DW: Good job for you you made a s***load of money

I like how fucking Dana tries to push all the blame off on Jones. I see it as equal parts to blame. Fuck Dana White.

JeffersonDArcyChoke - Fuck Machida for not taking it.

Lyoto didn't "want" it?

Ok.

I don't want to pay to see him fight when he does.

He was already in shape, he is going to lose again, just get it done with.

Lyoto deserves heat too. Phone Post

Machida was already on a plane to brazil when he got the call. Fuck you Phone Post

Viet Rounder - All I know is if this had happened in Pride, they could have easily used one of the seven fights on the card to main event. The moral of the story is make your card stack to begin with and this wouldn't be a problem.

Can't do that with the over saturation going on Phone Post

Can someone explain to me why Jones shouldnt have turned down Sonnen? When was the last time Sonnen even fought at 205 let alone win a fight there? Just because he talks a lot doesnt mean he should have a shot at the the title. Yea he fought for the MW title twice but was finished in both. He was scheduled to fight a middle of the road fighter in Forest and then all of a sudden hes supposed to fill in for a title shot? Fuck that. Theres plenty of fighters they could choose from that have actually progressed in the division.

Dougie has the right idea.

Joe Lauzon, Twitter
Not only has this screwed over all the fans that bought tickets, non refundable airfare, took off work, made arrangements, etc... but think of all the fighters. Fighters that put in full camps, flew people in that helped them trains, etc. By the time I am actually fight, I spend close to 20k between corners, flights, expenses, coaches, etc... and then to have the whole show cancelled because ONE guy didn't want to fight. This ONE guy that had trained an entire camp, who was the CHAMP and at the top of his weight class, who was going to fight someone who didn't do the camp, and was fighting UP a weight class.

I have always been a big Jon Jones supporter... but I would be FURIOUS if this happenned to me and I was on the card. To call is scorched earth wouldn't do it justice."

NotFromHere - Dana was prepared. He offered up a sacrificial lamb in Sonnen and Jones was too selfish to fight.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phone Post

Lyoto didn't "want" it?

Ok.

Lyoto could possibly not have been training during this time to see who to prepare for. I can understand not wanting to jump in early for the shot you didn't intend on having for a while; especially if you're confident you can pull it off. In shape == fight ready Phone Post

Furyan -

Lyoto didn't "want" it?

Ok.

Lyoto could possibly not have been training during this time to see who to prepare for. I can understand not wanting to jump in early for the shot you didn't intend on having for a while; especially if you're confident you can pull it off. In shape == fight ready Phone Post

So machida wasn't ready but Chael was? Haha ok. That's funny considering chael was getting ready for Forrest...who is nothing like JBJ. But he's still willing to take the fight. Machida does deserve some heat for this too. Phone Post

Bottomline is you can't blame Jones, Machida, Sonnen, or any other fighter for switching gears at the last minute. They are just doing their job and looking out for their benefit and future prospect. It's Dana and the UFC's job to have a back-up plan. And 'NO' I don't consider them offering a different opponent at the last minute to be doing their part. This shit should have been pre-planned long before so the fighters know who would be a back up fight if shit went down.

"You're either a fighter or your not.
Good job for you that you made a shit load of money, but what about all the guys on the undercard that need to feed their families?"

OR you could take the money out of your endless money pit and pay the fighters their purse anyway, if you REALLY cared.

I certainly ain't no Dana fanboy, and I really hate how his overinflated ego has hindered the sport on so many occasions, but I'm behind him on this one, and I actually like his totally direct and insulting stance on this one to get a solution!

If Dana wants to save the card, he should fight Jones. That would probably be the biggest PPV to date.

NotFromHere - Dana was prepared. He offered up a sacrificial lamb in Sonnen and Jones was too selfish to fight.

True Phone Post

Kidd597 - Can't be mad at jbj..,he is a fighter not the president of the UFC.... Dana should be mad at himself for not having a back up plan in case any of the fights can't happen...,a show should never be cancelled..... Phone Post

Bullcrap he is the champ pound for pound best, he trained, he's not the underdog, he wasn't asked to come in short notice. Hell Sonnen is willing to fight up a weight class give me a break so many other fighters are now screwed not to mention fans so excuse me if I do not think JBJ isn't a puss for not accepting an offer that should be no sweat for a champ Phone Post

I would sit Jones for a long long time. Possible upwards of a year. In all honesty how much would Chael have given him?

RLL -  

u can send my check to PO box 198. EH NJ. Rent is due the first, so preferably by then. Thanks.

That is terrible. Hope Jones lets it sink in. Phone Post

Jackson said that to fight someone of Sonnen's caliber, you "need to have a full training camp. That would seem smart to me. Fighting on three days notice isn't taking (the sport) seriously to me." He added that the decision wasn't solely his, but that Jones' entire team met and discussed whether to take the Sonnen fight on short notice

so what the fuck was jones training for these past weeks.. a fucking bake off?

dana is making a big deal about fighters not being businessmen. dana, you're right. they are not. you are supposed to be the businessman. so if you make a poor business decision by having a weak card that can't sustain moving a co-main event to a main event and have enough depth to sustain not canceling the event, who is it that you should blame? the fighter? or the businessman?

you say you've never seen a top fighter turn down a fight on short notice. yet you cut fighters if they lose.

honestly, dana is making me sick with all this crap. stfu, and schedule your cards deep enough they can sustain losing the main fight. and stop blaming fighters and trainers for your decisions.

and chael. of course chael is going to go for the fight. he was made irrelevant after a bunch of trash talk. now with one stroke he can become relevant again? of course he will.

a bunch of idiocy.

Machida didn't take it because he hadn't been contacted directly. On a plane going to somewhere remote in Brazil to visit family, his management wasn't committing him without talking to him, from what I read. UFC did not have time to wait another day to find out.