DOH! $32 million lawsuit against UFC Pirate

But fightfan1976, piracy is fucking illegal!!!!!!! GREY AREAS DO NOT EXIST IN THE LAW IN WHICH MAN HAS CREATED, YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!

I wish Zuffa and The UFC all the best with this and all future litigations.

Hearing about this stuff has become more interesting than sitting through a night of boring, watered down fights.

Letibleu -
WithoutSpoilersdotCom - jesus... check out all this stuff he uploaded

http://yuq.me/users/18/896/EBFemY5Itz.png

HOLY SHIT he looks almost like Anderson Silva!

Really dude Phone Post 3.0

$32m? It'll be interesting to hear Dana's response when the guy kills himself.

Even a huge civil judgement won't necessarily ruin your life, especially when you have next to no assets.

How does it work in the US? Are employers required to look into that stuff as part of their payroll obligations? If not, that means that they'd have to track Secludely down every time he switches jobs.

Does it carry over from one state to another?

Can he declare bankruptcy?

I know from firsthand experience that even a small judgement is hard to collect. Instead of putting a lien on dude's car, I should've taken a bar to it and skipped the courts. Phone Post 3.0

*bat Phone Post 3.0

So you wanna be a pirate?

JOESONDO - 
StrikingMMA - 
pattitude - 
Kirik - 
TzTinkle - Soon as you start accepting money for pirated shit your ass will eventually get caught. What is Zuffa gonna take from the guy? His Star Wars collection and 1992 Civic?

They will garnish his wages until the end of time.

Unlikely that his wages will be directly garnisheed. He'll be fined an exorbitant amount and his lawyers will settle for something reasonable plus public service.

End of time?! Not happening.

Stop scare-mongering, Kirik!

Makes sense.

Kirik has been sued for a vast sum for hosting animated gifs. He settled for community service which includes scare mongering.

VTFU

So many legal professionals on the UG. Phone Post 3.0

Let me bang bro - 

wownder what hes ug acccount sn is

RJJH

fightfan1976 -

wow..... big move Zuffa the man going after the poor guy again. if they take these people's home i will not only continue my boycott but also do everything in my human power to hurt this companies business. this is corporate greed at its finest and dana being cool with this erases all of the generous good things he has done.

lol u mad bro Phone Post 3.0

About a year ago I trademarked the term "you're an egg!". I'm going to sue Dana for 987 Quadrillion dollars, and 18 cents.

I'm going after that mother fuka hard! Nobody steals my lines and gets away with it!

I always figured that Dana would have had someone on payroll create the best pirating site for his own events so that he'd get his share of the black market money too.

then identify a scapegoat and shut it down publicly with a vengeance while his next black market operation picked up the slack

fightfan1976 -

wow..... big move Zuffa the man going after the poor guy again. if they take these people's home i will not only continue my boycott but also do everything in my human power to hurt this companies business. this is corporate greed at its finest and dana being cool with this erases all of the generous good things he has done.

If that is truly your opinion you have some issues. Phone Post 3.0

If that kid that Zuffa is suing didn't upload UFC 141 to Piratebay, Dana & Lorenzo would have the Mayweather-like $32M today to pay Cain Velasquez for his next title defense.

32 million? jesus christ, way to destroy a kids future and ruin his whole family over sharing the sport after the event.

Some serious out of touch people with a tonne of money sitting around coming up with that figure and thinking its in any way reasonable or moral.
What theyre doing is far worse than what he did in my opinion.

BackOffWarchild -

Damn. Secludedly was one of the fastest uploaders with high-quality content.

pours out a little IBC root beer for a homie

Not that you ever used him though, right? Haha Phone Post 3.0

HarryPalms - 32 million? jesus christ, way to destroy a kids future and ruin his whole family over sharing the sport after the event.

Some serious out of touch people with a tonne of money sitting around coming up with that figure and thinking its in any way reasonable or moral.
What theyre doing is far worse than what he did in my opinion.

a 27 year old internet pirate living with his parents.  Yes, his bright future is definitely ruined.  And he was this close to completing his new years resolution of getting a job as a pizza delivery boy.

Herring In A Fur Coat - 

"This Staten Island tech geek"

You'd think a "tech geek" would cover his tracks a little better.

this

mmainsurgent - If that kid that Zuffa is suing didn't upload UFC 141 to Piratebay, Dana & Lorenzo would have the Mayweather-like $32M today to pay Cain Velasquez for his next title defense.
This guys reading comprehension. Just fantastic.

"A NUMBER WITH UFC NEXT TO IT? MUST BE TALKING ABOUT THE EVENT! SMARTASS POST TIME!" Phone Post 3.0