Does anyone watch Bellator anymore?

JimGunn -

I watch every Bellator card as well as quite a bit of other non-UFC MMA. I enjoy the cards for what they are. Some end up being better than others. I like their usual Friday night timeslot and I'm on the East Coast so it's at a good time. Must suck to be a West Coast sports fan with events on in the middle of the damn afternoon.

I live on the west coast and I love how our sports start early.  The bellator time delay is a big part of the reason I don't really watch them.  I actually liked it even better when the UFC was starting the PPV's at 6.  Last night's  NBA game was perfectly timed for me, 6-9.  I work early so there's that.

Yes.

I still watch. The last show was the first Bellator show I missed in quite a while.

Sounds like it was a good one to miss. Phone Post 3.0

Gullivers Travels -
flemingo -
Gullivers Travels -

I was hopeful Coker would take it to another level but the momentum seems to have fizzled out.

It also seems like there's less coverage of them too.

As much as we all (and fighters) hated Rebney, he seemed to have a fire that Coker doesn't, like the CEO of a startup vs a seasoned but somewhat complacent executive.

Even on the east coast, if you miss an event, there doesn't seem to be any replay.  You'd think they would at least play it at an odd hour.  As others have said, the fights themselves haven't been too great either.  Cutting guys like Will Brooks doesn't exactly look good either, especially when we know it's so they can feature a guy that lost to him twice.

I thought will brook's contract finished and he didn't re-sign

True, it did.  But I think they technically released him since Bellator still had exclusive and/or matching rights.

Not true he still had 2 fights left on his contract

I watch virtually all bellator shows. They have decent fights on virtually all their cards(last card was a stinker tho) for anyone who cares to pay attention and not get caught up with anything they do wrong.

their next card is honestly looking great. Galvao vs dantas, Lima vs chidi, Halsey and Honeycutt on the card. Very solid card for those who complain about the freakshows.

and from a business standpoint, they seem to be doing ok. They seem to be selling out more and more non tentpoles(something that bjorn had trouble doing), and overall ratings are up. Coker actually mentioned in an interview that ratings are up 40% and paid attendance is up 80%

some of their non tentpoles are suffering in the ratings department but it could be justified by the fact that spike is in a lot loss homes. They used to be in nearly 100m homes. I read a report recently that they are down to around 88m. Not hard to imagine that their ratings will suffer.

I do. I enjoy seeing regional New England people fight in there occasionally.

Aside from that, they have a few killers:
MVP
Andre Fialho
Hisaki Kato
Koreshkov
McGeary
Daley

Always fun to watch regardless of outcome:
The Pitbull Brothers
Shilling
Manhoef
Rickels

No harder to watch then Spike era UFC. Phone Post 3.0

only when Sakara or Kimbo are fighting

Yes Phone Post 3.0

I used to watch every fight I could watch, Pride, cage warriors, bodog, WEC, elite, affliction, strikeforce etc.
Still watch a little One, WSOF, Bamma or Bellator but selective about which fights I watch (and which I can find online).
Truth is 95% of the best fighters are now in the UFC so I really don't need to look elsewhere Phone Post 3.0

I watch Bellator religiously, but their matchmaking is utter garbage. Every promotion set's up a crush fight every once in a while, but it seems like Bellator spends a lot of time matching up their stars with absolute garbage to get their guys over with the fans.

I only tune in for the freakshow fights

I'm only slightly ashamed of myself for this Phone Post 3.0

duckhuntgangsta - I barely watch MMA anymore Phone Post 3.0

i still watch it when its on but my excitement level is very low..i still get sort of excited for certain fights and fighters but nothing like it used to be...years back watching the interviews with fighters was entertaining but now i end up fast forwarding thru most fights..not sure how it can regain that magic back

ons ear -
duckhuntgangsta - I barely watch MMA anymore Phone Post 3.0

i still watch it when its on but my excitement level is very low..i still get sort of excited for certain fights and fighters but nothing like it used to be...years back watching the interviews with fighters was entertaining but now i end up fast forwarding thru most fights..not sure how it can regain that magic back
Happens to the best of us... I kinda look at like Surfing for me... When I first got into it, I was at beach everyday multiple times a day surfing hours on end, didn't care what the conditions or size was... Then you start to realize it's usually best to hit it at Dawn or sunset and when there's good swell.... Then it changes to only wanting to go out at best spot on best swell in best conditions and being happy if you catch 1 perfect wave compared to 50 scroungy ones. Doesn't mean you love it any less, you just know what your looking for and you search it out! Phone Post 3.0