Don Frye & Dan Severn talk about who would've won if Royce Gracie had fought Tank Abbott in the UFC?

Moden rules.

When I think about who would win between Royce and Tank. I would say with the gi, Royce. Without the gi, Tank probably.

Without the GI, Royce would be forced to wrestle with Tank and being topless would seriously limit Royce’s choice of subs.

An untrained Kimo almost beat Royce and probably should have just because he was a big, strong fucker. When he had Royce’s back he could have beat his head in but for some crazy reason decided to try to grapple with him.

Once again, youre expecting Tank to do what he’s never done against Royce who nobody had ever done that to. You dont even see how ridiculous you sound.

1 Like

Untrained? You’ve already started telling lies. Smh. He wrestled in high school and was a NJCAA all americna wfootball player You guys dont even check facts and just make shit up for no reason.

Almost…should have…BUT HE DIDNT! Youre so lost that youve resorted to “should have won”. Using you big strong guy logic, Royce should have lost wvery foght he had…BUT HE DIDNT!

If only these guys would listen to a real fighter like ypu. They’d all be undefeated champions like you, right?:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Lets take a look at this scary dangerous version of Tank. The fight was only 43 seconds so not sure why you think that was his best conditioning ever. You seem to be going off of memory for a lot of these fights and imagining things that didnt happen. Lets take a look at the fight and you explain what Tank showed that convinced you this was a scady opponenent in any generation. He got pushed into the fence, taken down quickly, had back taken and if not for a mistake by Hugo then he wouldnt have won in that fashion. He showed no standup punching offense at all,but you think he would be scary to fighters in every era? Lol!

1 Like

If Kimo wouldn’t have lugged that cross to the octagon, who knows what effect that would have played.

If Kimo wouldnt have jerked off that morning and had pancakes instead of waffles for breakfast, who knows what effect that would have played.

It’s easy to play Monday morning quarterback on a fight 30 years and 270 UFC’s later. You could also say if Royce would have pulled guard immediately he would have saved a lot of energy and finished the fight much sooner.

Royce doesn’t beat

Tank Abbott
Dan Severn
Mark Coleman
Ken shamrock
Bas

In 1996

MR. combatively

Not that Kimo wasn’t a tough guy but he was not an All American in wrestling. He played college football and was either All State (CA jucos) or an All American, depending on who he played for. He did wrestle in Hawaii while in high school, but I have no idea how good at it he was or was not. Also wrestling in Hawaii was and is not exactly high level. Only a very few have ever done anything in college or beyond. This of course takes nothing away from the fact he is/was very naturally talented and very tough.

1 Like

lol

True. Royce didnt fight in 1996 at all so of course he wouldnt beat anyone. :+1:t5:

Hmm

why that post deleted’

I misread what he said :person_shrugging:t5:

was he an AA in wrestling ?

Yes. He was a 3 time all american at ohio state.

Some of those guys were fucking roided out of their minds. And I think Bas is the easiest win for Royce. Once it goes to the ground Bas isn’t getting back up.

1 Like

coleman and randleman

No Gracie. So Gordeau would have won.