Does Nunes Stand a Chance?

Does she need to take Cyborg down in order to win? If she does, how’s her submission game? Do you think it’s good enough?

Can't see this ending well for her but ya never know. 

I foresee ref stoppage.

Depends how many picograms of steroid cyborg has in her system. 

In my humble opinion I would have to say hell no.

But much respect to her for stepping up and challenging herself. I wish more fighters would nut up and do the same.

Its possible. She will eat knees on the shot but if can get through those and put her down, and then relentless pressure she could do it.

Probably not

She has a snowball's chance in a Brazilian summer.

I can't see it. I think Cyborg will be closing the gap mauling her against the fence and getting the takedowns. Cybore can go the distance but i doubt Nunes can with the pressure Cyborg brings. Nunes best chance is keeping distance with long range accurate strikes.

Cyborg is stronger and evidently has more cardio.

How is Cyborg’s chin? Has she ever been cracked good?

MFS_OL_SKOOL -

She can win a decision or catch a sub, but most likely The Cris defends.

No way she wins a decision. The only reason she went 5 rounds with Valentina was that the Bullet didn’t put constant pressure on her like Cyborg will. The only way Amanda wins is by landing a good shot and following it up with a flurry.

PelosiesPanties -
jpm995 -

I can't see it. I think Cyborg will be closing the gap mauling her against the fence and getting the takedowns. Cybore can go the distance but i doubt Nunes can with the pressure Cyborg brings. Nunes best chance is keeping distance with long range accurate strikes.

And yet Nunes is not that accurate lately with her hands. 

You may be right. She was pinpoint against Ronda when she crushed her but Ronda was taylor made for her. She has a really long reach and the only way i see her successful is like Buster Douglas did against Tyson. Jab to keep distance, overhand right to keep respect. If it gets in close i just think Cyborgs too strong. I also see Cyborg pushing through duress better.

Cyborg’s pre-fight days must be really awful and the weightcut will definitely be difficult. So, who knows? 

First, she torn her ankle (likely, won’t be able to run to lose weight). Amanda can exploit that with her vicious low kicks.

Then, the change in the location.

Under ideal circumstances, Cyborg crushes Amanda, but a miserable weightcut AND an ankle injury may affect her performance.

I guess I'm alone in thinking Nunes has a really good chance here. I've thought for many years that Nunes was the only fighter who had a good chance of taking out Cyborg. Nunes has the power to end this fight in the first couple rounds. I personally think Cyborg isn't the same agressive killer that she was a couple years back. She picks her spots now and doesn't look to finish unless it's on a silver platter. I think this actually works against her.

This is the best matchup in WMMA history and I can't fucking wait. This is from someone who usually skips past most WMMA fights. I'm more excited for this than Jones vs Gustaffson, by far.

What’s Nunes known for? What’s her speciality? Is there an area where she can dominate this fight? I don’t see one but some of you guys have followed WMMA a more in-depth than I have.

You are all forgetting, Cyborg is not a young man anymore. Father time will eventually catch up to him.

PreachinJosh -

What’s Nunes known for? What’s her speciality? Is there an area where she can dominate this fight? I don’t see one but some of you guys have followed WMMA a more in-depth than I have.

She's known for being the hardest puncher in WMMA. Punch for punch, I think she hits harder than Cyborg. She's definitely the biggest puncher and best MMA fighter that Cyborg has ever been in there with. I don't think anyone is arguing that Nunes will dominate in any area in the fight. The arugment is she has the power and skill to actually have a chance. If Cyborg is super tentative, which she might be, Nunes might even win a decision.

Cyborg is naturally bigger, so she is rightfully the favorite. I think this is a 60/40 kind of situation though. If Nunes gets blown out, I'll eat crow.

she's more skilled than cyborg. but cyborg is a massive roided up savage. I don't think the skilled level is enough to bridge those roided up gaps.

Anyone who hits as hard as her definitely has a chance.

So Nunes definitely has a puncher’s chance, is that accurate to say?

I think Nunes has a good chance. Look how she dominated Ronda and Meisha. Her striking is really accurate. Not saying she will win, but I think it will be a much closer fight than people think.