Does anyone watch Bellator anymore?

Bonnar Tito was real dammit

They do a horrible job at promoting it Phone Post 3.0

I watch every Bellator card as well as quite a bit of other non-UFC MMA. I enjoy the cards for what they are. Some end up being better than others. I like their usual Friday night timeslot and I'm on the East Coast so it's at a good time. Must suck to be a West Coast sports fan with events on in the middle of the damn afternoon.

I watched the Sakara fight. He looked great. I fast forwarded all the resta the card.

flemingo -
Gullivers Travels -

I was hopeful Coker would take it to another level but the momentum seems to have fizzled out.

It also seems like there's less coverage of them too.

As much as we all (and fighters) hated Rebney, he seemed to have a fire that Coker doesn't, like the CEO of a startup vs a seasoned but somewhat complacent executive.

Even on the east coast, if you miss an event, there doesn't seem to be any replay.  You'd think they would at least play it at an odd hour.  As others have said, the fights themselves haven't been too great either.  Cutting guys like Will Brooks doesn't exactly look good either, especially when we know it's so they can feature a guy that lost to him twice.

I thought will brook's contract finished and he didn't re-sign

True, it did.  But I think they technically released him since Bellator still had exclusive and/or matching rights.

I barely watch MMA anymore Phone Post 3.0

yea, when theres a good card on i watch...

i agree, letting askren go was a foul on their part

ender852 - i watch it but i fast forward through a lot of fights

i watch the Davis/Mo and Bendo/Koreshkov fights but the rest are just meh..i dont know who these guys are and dont care..MVP would be fun to watch if he fought decent fighters..

That Mercedes Terrell though. Damn.

But yeah, the fights lately have just been ok at best. Koreshkov was really impressive. Phone Post 3.0

I watch it on mute...I can't stand Jimmy smith but after the last one it'd be hard to watch another one Phone Post 3.0

They're pulling decent numbers

Peak viewership for last 3 Bellators
Bellator 153: Henderson-Koreshkov 1.1M viewers
Bellator 154: Davis-King Mo 1.3M viewers
Bellator 155: Carvahlho-Manhoef 916,000 viewers

ons ear -
ender852 - i watch it but i fast forward through a lot of fights

i watch the Davis/Mo and Bendo/Koreshkov fights but the rest are just meh..i dont know who these guys are and dont care..MVP would be fun to watch if he fought decent fighters..

That can be said for 90% of the UFC roster as well. I think it every UFC show. Don't know who 18 of the 20 fighters on the card are, and don't care. Phone Post 3.0

I watched Melvin Manoef get fucking robbed of the belt last show. Feld bad for the guy. Phone Post 3.0

Bellator is the worst "next best thing" that I have seen. WEC, Strikeforce, shit even EliteXC was better. I only watch when there is a decent fight on, otherwise I delete that shit. They lost all my respect when they pulled that Bonnar/Ortiz masked guy in the cage fake heat garbage. Phone Post 3.0

ippon213 - I watched Melvin Manoef get fucking robbed of the belt last show. Feld bad for the guy. Phone Post 3.0

MMA Officiating needs serious work. AC's have stolen countless money from fighters over bs decisions and reffing.

They need more events or more promotions when there are no events. I forget they're still around in between their 1 every other month events.

Anymore? Never did.

Strikeforce Challengers was actually good and worth watching.

ippon213 - I watched Melvin Manoef get fucking robbed of the belt last show. Feld bad for the guy. Phone Post 3.0
You need to check your eyes then friend. Manhoef food absolutely nothing that fight to warrant a win and especially a title. He didn't more tentative than ever and never opened up. He got the loss he deserved for that shit show. Phone Post 3.0

They are a 2nd tier org, and come across as such. Provided you accept that and know what you're watching, it can be quite enjoyable.

I watch every UFC fight on free TV and 50-60% of the PPV's, and have my DVR set to record Bellator. I almost never watch it live unless someone I know from my area is fighting, or if it's a guy I'm a fan of...typically former UFC guys, or guys like Chandler. I find myself watching most of the Bellator events on the first fast forward option, so I can see what's going on, just much faster.

Letting Brooks go the way they did really bugged me. Instead of trying to sign their champion, they just let him go have a fight coming up between 2 more marketable guys for the belt. I get it, Brooks isn't as exciting as the other guys, and he's going to beat everyone they have, but to just let him go so you can have a more marketable champ makes me care even less about the belt.

I know it's about making $, but they aren't even trying to keep their best guys anymore.