Do we really need USADA?

I thought I was pleased about USADA coming in and making sure everyone was clean...

And then everyone was popping for this n that and fights I wanted to see were getting scrapped.

Anderson Silva vs Kelvin Gastelum has been scrapped TWICE because of USADA

Now I realise I coudn't care less if fighters smoke cyrstal meth on the way to the cage as long as we get some exciting fights.

Could USADA just pretend to test the fighters? Take their sample and on the way home throw it out of the window and knock off early instead of testing it.

Im not a fighter so Im torn on this.

on one hand its not fair for the clean figthers and people shouldn't HAVE TO take something just to keep up.

on the other hand, who doesn't wanna see TRT Vitor or Uberreem

GaspareBJJ -

Im not a fighter so Im torn on this.

on one hand its not fair for the clean figthers and people shouldn't HAVE TO take something just to keep up.

on the other hand, who doesn't wanna see TRT Vitor or Uberreem

I much prefered it when I was naive (before USADA) and thought everyone must be clean because fighters got tested on fight night.

Snapper_Winner - 

I thought I was pleased about USADA coming in and making sure everyone was clean...

And then everyone was popping for this n that and fights I wanted to see were getting scrapped.

Now I realise I coudn't care less if fighters smoke cyrstal meth on the way to the cage as long as we get some exciting fights.

Could USADA just pretend to test the fighters? Take their sample and on the way home throw it out of the window and knock off early instead of testing it.

actually is was scrapped because a fighter tested hot. How do you figure that is because of USADA? It’s because of the fighter that tested hot.

On one hand pre usada was an amazing and exciting time for the sport.

On the other I feel usada is good for the sport because it doesn’t penalise those who don’t want to risk using PEDs.

USADA is for safety of the athletes, olympic athletes who use peds to win but also shorthen their lives/ for a dangerous sport as MMA, its just a PR gimmick.

Steroids make things fair. What if you have shitty genetics

I know it's bad for athletes health, and I know they are adults and can make their own choices and some people will probably die by making bad choices. But in the end it's people's choice to do what they want and so be it. They won't stop PEDs regardless so just educate everyone on the dangers and if someone wants to take enough horse drugs until they are a centaur in the octagon then it should be good viewing for the rest of us.

How can you be the best in the world if you use roids to win? Pretty pussyish to me.

irone93 -

Steroids make things fair. What if you have shitty genetics

Good genetics + PED'S is still unfair.
Carogan -
Snapper_Winner -

Yeah, agreed, cuz the only thing that matters in this world is your entertainment pleasure.

Fucking morons.

When watching sports, don't you want to be as entertained as possible?

deleted

Carogan -
Neph -

I know it's bad for athletes health, and I know they are adults and can make their own choices and some people will probably die by making bad choices. But in the end it's people's choice to do what they want and so be it. They won't stop PEDs regardless so just educate everyone on the dangers and if someone wants to take enough horse drugs until they are a centaur in the octagon then it should be good viewing for the rest of us.

You do realize that as soon as we as a culture start allowing this, it becomes viewed as not only acceptable by our children but its normalized.

You idiots do realize that by doing so dooms our future generations.

https://discoverready.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/think-of-children.png

"Look at what steroids did to it"

I’m for USADA, can’t have everyone running stabbing themselves willy nilly.

That said, I think some moderate stabbing is ok for older men.

Pierre St-George -

"Look at what steroids did to it"

this is hilerious.

no fan of usada.

just brefore and after fight tests is enough for me.

train/recover how u want, but come fight night, clean!

Not every fighter WANTS to do roids. Many long term health effects and it's stupid to require fighters to be on them if they want to fight. 

Nah get rid of it. The testing is more strict than any main stream sport, and the product is generally worse for it. Mma will never be on the level of basketball, football or the other big ones, so stop trying to make it that way.

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - no fan of usada.

just brefore and after fight tests is enough for me.

train/recover how u want, but come fight night, clean!

You do understand the advantage using performance enhancing drugs does for a fighters training? It’s hardly fair against a clean opponent