does Jon Jones beat Cyril Gane?

Also, I accidentally voted someone down. No idea who it was or what that even means.

Gane has some heavy kicks and he kicks often too, John not only hasnā€™t faced someone this heavy but that kicks like Gane does. Wood watch

Those knee strikes looked brutal too. That jab, kicks and knee strikes and conservative gameplan would give Jon fits IMo, dont know if hed beat him. NEeds more experience though. Thats why IĀ  think he fought the way he fought. HE wanted to go the full 5 for experience. His first 5 rounder right.

Dangerousdoug -

That jab was among the best we've ever seen in MMA - am I wrong? He was the fight from that very first jab. Rozen was shook after that and just fought to survive.

Certainly a sharp jab for a HW, I donā€™t see it as one thatā€™d pose an issue for a fighter at Jones level though, especially if the ref lets him get away with his open hand tacticsĀ 

Yes, via rugby tackle.

It really depends on Jonā€™s mentality going into the fightā€¦and what I mean by that is whether or not he keeps doing this odd ā€œIā€™ll fight your fight at your paceā€ thing heā€™s been doing lately. When the fight ā€œmeans somethingā€ to him, he turns it on and blows guys away. When he thinks guys are beneath him, he coasts and does barely enough to win.

Weā€™ve seen him fight hard when guys push him. The first Gus fight was amazing, and dude showed his heart, and his will to win. You canā€™t break the guy mentally, he just keeps coming. In the Gus rematch, he wanted to silence the doubters who thought Gus was better, so he pushed a little more early, got him down and took him out. In the DC fights, he pushed the pace, and dominated the first one for the decision win, and KOā€™d him next time.

Then he runs into Anthony Smith and does just enough to winā€¦avoids damage, lands more strikes, collects his check and goes home. Then he fights Santosā€¦a world champ muay thai guy who was submitted by Eric Spicely in the UFC, and Jon chooses to stand with himā€¦and fights boring. Same shit with Reyesā€¦Jon has the advantage on the ground, Reyes only path to victory is if Jon boxes him, so he does that.

He looked like he was sparring Reyes early, then when he was obviously losing rounds, turned it on and was clearly the better fighter late.

If Jon were to fight Ngannou, heā€™s not going to fight dumb because he knows he can get stopped with one shot. Same for someone like Lewis. However, I think if he fought a lesser contender like Rozenstruik, heā€™d be lazy and fight the way he did against his last few 205 opponents.