Do they make grips to change barbell bench press to natural grip barbell bench press

Shoulder problems here. Barbell bench press kills me. When I do dumbells, it hurts a lot less, because I turn my hands in. I’d like to effectively do the same thing for the barbell at the gym. Is there some kind of grip I can buy to attach to the barbell each time I’m going to bench at the gym to make my hands like that?

Look at the picture in this link, that is the hand position I want. I know it might be hard to make such an attachment, but I’m hoping something is out there.

https://kabukistrength.com/products/the-kadillac-bar-v2?variant=41955354935482

Thanks for any help!

P.S. obviously I don’t want to buy that bar and take it to the gym every time, hoping there was just some small attachments i could get that I could clamp it to the bar at the gym when its time to bench.

P.P.S. go heavy or go home!!!

Your gym doesn’t have dumbbells?

Why are you married to a bar?

3 Likes

Honestly, I throw up a LOT of weight on dumbells. So much that it hurts picking them up from the ground and throwing them over my head. The barbells are obviously racked for you just to start pressing.

Fair enough.

My heaviest lifting period was solo. Exclusively used dumbbells with the occasional spot when I was pushing 90s.

I am no Mr. Universe so didn’t go beyond that.

It does start to get tough getting going with those.

Yep yep. I’m on 95s, and that shit just feels heavy and hurts, but ready to go to 100s. I really wish they had dumbell stands like they do for barbells, so silly not to.

1 Like

Globe Gripz might help though looks like it could be uncomfortable for heavier weights.

http://www.gymprofessor.com/globe-gripz/

I’ve lifted at the Kabuki gym many time. Great place. The Kadillac bar is awesome.

Yea, that bar would actually be perfect. Its 24 hour fitness though, I think they’d spaz out if I tried to bring my own bar in there. Was hoping to slip in some small attachments unnoticed haha.

I have a neutral grip bar I got pretty cheap from titan, use one of those

Thanks TheThrill. Do you have a link perchance? I went to their site and searched for “neutral grip bars”, and found this:

https://www.titan.fitness/racks/rack-accessories/t-3-series/neutral-grip-handles/400581.html

Lot’s of neutral grip bars out there, but the vast majority seem to be for other things, like those, which are for pull-ups. I was hoping there were some for the bench press. Candidly, it might be difficult to make those, given you’d have to have some way to latch onto the bar securely, but I was hoping they did exist.

Thanks!

Hmmm, that is interesting, but yea, I just worry it wouldn’t be stable with big weights on there. But very interesting!

https://www.titan.fitness/strength/barbells/specialty/angled-multi-grip-barbell-v3/430326.html

I have that one…they also have the cambered one on sale for 199 today

Shoot TheThrill, I was actually looking for an ATTACHMENT that could be attached to a normal barbell to give that grip, not a barbell that had that grip itself, if that makes sense.

Cant you solve your shoulder problems? Maybe lats are weak? Tight shoulders? Do some balance exercises

And bench press

2 Likes

Brother you need to address the shoulder issue. Get some Physio and do the exercises. Do not bench at all during this time. Might only take a few weeks.

You can still grow your chest using machines and dumbbells

If you have to have barbell bench in your life then your form must need some work. Start from scratch on very low weight where it doesn’t hurt the shoulder and work back up again but do not train through that pain. Get the shoulder sweet first. Those grips are gay as fuck

3 Likes

Also to note the large majority of pro bodybuilders never barbell bench press for this exact reason

1 Like

Maybe you will find better answers in…

2 Likes

I would think that even if you find something the set up would be weird, if anything you might want to stick to pushup/dip variations

I had a gym that HAD some. Stands with a hole to slide your hand in. You couldn’t rack them back there, but you could start from the stretched arms position. It was used for incline presses though, as you had to be slightly up the bench, grab the dumbbells, and then with them in hand, slide your butt down (otherwise you’d grab them with your arms way too far back).

It worked great! Though one time, I wasn’t focused enough and for some reason couldn’t control the negative part of that first rep. Bruised a rib! It was my normal training weight so I still don’t get why it happened. It wasn’t a freefall but way to quick to take that impact.

I find it weird that I’ve never seen this rack system anywhere else.

Get someone to spot. If you can’t roll back with the dbs you probably shouldn’t be lifting them