Do you guys miss Goldberg?

Currently watching UFC 110 on my journey through all the cards. Crocop looking like he will finally get a win here. Velasquez will be the main event. Bisping Vs Wanderlie on the card. Great stuff.

Do you long time fans like the new commentary set up?

Update. Mirko just split the other guy open big time. As soon as he elbowed him he stood up to let the doc in lol.

11 Likes

Hell yeah. He was an idiot some times, but he was our idiot. And its not the same without him, imo.

19 Likes

22 Likes

I don’t like how they released him. Classic dirty tactics.

11 Likes

I do a little… I didn’t listen to Goldberg for the technical details but his voice was great for play by play and he got you excited for the fights. He was also very cool in person the couple times I met him.

I will say that he kind of became a caricature of himself in the other promotions repeating his lines and seemingly less interested but even then he is better than most of the rest.

Also don’t like how they released him too considering he was there before Zuffa and was literally the voice of their company along with Joe. And Joe I thought would’ve been more supportive but I don’t think he had his back or even had him on the pod ever.

6 Likes

Yes. Way better than anik

10 Likes

Immensely. IMO the announce team has never been the same since. DC, Anik, Cruz… All terrible

9 Likes

Goldie will always hold a place in my heart but I think everyone UFC has now is better. Goldie is currently calling fights for BYB bare knuckle fighting along with Paulie Malignaggi I believe.

for sure i miss goldie.

2 Likes

Yes! I do like Anik and Bisping though.

Just never have Dominic Cruz on commentary again!

2 Likes

Yes. Dc bispin and specially Anik all suck. Anik is the worst

No duo tops Rogan & Goldberg

8 Likes

Nobody is as horrible as cruz

Golllldberg Gollllldberg Gollllldberg

Who’s next!?

1 Like

Goldberg was cool. Not gonna lie and say I miss him though. Now PRIDE and UFC before WMMA on the cards… yeah, I miss those things.

These days its normal to see two or three WMMA fights and zero HW fights on a UFC Fight Night.

The new normal. Not the UFC we grew to love.

Imagine ten or fifteen years ago Dana trying to hype a title fight involving a fighter who has not won a fight in four years and he is fighting someone else who has only had a single fight in four years and he somehow has the UFC recognized belt?

5 Likes

To me Ngannou and Aspinall have a much stronger claim to being the real champs than Jones. Jones has a single HW fight. Ngannou and Aspinall have a lot.

2 Likes

Sometimes I think that, but then I realize that I just liked the UFC better back then it was more exciting for me personally. Anik is good. Rogan is good and DC doesn’t bother me as much as he used to.

3 Likes

anim-nostalgia

1 Like

The rumor was that there was some pretty self destructive behavior that was being ignored after it was addressed

I enjoyed him, but he was lazy on the pre fight preparation

Whatever he said on the fighters debut walk out was the same thing that he said on that same fighters 10th appearance

3 Likes

I heard it was a huge Adderall addiction

2 Likes
1 Like