Does Anderson have KO power?

Samoa - 

Fedor has starched guys.....so he has that power. My point made.

Reflexes has to do with timing and speed. Time will tell, but IMO (contrary to your OPINION) time will wear on his reflexes which will affect his timing and ability to react to his opponent. Phone Post

That will definitely happen eventually but you also predicted it would lead to 'frightful beatings' for him, which I seriously doubt will happen as he has so many other attributes in which he has a huge advantage over other fighters that won't deteriorate in the same way his speed will.

IDOHARM -
simonpe - He KO'd Forrest with a jab... Phone Post

That shit was hilarious. Phone Post

I honestly think it's ridiculous when people say this. He didn't "KO" him, Forrest pretty much threw his hands up and said no more after that punch. In no way was he out cold. Phone Post

RobinVanRooney - 

OP is retard Phone Post

Tad Ghostal -
Samoa -  Fedor has starched guys.....so he has that power. My point made.

Reflexes has to do with timing and speed. Time will tell, but IMO (contrary to your OPINION) time will wear on his reflexes which will affect his timing and ability to react to his opponent. Phone Post

That will definitely happen eventually but you also predicted it would lead to 'frightful beatings' for him, which I seriously doubt will happen as he has so many other attributes in which he has a huge advantage over other fighters that won't deteriorate in the same way his speed will.

I still believe that will happen if he continues to fight after his reflexes are no longer put other fighters at a signiicant disadvantage. You don't. We disagree; I'm ok with that. Phone Post

Typing and correcting on the iPhone.......makes my posts come out in coconut. Phone Post

Samoa - 
Tad Ghostal -

I still believe that will happen if he continues to fight after his reflexes are no longer put other fighters at a signiicant disadvantage. You don't. We disagree; I'm ok with that. Phone Post

Depends how much longer he fights for. Like you said, hopefully we don't see him getting beat up by guys he would have styled on. That being said, we've already seen him take a beating from Sonnen so it's definitely possible.

Tad Ghostal -
Samoa - 
Tad Ghostal -

Depends how much longer he fights for. Like you said, hopefully we don't see him getting beat up by guys he would have styled on. That being said, we've already seen him take a beating from Sonnen so it's definitely possible.

An example of the flip aide of his style is Wand. In an his prime Wand beat Dan Henderson from pillar to post; taking his best and giving it. In his prime he laughed as he destroyed Rampage twice. In his prime he fought a young murderous Mirko to a draw in, essentially, a kickboxing match. Fast forward to a time when his strength is behind him and Wand fights the same fighters with less of his skill and he gets stiffy-toed by all three of hear fighters (and Chris friggin Leben).

I are similar things / scenarios for Anderson if he fights after his strength leaves him. Not getting stretched or left spooning the invisible man on the mat, but getting caught repeatedly by strikes that he would have been able to avoid in his prime.

Again, it's a conjecture post and just my opinion. I hope he doesn't fight beyond his skill set. Phone Post

IDOHARM - Stephen Bonnar-TKO, Chael Sonnen-TKO, Vitor Belfort-KO, Yushin Okami-TKO, Forrest Griffin-KO, James Irvin-KO, Rich Franklin-TKO and KO, Nate Marquardt-TKO, Chris Leben-KO, Tony Fryklund-KO, Curtis Stout-KO.

There were more, but I think you've got the point. Phone Post

This should've ended this thread Phone Post

This whole thread is stupid. Yes he has ko power. Phone Post

have we seen Silva throw punches with the intent to ko? He punchs to hit not ko. Hendo throws everything he can into a punch every time. A little different to the way silva throws punches.

Even with that said, I think if you ask any fight that has fought silva if silva has a power in his hands, I bet they would say yes. No one has walked through his punches yet

He doesn't have one punch haymaker power. That's one thing that will always be missing in any of his fights, unless someone does it to him.

But I've knocked people out without throwing haymakers, and I'd brag about that, citing my "KO power", so he certainly can !

Accuracy is a far more important attribute, unless you're a designated hitter. I'd love to see him take a chance and throw a bomb. He'd probably look weird doing it the first few times.

IDOHARM -
simonpe - He KO'd Forrest with a jab... Phone Post

That shit was hilarious. Phone Post

This Phone Post

sparkuri - 

He doesn't have one punch haymaker power. That's one thing that will always be missing in any of his fights, unless someone does it to him.

But I've knocked people out without throwing haymakers, and I'd brag about that, citing my "KO power", so he certainly can !

Accuracy is a far more important attribute, unless you're a designated hitter. I'd love to see him take a chance and throw a bomb. He'd probably look weird doing it the first few times.

The only time I've seen him throw a haymaker was against Chael in the 1st fight. It did look very weird, what with his long, skinny arms.

kungfugrip - have we seen Silva throw punches with the intent to ko? He punchs to hit not ko. Hendo throws everything he can into a punch every time. A little different to the way silva throws punches.

Even with that said, I think if you ask any fight that has fought silva if silva has a power in his hands, I bet they would say yes. No one has walked through his punches yet

This is what I find interesting and why I started this thread. He's the only man to stop Leben and Bonner, and Chael mentioned he's never been hit so hard, yet Anderson hardly ever puts people to sleep.

One of the best descriptions of his striking that I've heard is that he steals your soul. It's like he knows how to put just enough power into his strikes to turn you into a quivering mess but not quite enough to actually knock you out, almost as if he wants you to be awake to feel the pain. Scary shit.

He has a naturally long lean physique(beep), and fights perfectly for his shape, someone shaped like Tyson who is stocky, heavily muscled will always throw massive heavy hooks with more power than someone with a lankier frame.

That being said Anderson is still devastatingly powerful. Phone Post

Tad Ghostal - I don't think so. He's never put anyone to sleep with one punch and his only 'one shot KO' was against Tony Frykland with the crazy Ong Bak elbow-uppercut.

Rogan often mentions that you're born with power and if you don't have it there's nothing you can do to gain it. If that's true I think it shows how incredible Anderson's technique and accuracy is, that he can be such a devastating striker with such little raw power.

Is power innate and is Anderson the exception that proves the rule?

He has a Precision, and that my friend is much better than just raw power...  

Also, See Nick Diaz for someone that drops people without extreme power.

Precision, Timing, Distance Control, etc. etc. etc, I'll take those and happily deal with not having "Power"...

BuddyRevell -
CaliKush -  His knees have ko power Phone Post

And elbows.

And feet Phone Post

"I honestly think it's ridiculous when people say this. He didn't "KO" him, Forrest pretty much threw his hands up and said no more after that punch. In no way was he out cold."

Who did Fedor knock out cold other than Glassjawski?

Anderson has great power.

He is an incredible talent and he knows that just because he has great power, that doesn't mean he needs to throw every shot with 80% to 100% power.

Most of his punches are probably in the 30% to 60% range of his power, he TKO's people with ease.

Could you imagine if he actually hit someone with 100% of his power? I doubt he ever has in an MMA fight.