Does Jorge Masvidal have a chance against Gilbert Burns?

I was thinking this might not be the blowout I was initially predicting. Gilbert gets dropped by the left jab in his fights, Jorge is good at masking his punches and catching opponents off guard. We could see Gilbert get hurt this fight

1 Like

Jorge is 39 and hasn’t fought in over a year. Burns is younger and better

Mas had a punchers chance but that’s about it

3 Likes

Gilbert gets hurt and taken down quite a bit, Maia and Khamzat took him down quite easily, Usman and Khamzat were really putting it on him in the striking. His wins are mostly over the hill guys like Neil Magny, Wonderboy, and Maia. I don’t like Jorge’s general stiffness and lack of athleticism but if he has some juice left he can pull something off. I’m still picking Gilbert but we’ll see.

1 Like

Any predictions?

I’d say Jorge has a 5% chance. He can crack anyone, I really doubt we see anything other than Burns absolutely dominating him though. I’d be very surprised by a convincing UD for Masvidal.

1 Like

Zero chance

every single thread he starts ur fist to post 1 minute later

7 Likes

It’s yet another bad matchup for Mas. Strong grappler with great endurance.That’s why I think he believes his own hype to match. His management should’ve insisted on an easier fight.

1 Like

Not “easier” but Jorge and Neal would be fun

Bm5khqcCcAASdnj

Lulz

1 Like

I knew before looking

I think he does. Good boxing with some decent TDD. Burns is the betting favorite for obvious reasons though, and will likely win.

Masdival already talking about retirement…ill take Burns

3 Likes

Gilbert is one of those fighters that wins wins wins then drops down the flagpole. But I also wonder how much Jorge has left in him . Not a coin flip but wouldn’t be shocked to see Mas catch him coming in wild

I mean who has Burns really dropped to? Had a good fight with Usman, had a war with Chimaev, ran thru Magny…he can fight for a title tomorrow

1 Like

He’s just one of those dudes who will never cash it in when the time comes . There’s been a lot of those fighters over the years . Nothing on his talent it just happens

But he only loses to Jorge if he gets silly

2 Likes

Ah yeah I agree with that. Burns is also 36, so its around the time of decline

Hopefully it’s a good fight. I don’t see Jorge getting rolled over. They both have a decent chance to win. I think it goes to decision if Gilbert wins, and if Jorge wins it will be a ko/tko.

1 Like

Masvidal has a much better chance than he is being given simply because people don’t like him (me included). He is a better overall striker and will likely look to kick Burns legs out from under him. Mas also has good takedown defense and we could easily see three rounds of Mas picking him apart on the feet.

I hope none of that happens and Burns knees his head into Bolivia.