dodge and weave anderson dodge and weave!

Photobucket
Photobucket

I'm baffled that more fighters aren't trying to strike his body more.
The head kick was a nice touch by Forrest but with little effect.

yeah...i thought i had that gif but i cant find it...

i just wish people would realize that if they fight like hendo did in the first round that they can beat him...everyone gets too much pride and trys to stand with him

it's that easy huh?

it's that easy huh?

lotor - I'm baffled that more fighters aren't trying to strike his body more.

I think leg kicks would have been more effective in that situation.  

I think Frank Mir's Horseshoe placed in your glove is the only bet....

Then you have to be lucky enough to hit him once.

Anderson threads are hilarious. Because somebody always says something crazy. "He could've finished him any time he wanted" or "all you have to do to beat him is..."

It's the MMA equivalent of saying, "why didn't he just throw a touchdown?" or "why doesn't he hit a home run during every at bat?"

That easy huh?

LOL...he's like the point guard with a flashy handle. People haven't figured out to just watch the hips! That'll tell you where he's really going. But be careful, because you'll probably get KO'd if you look away for even an instant.

PembrokePinesVillain - i just wish people would realize that if they fight like hendo did in the first round that they can beat him...everyone gets too much pride and trys to stand with him

Didn't seem to work out too well for Hendo, imo.

Question about bobbing and weaving.

Is Anderson doing it based off the punches or is he just doing it?

What I mean is:

Anderson does a: duck, lean back, duck.
did he think: "Kick coming, I'll duck, punch coming, I'll lean back, another punch, I'll duck"

Or did he just think "Kick coming, I'll duck" and then the rest is just motions "just in case" there are followups?

Like if Rich didnt throw the two punches, would Anderson have been bobbing/weaving on his way out anyway?

Because there have been times when guy #1 throws 2 punches and the other guy bobs/weaves but even when guy #1 stops punching, guy #2 still bobs/weaves a couple of times.

Am I explaining my question correctly?

just like they practice their own compbos, they practice defending them. i'm sure it wasn't because he saw them, he saw the kick, on instinct moved the second and saw the third

Rolling under that right hand is 100% intentional. It's crazy to me that this guy isn't the single most popular fighter in the sport right now.

What he is doing right now is extremely rare in this sport and the way he's doing it is really nothing short of phenomenal.

The only person beating Anderson right now is Anderson and/or father time.

"He probabaly ducked the kick on purpose, and then just moved in case there was follow up, which he knew there would be "

"just like they practice their own compbos, they practice defending them. i'm sure it wasn't because he saw them, he saw the kick, on instinct moved the second and saw the third "

Thats what I was thinking.

So when guys start bobbing/weaving, they are doing it in a sort of pattern then? Not like dodging each strike individually....?

angryinch - 
lotor - I'm baffled that more fighters aren't trying to strike his body more.

I think leg kicks would have been more effective in that situation.  

I agree if the head is moving the feet usually aren't. Leg kicks or a takedown attempt are indicated.

Forrest caught him flush with a hard shot at least once and it had absolutely no effect. Combine that with the dodging, and knowing that there's a good chance that any touch from the guy will hurt you bad, and it's hard for any opponent to feel confident.

If Rich would have fully rotated his left leg on the head kick attempt, Anderson was going to eat Rich's shin.

jkd_guy - "He probabaly ducked the kick on purpose, and then just moved in case there was follow up, which he knew there would be "

"just like they practice their own compbos, they practice defending them. i'm sure it wasn't because he saw them, he saw the kick, on instinct moved the second and saw the third "

Thats what I was thinking.

So when guys start bobbing/weaving, they are doing it in a sort of pattern then? Not like dodging each strike individually....?

When you consider that a left strike is normally followed up by a right strike then you can flow your slips/bobs/weaves more effectively.

Rather than thinking "left jab - slip to the right, here comes a straight right, slip to the left"

When he slips to the right he knows the next likely shot is a right hook/straight so hes going to slip right bob left etc.

Obviously thats over simplifying it but you get my drift

disbeliever - Hes got his eyes on rich. Headmovement in MMA is pretty rare. He probabaly ducked the kick on purpose, and then just moved in case there was follow up, which he knew there would be

i can see what you are talking about the "just in case" sounds about right.