Douglas Crosby, the piece of Sh*t crooked judge ..

I have had the fortunate opportunity to have talked to Douglas on more than one occasion.

I can tell you that although some may disagree with his Penn- Edgar scoring (me included), I will vouch that he absolutely knows what he's doing.

If you guys are looking for a true judging conspiracy look at Guida - Hioka fight, I guarantee that there was a judge (or two) on that panel that knew Clay personally.

Chicago guy fighting in his own hometown that literally steals a decision.

That fight has written corruption written all over it. Phone Post 3.0

frank said crosby helped him get some acting jobs and stunt work

but i still think hes a shitty judge

Dr Doom - 
DoomFarmer - He still was the only judge to get the Masvidal/Laquinta fight correct.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

As much as I agree that Masvidal did win 30-27, we can't be sure that this piece of shit had that score for the right reasons.

Also, Iaquinta 29-28 isn't even in the same league of terrible decisions that Edgar 50-45 is.

I'm a huge Edgar fan, thought he clearly won the second BJ fight, thought he won the second Maynard Draw (although that depends on how your scored the first round), thought he clearly won the second Bendo fight and hell, I even thought he COULD've won the first Bendo fight depending on how you scored it, although I had Bendo winning that one...

But in no way in hell did Edgar beat Penn the first time. Especially didn't beat Penn every single round lol That decision was a real fucked up travesty

1 Like

ranier wolfcastle - 

frank said crosby helped him get some acting jobs and stunt work

but i still think hes a shitty judge

Who the fuck is Frank, bro?

The devil???

my god...he really does think hes a genius with his word salads...

im surprised chael didnt just hang up on his stupid ass

and lmao@doovry

GJdeux - I know this will fall in deaf ears cause of the iq if this place, but does anyone realize that a 10-9 round can be at both ends of the spectrum? It can signify a very very close round or a clearly defined round. I get a kick out oh the reaction to score cards by the dummies. Phone Post 3.0

What's your point? Not really new or exciting news and I'd still say Crosby has dumb fuck decisions keeping that in mind lol

If anything, i think one of the biggest problems in MMA is they're too gunshy to use 10-8/10-7 rounds and 10-10 rounds, instead doing what you're describing which causes dumb fuck decisions.

Good example being Rampage Machida -- where Rampage SHOULD've won by the fucked up scoring metric since he barely eked out two 10-9s that should've been 10-10s, and so the one round where any real damage gets done, round 3 by Machida, a 10-9 isn't sufficient to win the fight.

The fucked up thing is the unified rules state 10-7, 10-8 and 10-10s exist, so why do we basically never see them? If Edgar-Maynard 2 Rd1 wasn't a 10-7, nothing in this world will EVER be a 10-7. And 10-10s are like unicorns themselves. But the AC doesn't even want to try to rectify or unify scoring standards, it's like the defense argument...

Did you guys know the AC changed the rules to make defense NOT WORTH ANY POINTS a few years ago? lol You're not supposed to score positively if a fighter shows defense, dodges a punch, does matrix shit, stuffs takedowns...etc Since "defence is supposed to be its own reward" as they put it. This actually explains why they tend to favor dramatic looping shit strikers like Garcia or TD spammers who just get stuffed all day

Lotsa problems with the AC, even more with individual shitty judges tho lol

byron2001 - Absolute waste of space..

I think he's just a sack of shit who happened to be in the right place/time for the judging gig. The way he was going on sounded like he suffered from some form of aspergers.. They literally can keep going on and on about nothing and think they're entertaining.

The sad thing is, he generally thinks he's important and special.

He may not've even thought he ruined Chael's interview, aspys have no idea and are generally used to people getting frustrated with them.

I hope Dana takes note and removes him from future shows.

As someone who actually is on the autism spectrum, I have to tell you that your diagnosis skills are for shit.

Shall I go on and on about it?

MattyECB -
GJdeux - I know this will fall in deaf ears cause of the iq if this place, but does anyone realize that a 10-9 round can be at both ends of the spectrum? It can signify a very very close round or a clearly defined round. I get a kick out oh the reaction to score cards by the dummies. Phone Post 3.0

What's your point? Not really new or exciting news and I'd still say Crosby has dumb fuck decisions keeping that in mind lol

If anything, i think one of the biggest problems in MMA is they're too gunshy to use 10-8/10-7 rounds and 10-10 rounds, instead doing what you're describing which causes dumb fuck decisions.

Good example being Rampage Machida -- where Rampage SHOULD've won by the fucked up scoring metric since he barely eked out two 10-9s that should've been 10-10s, and so the one round where any real damage gets done, round 3 by Machida, a 10-9 isn't sufficient to win the fight.

The fucked up thing is the unified rules state 10-7, 10-8 and 10-10s exist, so why do we basically never see them? If Edgar-Maynard 2 Rd1 wasn't a 10-7, nothing in this world will EVER be a 10-7. And 10-10s are like unicorns themselves. But the AC doesn't even want to try to rectify or unify scoring standards, it's like the defense argument...

Did you guys know the AC changed the rules to make defense NOT WORTH ANY POINTS a few years ago? lol You're not supposed to score positively if a fighter shows defense, dodges a punch, does matrix shit, stuffs takedowns...etc Since "defence is supposed to be its own reward" as they put it. This actually explains why they tend to favor dramatic looping shit strikers like Garcia or TD spammers who just get stuffed all day

Excellent post. Phone Post 3.0

What an oblivious, awkward, sociopathic piece of shit that guy is.

That is what I was thinking when I listened to the podcast. Come on here and see I'm not the only one.

Judging is one of the most problematic elements today in MMA, forget about missing weight, referee screw ups, injuries, etc. Those bad judgement calls, those are what happens more often thanany of the issues listed, and are the most damaging to the sport as they diminish the credibitly of the sport.

And listening to this asshole type on the podcast, didn't make me feel better about it.

MattyECB - 

Informative, concise, and on point.

MattyECB -

Vtfu Phone Post 3.0

Ummmm... Guys, that was a work. Phone Post 3.0

Crosby was behaving like a spoiled 8 yr old little bastard. Its just a breathtaking lack of integrity or character. And, like Cersie, i think he is half as smart as he thinks he is. Phone Post 3.0

glock4life - Ummmm... Guys, that was a work. Phone Post 3.0
Get the fuck outta here? Really? What are you basing this on.? i dont think opinion counts. Phone Post 3.0

BubblesNS -
glock4life - Ummmm... Guys, that was a work. Phone Post 3.0
Get the fuck outta here? Really? What are you basing this on.? i dont think opinion counts. Phone Post 3.0
See my post earlier in the thread. Phone Post 3.0

MattyECB - 

Very well said, and great example in machida vs rampage. The only significant moment of the fight was in the third round when machida rocked rampage, mounted him, and attempted to armbar him ... yet machida lost the fight because the judges didn't award scores to distinguish between the dominance of the first two rounds and the third. One, if not both of the first two rounds, were probably 10-10 rounds, since neither guy established dominance, and the last round should've been a 10-8 for machida. Instead, we got two judges giving the first two rounds to rampage 10-9 because they felt a need to give it to some one, basically forbidding machida from winning the fight unless he stopped him or got a 10-7 third, even though anyone watching the fight would've thought it was completely even going into the third. The first two rounds were so close that it was basically just luck that they didnt give them 10-9, making him the 30-27 winner, instead of the 29-28 loser. We deifinitely get some wonky decisions because of the refusal to use anything but 10-9's.

TTT Phone Post 3.0

Fuck this guy! He had no intentions of scoring BJ to win his first with Edgar. Phone Post 3.0

Doug Crosby was the only judge to get the Masvidal fight RIGHT and yet this somehow turned from discussing Jorge being robbed even though EVERYONE thought he won (except Al, Ray and Matt) to people crusifing Crosby for being a bad judge. Well if this is about bad judging then let's look at Doug's record for the last few years and we can debate that.

How many fights do you think he got wrong?

http://www.mmadecisions.com/judge/39/Douglas-Crosby