Do the elite care about measly 75k bonuses?

Raw undercard fighters would fight to the death for this incentive.

But what about GSP?

I think that's the point. We don't need GSP to put on a good show, the sheer competition at that stage it enough. But at the lower levels you expect entertainment Phone Post

There's only a handful of UFC fighters getting a slice of the PPV. They probably are as eager as anyone else to win the bonuses just to look good and appeal to fans. The money probably is secondary, but the "award" can feel good to win.

Even GSP has to dream about getting a sub or KO of the night, right?

Brian J DSouza - 

There's only a handful of UFC fighters getting a slice of the PPV. They probably are as eager as anyone else to win the bonuses just to look good and appeal to fans. The money probably is secondary, but the "award" can feel good to win.

Even GSP has to dream about getting a sub or KO of the night, right?

Publicly, gsp thinks wandy is unsafe... A stupid fighter... I'm sure. Yet his dreams overwhelm... He longs to own an arena like the former pride king.

I think the main event fighters should not be eligible for the OTN bonuses. If they are the main event then they should fight like they are the fight of the night and they should be compensated accordingly. Give the guys with the smaller paychecks a chance to earn some extra money.

Not really, a loss would cost gsp much more than that. OTN bonuses are now 50k across the board as well

GSP gets paid 5 mill a fight right? Why would he care about anything but round control with minimal risk?

Just saying.

finish bonus.

75k is pittance to GSP, Anderson...

To Mayweather, that is like a nickel.

Entreri - 75k is pittance to GSP, Anderson...

To Mayweather, that is like a nickel.

Yeah I dunno how much GSP makes.. 2 million USD pr fight? I am just guessing here.

so 75k isn't a big deal for him.

But when Pablo Garza made 129k at UFC 129 for his flying triangle, I am sure it had a CERTAIN impact on his bank account :D

Of course they care, are you retarded?

75G is a lot of money, regardless. GSP is loaded, but he's not THAT loaded.

But I agree. They should throw the cash at the broke fighters.

That being said, what if all the undercard fights suck and the two millionaires leave it all out there? Phone Post

50k now. Phone Post

nostripewhite - 

Of course they care, are you retarded?

75G is a lot of money, regardless. GSP is loaded, but he's not THAT loaded.

But I agree. They should throw the cash at the broke fighters.

That being said, what if all the undercard fights suck and the two millionaires leave it all out there? Phone Post

He makes $10 million a year from endorsments, hes not going to risk a loss for a bonus.

Tips for good service are always appreciated. Phone Post

one thing about rich people, they love money

sure it matters

NoNameBias -
Publicly, gsp thinks wandy is unsafe... A stupid fighter... I'm sure. Yet his dreams overwhelm... He longs to own an arena like the former pride king.

Its tough, making the fans happy. Wonder if Wand ever dreams about holding a UFC title? Or even winning more fights?

Probably a few of them, I mean why not? I think most of the elite just focus on defeating their opponent as they're usually going to be another elite fighter.

Personally I enjoy the fights between two very technical, intelligent fighters more. Although I do enjoy a sweet ko or submission based on the execution. I am a bit picky. Phone Post

to a good business man 75k is a lot of money.

double post.

One thing about ALL people... they love money.

The idea that rich people simply don't need it and poor people simply don't want it is a joke.

I also doubt that the bonuses really factor into any fighter's game plan - regardless of their pay scale. Everyone wants to win - the bonus is just a bonus (pun intended). Phone Post