Does Islam destroy Volkanovski or will it be the opposite?

Islam as a -220 favourite, are the oddmakers underestimating Volkanovski’s experience, striking iq and cardio? Or do you guys think Islam wil ragdoll him? Alex makes a good point that with his short stature he will have a lower center of gravity that will help in thwarting takedowns but that Dagestan strength and skill is something else… Either way this fight is exciting as hell.

2 Likes

Volk just continues to surprise me

So I guess I won’t (shouldn’t?) be surprised if he runs through Islam or at least makes it ultra competitive

That said, he’s undersized for LW and Islams a monster (strength wise)

2 Likes

I’m positive Islam won’t destroy him. That is not to say I’m saying Volk wins though. If Islam wins it will be by Decision.

2 Likes

Islam is going to take him down easily and submit him and there’s not a damn thing he can do to stop it.

Also stopped watching video 30 seconds in when the guy called Islam Khabib’s cousin :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Volkanovski might use his speed for a while but will get took down and subd surely.

The size difference is a serious obstacle, but Volkanovski is arguably still underrated and Makhacev’s striking defense is not so good.

Anyone want to make an SN bet? Volk gets finished, I lose. Volk wins or Islam wins by Decision, I win. Preferably will be a poster who is very active, no lurkers

1 Like

He is the least hit fighter in the division you retard

I love Volks, but he has nothing for Islam

3 Likes

Islam via finish, 3rd or 4th round

2 Likes

You’re getting emotional. Maybe his fighting style precludes him from getting hit so much as opposed to his striking defense fundamentals, you fucking retarded cunt.

I would prefer an avi bet

Cunt maybe but no retard

They all are cousins u fking goof

And lol, Islam fighting smaller with no wrestling fighter i can see khabibs influence is working😆

Volk HAS to make Islam fail a few takedowns and expend a bunch of energy in the process. Either staying on the feet or quickly scrambling to get back up to the feet. Only way Volk wins is if he makes Islam not so confident in his takedown ability. That’s going to be insanely difficult.

1 Like

I think Islam wears down after winning the first two round via control, rounds 3 to 5 are won by Volkanovski by being the better overall fighter, landing clean punches and staying on his feet. Volk by decision.

1 Like

Islam takes down MW olympic wrestling champions and Volk almost got subbed by Ortega.

This only ends one way.

2 Likes

I’d love to see a great fight but my heart tells me Islam mauls him

1 Like

Nerds You Are Right GIF by Dropout.tv