in a modern society that protect a woman and her children:

- savings and investments

- insurance

- earning potential

- intelligence

- creativity

- assertiveness

- persuasion and charisma

And funnily enough, these are attractive traits. So if you truly believe that your ability to throw a punch translates into protecting a female and therefore makes you more attractive, you're out of touch with reality. LARP much?

Nah, it’s still attractive. 

I aint saying you have to be the UFC champ but you can’t be a p—-y. If the situation calls for it you have to stand up for yourself and if you are a “strong” man, maybe that’s a better word for you, then that is attractive. 

If you don’t think that women want a “man” then you are the one who isn’t living in reality. It’s a very strong attractive trait in fact. Women will test you to see how strong you are or how much of a p—-y you are. If you can’t stand up to them then how are you going to stand up to others? That’s how they see it. The test ain’t physical but still it tests your mental strength or mental toughness which translates into a man who can protect her. If she senses you might be weak then she might do something like try and put you down in front of her friends and if you dont respond right then she senses your weakness. Guys do this too. A guy at a bar might see you with a hot girl and come up trying to be friendly then make some kind of remark about your shirt or something in a joking manner. He’s just testing to see if you are going to take it. If you just laugh it off then it will get worse. I’m not saying you have to be aggressive but you got say something about his clothes back or like I said it’s going to get worse. He’s just seeing how you going to react when he starts moving in and he’s trying to impress your girl. That assertiveness you mentioned that’s mental toughness in itself. Let’s say that you respond back equally then he starts to become aggressive and your assertiveness doesn’t cut it anymore and you knock the guy out. That right there is going to turn her on even if she is the most sophisticated lady who does not want a man who is overly aggressive. Women like a man who can take care of himself and her if need be.

And mental toughness is the same. If you are a passive dude that she sees everyone can run over then you are extremely unattractive. Again you have to show some strength with your assertiveness. Women will test this too. She might try to order you to do something that she don’t even really want done just to see if you’ll do it. If you don’t stand up to her then she will sense your weakness and be turned off. I’ve seen guys have girls tell them to buy them this or that and the guy does it even though he don’t want to and she don’t even really want it. It was just a test. He thinks he did good because he gave her what she wanted but nope. He failed because what she wanted was a strong man.

Women want to breed with alphas and raise kids with a beta

Calhoon - 
Choked72 -

Let's just dispense with this one as it hasn't been applicable since the rule of law and order has come about a couple of millenia ago...think about all the things in a modern society that protect a woman and her children:

- insurance

- earning potential

- intelligence

- creativity

- assertiveness

And funnily enough, these are attractive traits. So if you truly believe that your ability to throw a punch translates into protecting a female and therefore makes you more attractive, you're out of touch with reality. LARP much?

I aint saying you have to be the UFC champ but you can’t be a p—-y. If the situation calls for it you have to stand up for yourself and if you are a “strong” man, maybe that’s a better word for you, then that is attractive. 

If you don’t think that women want a “man” then you are the one who isn’t living in reality. It’s a very strong attractive trait in fact. Women will test you to see how strong you are or how much of a p—-y you are. If you can’t stand up to them then how are you going to stand up to others? That’s how they see it. The test ain’t physical but still it tests your mental strength or mental toughness which translates into a man who can protect her. If she senses you might be weak then she might do something like try and put you down in front of her friends and if you dont respond right then she senses your weakness. Guys do this too. A guy at a bar might see you with a hot girl and come up trying to be friendly then make some kind of remark about your shirt or something in a joking manner. He’s just testing to see if you are going to take it. If you just laugh it off then it will get worse. I’m not saying you have to be aggressive but you got say something about his clothes back or like I said it’s going to get worse. He’s just seeing how you going to react when he starts moving in and he’s trying to impress your girl. That assertiveness you mentioned that’s mental toughness in itself. Let’s say that you respond back equally then he starts to become aggressive and your assertiveness doesn’t cut it anymore and you knock the guy out. That right there is going to turn her on even if she is the most sophisticated lady who does not want a man who is overly aggressive. Women like a man who can take care of himself and her if need be.

And mental toughness is the same. If you are a passive dude that she sees everyone can run over then you are extremely unattractive. Again you have to show some strength with your assertiveness. Women will test this too. She might try to order you to do something that she don’t even really want done just to see if you’ll do it. If you don’t stand up to her then she will sense your weakness and be turned off. I’ve seen guys have girls tell them to buy them this or that and the guy does it even though he don’t want to and she don’t even really want it. It was just a test. He thinks he did good because he gave her what she wanted but nope. He failed because what she wanted was a strong man.

Interesting bars you must go to. Maybe upgrade your social circle and earning power to afford it? That would be a better path than being baited by a 2 nickel drunk making a comment about your shirt.

Choked, I don’t need any advice from you that is for sure.

Calhoon -
Choked72 -

- insurance

- earning potential

- intelligence

- creativity

- assertiveness

Maybe you shouldn't be wearing such fruity shirts to the bar.  Might help your chances with the ladies.

FatsMcGee -
Calhoon -
Choked72 -

- insurance

- earning potential

- intelligence

- creativity

- assertiveness

Maybe you shouldn't be wearing such fruity shirts to the bar.  Might help your chances with the ladies.

Maybe you should use just one screen name

Some girls love the tattooed bad boy MMA fighters but the awkward obsessive loner and huge ugly meathead are not going to get much action.

Calhoon -
FatsMcGee -
Calhoon -
Choked72 -

- insurance

- earning potential

- intelligence

- creativity

- assertiveness

Maybe you should use just one screen name

Maybe I do.  

Maybe you and choked should forget about women and he can choke on your fat mcgee

I’m with Choked on this one.

Most modern day women have no idea why I want to fight, when I’m not getting any pay for it. And they certainly don’t feel sorry for me when I’m nursing injuries caused by my hobby.

I feel like it’s such a handicap, having this fighter’s mindset. When I should be focusing on my studies/career,  I just have the overhelming urge to go and start punching things! I only feel mellow and “normal” after training, especially sparring.

It’s such a waste of time, and I’ve never experienced a situation on the street/in a bar where I’ve had a practical use for my training. 

What a broad question. 

A lot of women are timid and shy and like to avoid any type of conflict in present or future scenarios. This could be for a variety of reasons. There's definitely a market for manly men and what's important to one woman might not be important at all to another. 

some good arguments back and forth

about what women want etc

lots of ways to look at this

there are a few things i noticed

1. very odd that so many guys here think that women who are into

guys that fight/train are somehow werid or low class

this is strange considering this an mma fourm

i highly doubt if guys on an art painting forum will

girls who are into artist men these things…

logic would say,

if your an artist

you would want more women to be into artists

if your a martial artist/fighter you would want

more women to be into guys who do this…

there other thing, i noticed a few people mention that

women avoid “these fighter types” because of things like conflict…

interesting often times the big strong guys are way less likely to be violent with a girls then weaker guys who are more likely to be punked off by other guys…

there is an old saying

" a guy who does not have the balls to hit a man

has the balls to hit a woman"

At first YES! Its cool dating a FIGHTER.. however after 6 -12 months , they leave cause life is all about training , eating right and basically resting between training sessions... and the spotlight isnt that Big on up and coming fighters so their is little more then the local fame.. but the local fame is worth 0 too golddiggers since they realize you are Never out clubbing and hanging with the cool people. Most fighters end up with good girls cause Aint no bad  ones sticking around long enough to put a ring on IT....

Literally 0 women have sucked upon my penis due to my green name. It’s ALWAYS my smile/butt/dazzling wit that leaves them moist and wanting.

Women are into guys who wear cycling bib shorts.

It lets them know you're packing, and you have a sense of humor.