Don Frye on JRE!

joerogan

Verified

An honor and a privilege to sit down with one of the true pioneers of MMA, the great and powerful @donthepredatorfrye! Episode drops Tuesday on @spotifypodcasts

6 Likes

I might actually listen to this one.

2 Likes

It’s Tuesday

Waiting GIF

1 Like

Awesome. Been looking forward to him on there for almost a decade.

Woke up on a gurney today so this is especially welcome news!

3 Likes

Do tell. Are you ok?

Damn,Don`s head is huge in that picture.

3 Likes

Thanks Man for asking I’m a bit of a mess and medical puzzle for the doctors at the moment. It’s the 3rd time I’ve been hospitalized this year with what they are calling a rare genetic condition. They don’t know shit for certain and just that my levels like measures like kidney function and muscle proteins are off the charts. Only gets stabilized in the care in a vacuum when it goes off like this.

Suffer from weakness that gets so bad it prevents me from lifting a muscle without excruciating pain. The day before the hospital I slept 22 out of 24 hours and slept through work, alarms, everything etc…

Global and political climate is such a mess I need our legends like Mr Frye for inspiration through this unknown.

16 Likes

that sounds awful, good luck dude

4 Likes

Itll be released around 1pm

1 Like

that’s rough man, sending you best wishes

1 Like

Your challenge is so in my thoughts.

2 Likes

Jesus. Sounds awful. Hope you recover.

It’s probably not the same thing, but I had episodes of that kind of thing before and found It was linked to some medication I was taking. But I am sure your doctors are checking you for all possibilities.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot fellas for the well wishes.

I got a lot of inspiration from Anderson too especially this weekend because he not only achieved greatness, but had to overcame a gruesome injury himself. Then he didn’t stop there even after everything AND being an old 46 yr old combat athlete he schooled a young primed fighter like Chavez in a different discipline at their own game. Those are the things that make our sport and its athletes the greatest and with no equal.

I’d love to see Anderson on JRE too with a good translator with them.

5 Likes

All the best bro. Anderson beating Chavez is a great sports moment, given everything he had to overcome and his recent career trajectory, given how dominant and special he was in his prime. Everyone was counting him out, myself included, but I watched live out of respect and with hope that he could make it interesting and it was amazing to watch.

1 Like

Thanks braddas. This community means a lot to me and the history/future of our sport.

I couldn’t watch Anderson this weekend live but I was with him in spirit. I did get to watch some of the other fights and they are strange fight nights watching at a Hospital bed.

1 Like

Don sounds rough but he’s still a tough sob!

2 Likes

Predators predictions was the best pre-fight show ever. Whiskey, cabin setting with hunting and a lovely woman around. MY FAV.

5 Likes

What happened to his podcast with Dan Severn.Is that still going?

The “Dear Don” was a good thing also.

5 Likes

Fuck, it’s about time.

1 Like

I remember that. Yeah was a good production.

1 Like