DOH! $32 million lawsuit against UFC Pirate

WithoutSpoilersdotCom - 
pilkie01 - What are they gonna take from the guy?
Probably just his financial future. Maybe some of his freedoms like the right to spend the money he earns on whatever he wants for the rest of his life. Bet he no longer gives a shit about the results of the next ppv in light of his new problems. Phone Post 3.0

couldnt he just file for bankcruptcy?

He could, but that would be welching.

DrBoogerLips -
Riddlius - 
TzTinkle - Soon as you start accepting money for pirated shit your ass will eventually get caught. What is Zuffa gonna take from the guy? His Star Wars collection and 1992 Civic?

Its all about "shock and awe", they know they aren't getting anywhere near 32 million.

Agree.  They are setting a precedent for the future.  They KNOW they won't see the money, they just want to scare the shit out of any potential piraters.  

Depending on the judgement, This kid will have a lien on his income until the day he dies! Phone Post 3.0

http://i.imgur.com/u5iE0k5.gif Phone Post 3.0

Erik Tracey - http://i.imgur.com/u5iE0k5.gif Phone Post 3.0

Lol, nice

Farthammer - 
WithoutSpoilersdotCom - 
pilkie01 - What are they gonna take from the guy?
Probably just his financial future. Maybe some of his freedoms like the right to spend the money he earns on whatever he wants for the rest of his life. Bet he no longer gives a shit about the results of the next ppv in light of his new problems. Phone Post 3.0

couldnt he just file for bankcruptcy?

He could, but that would be welching.

You saying Authority Figure did this?

The could sue for 32 BILLION, win, and people will STILL stream. Phone Post 3.0

Hopefully he can settle out of court for 20 million.

TzTinkle - Soon as you start accepting money for pirated shit your ass will eventually get caught. What is Zuffa gonna take from the guy? His Star Wars collection and 1992 Civic?

They will garnish his wages until the end of time.

Kirik -

They'll get sweet fa. They may get a judgement, but collecting is another story. Phone Post 3.0

ieswideopen - 
Kirik -

They'll get sweet fa. They may get a judgement, but collecting is another story. Phone Post 3.0

They can garnish his wages and the state will force his employer to take money from his checks.

His best bet would be to start his own company and work for himself. Then only pay himself the minimal he needs to get buy and keep everything in a companies name. Sort of like Jordan Belfort did in CA after he got busted.

Let me bang bro -
smth416 - 
Let me bang bro -

wownder what hes ug acccount sn is

Bobby Lupo? Phone Post 3.0

was thanking belator fan

Goddamn man your spelling! Phone Post 3.0

Kirik - 

Unlikely that his wages will be directly garnisheed. He'll be fined an exorbitant amount and his lawyers will settle for something reasonable plus public service.

End of time?! Not happening.

Stop scare-mongering, Kirik!

StrikingMMA - 
pattitude - 
Kirik - 

Unlikely that his wages will be directly garnisheed. He'll be fined an exorbitant amount and his lawyers will settle for something reasonable plus public service.

End of time?! Not happening.

Stop scare-mongering, Kirik!

Makes sense.

Kirik has been sued for a vast sum for hosting animated gifs. He settled for community service which includes scare mongering.

That douche deserved it. It's one thing to watch a shitty ass rip on your PC at 240p in shit ass quality and a whole other thing to have people pay a fraction of the cost to watch it in HD. Fucker was probably making bank.

Nowadays, I watch it at a buddies place and we all chip in. It works out to 10bucks a head and a good time among friends. As long as Dana isn't going to make that illegal I am golden. Phone Post 3.0

WithoutSpoilersdotCom - jesus... check out all this stuff he uploaded

http://yuq.me/users/18/896/EBFemY5Itz.png

HOLY SHIT he looks almost like Anderson Silva!

cleetdog101 - The could sue for 32 BILLION, win, and people will STILL stream. Phone Post 3.0
Wonder if this campaign against pirates is worth it to Zuffa. Ppvs havent been going up since it started, so either it doesnt have any detrimental effect or they are turning them away from the sport completely it seems. Phone Post 3.0

Stea1th - Should move to a new country Phone Post 3.0

This.

Deserves it. I can almost get behind an upload the next day for people that missed it, but this fool wanted the UFC's profits for himself.

He was trying to replace the UFC's online stream with his own and make money while doing it.

Fucking stupid. That isn't a pirate. Phone Post

wow..... big move Zuffa the man going after the poor guy again. if they take these people's home i will not only continue my boycott but also do everything in my human power to hurt this companies business. this is corporate greed at its finest and dana being cool with this erases all of the generous good things he has done.

lol, his were always the best quality