Does anybody really want to see Fedor-Werdum?

Not overly excited for this fight, but Werdum is a pretty good match up for him.

yes

Yes, at least this will make it 4 consecutive top 10 opponents in a row. What more could you ask for?

If you don't think beating Gonzaga, finishing a Vera that came off a decision loss to Sylvia, and beating Antonio Silva (only one defeat before) in 3 of your last 5 isn't worth a little more than what Overeem has done in MMA, then you can't be helped.

Poopyface TomatoNose - Yes, at least this will make it 4 consecutive top 10 opponents in a row. What more could you ask for?

If you don't think beating Gonzaga, finishing a Vera that came off a decision loss to Sylvia, and beating Antonio Silva (only one defeat before) in 3 of your last 5 isn't worth a little more than what Overeem has done in MMA, then you can't be helped.
Overeem has wins over:

~ Hunt
~ Kharitonov
~ Vovchanchyn
~ Belfort (twice)
~ Zentsov
~ Buentello

McSluggaCrackedMySkull -  No not really, but it's better than nothing at all

This.

If Werdum comes in shape, I will watch. He is a threat when he doesn't have a tire.

I'm interested. Werdum has an outside shot of making this competitive due to his size, top game, and improving clinch, but I think Fedor will shrug him off easily if Werdum attempts to wrestle him down. On the feet, he might connect a few times, but Werdum is just outmatched there.

Nevertheless, outmatched or not, Werdum always goes forward and doesn't quit. Kharitonov is the better boxer, but Werdum went forward and got his own shots in and kept it competitive. He ate brutal leg kicks from Gonzaga, but he went forward and eventually clinched and dropped him. Every opponent, no matter who (forget Arlovski, look at Werdum's entire body of work), Werdum will go forward and not quit, and I like that about him. Whether he'll finish or be finished, it should look good on TV.

Nope.

NoPlacebo - Werdum is a good, legit opponent but this fight is just not interesting to me. Fedor should maul him.

Yes.....you are letting THE MIND CONTROLER DANA WHITE take over your brain. IF Werdum was still in the UFC, he would be tabbed as a legit threat and a world class BJJ practitioner. Now that he is out of the UFC he is average at best. Do not let them control your mind. this is a good fight. FEDOR by KO early but still a good fight....sure eats Kongo vs. Whiteheaad. CHILD PLEASE!!!

Lame

not at all.. Werdum has nothing for him and will most likely be knocked out quicker than in the Dos Santos fight

dabigchet - to put this in completely dumb and illogical perspective, the guy that destroyed werdum and sent him packing (and would again if they fought tomorrow) just OPENED what was considered the weakest UFC PPV in recent memory, and is still maybe 4th in line for a title shot in the UFC.

that alone should explain how the level of competition in the UFC is so much higher, and why that's where fedor belongs. i just hope fedor doesn't shatter his hand again, so this third fight can be scheduled and we can get on with it.

fixed.

dos santos' current ranking in the ufc has nothing to do with other fighters who are higher ranked being better than him. he hasn't fought them yet. brock, cain, and mir may be ranked higher, but there's no reason to think dos santos wouldn't beat them. if there is a reason it surely isn't a ranking, which is based on accomplishment, not fighter ability.

^

he isn't one of the top 4 challengers why? there is no good reason. he's the guy i think most deserving of the next shot. but joe silva doesn't make matches based on the basis of actual accomplishments and demonstrated ability. see brock lesnar's title shot.

and werdum has only had two wins and barely squeaked by bigfoot? how about he's only been stopped by one fighter (dos santos who looks like a beast) when he came in seemingly unprepared, and has many huge victories. his only other losses were fairly close decisions to top ranked fighters.

add to that the fact that he's likely the best submission grappler at hw.

again, styles make fights. this isn't some cleanly linear sport. no one is saying he's the only top contender for fedor or the absolute second best in the world (whatever that means). what they're saying is that he's absolutely a top contender with top ten skills who is an interesting matchup for fedor.

werdum could beat brock and many of the other four top challengers in the ufc. i'd take him over mir if they ever fought. he sure stomped gonzaga, who only a short time ago was one of the supposed top contenders in the gold standard ufc.

and again what is this depth argument that determines title shots? explain to me brock's title shot again?

super chin - ^

he isn't one of the top 4 challengers why? there is no good reason. he's the guy i think most deserving of the next shot. but joe silva doesn't make matches based on the basis of actual accomplishments and demonstrated ability. see brock lesnar's title shot.

and werdum has only had two wins and barely squeaked by bigfoot? how about he's only been stopped by one fighter (dos santos who looks like a beast) when he came in seemingly unprepared, and has many huge victories. his only other losses were fairly close decisions to top ranked fighters.

add to that the fact that he's likely the best submission grappler at hw.

again, styles make fights. this isn't some cleanly linear sport. no one is saying he's the only top contender for fedor or the absolute second best in the world (whatever that means). what they're saying is that he's absolutely a top contender with top ten skills who is an interesting matchup for fedor.

werdum could beat brock and many of the other four top challengers in the ufc. i'd take him over mir if they ever fought. he sure stomped gonzaga, who only a short time ago was one of the supposed top contenders in the gold standard ufc.

wouldn't mind it but I expect fedor to win.

fuk no

zero interest

Werdum might surprise people and get a miraculous triangle after getting dropped.  Watch him fuck around and get with Rafael Cordero and master striking good enough to beat Mark Hunt in a stand up fight.  Hell, 5 years from now he could even be UFC Champion.

Amazing bump. Phone Post 3.0