DW: Good job for you you made a s***load of money

NotFromHere - Dana was prepared. He offered up a sacrificial lamb in Sonnen and Jones was too selfish to fight.

. Phone Post

chew22 - dana is making a big deal about fighters not being businessmen. dana, you're right. they are not. you are supposed to be the businessman. so if you make a poor business decision by having a weak card that can't sustain moving a co-main event to a main event and have enough depth to sustain not canceling the event, who is it that you should blame? the fighter? or the businessman?

you say you've never seen a top fighter turn down a fight on short notice. yet you cut fighters if they lose.

honestly, dana is making me sick with all this crap. stfu, and schedule your cards deep enough they can sustain losing the main fight. and stop blaming fighters and trainers for your decisions.

and chael. of course chael is going to go for the fight. he was made irrelevant after a bunch of trash talk. now with one stroke he can become relevant again? of course he will.

a bunch of idiocy.

Bones should do an interview were he apologies to the fans that his opponent backed out and left them all hanging, and his bosses inability to manage the business caused the show to be cancelled...

... and that he hopes to defend his title again soon as soon as his boss and the company get there shit together!

LOL

That would be freakin boss!

LOL

Fugazi - 
YHTOMIT2001 - 
Fugazi - What is so difficult about planning ahead of time for an agreed upon replacement in case of injury?

I'm not talking every fight, just the headliners or even just the championship fights. Have a contingency plan instead of these last minute mad scrambles.

Like replacement opponents? Like machida and sonnen? Phone Post

No, not some spur of the moment, "hey, how about fighting this guy now for your belt?"...instead have them agree when the fight is originally signed that Fighter X will be the replacement in case of shit like this...hell, maybe even have 2 possible already agreed upon replacement possibilties.

will the guys named get cash for being ready,will they get the same pay as the fighter they replaced?

Fugazi -
YHTOMIT2001 - 
Fugazi - What is so difficult about planning ahead of time for an agreed upon replacement in case of injury?

I'm not talking every fight, just the headliners or even just the championship fights. Have a contingency plan instead of these last minute mad scrambles.

Like replacement opponents? Like machida and sonnen? Phone Post

No, not some spur of the moment, "hey, how about fighting this guy now for your belt?"...instead have them agree when the fight is originally signed that Fighter X will be the replacement in case of shit like this...hell, maybe even have 2 possible already agreed upon replacement possibilties.

Exactly what I was thinking. You'd think after all of the injury trouble they would have something more solid in place.

I kind of liked the idea of the all HW card in this respect. Having many fights in the same weight class on the same card would make it pretty simple to have guys step up and others to do the same and take their place. Resulting in at the most one undercard fight being cut. Phone Post

As well as giving everyone ample time to train, if not completely specialized to the new fighter they will be facing depending on the time frame. At least there would be the benefit of already being in shape and starting to cut. Phone Post

I hate when Greg Jackson acts like he is "just a coach I don't know about that other stuff" OTHER STUFF you mean promoting come on Greg you made a choice fine, but don't get up and act like you had no idea that this card was going to falter without Jones you have been in this damn game a long time who the hell is going to believe you had no idea what your "advice" will do. Make your choice but don't act like your ignorant if you were a well rounded coach you would have realized what this choice will do to your fighters rep and if you don't consider that well shame on you the fans are a big part of why jones is where he is fans=money don't screw with the fans Phone Post

Jason -
Kidd597 -  Can't be mad at jbj..,he is a fighter not the president of the UFC.... Dana should be mad at himself for not having a back up plan in case any of the fights can't happen...,a show should never be cancelled..... Phone Post

he had two backup plans, machida didnt want it and jones didnt want sonnen. Does he need 3+ backup plans!?

This....

Dana knows what he's doing! He just can't account for fighters not wanting to fight... Phone Post

I always knew, when Jones was on his way to becoming the next LHW superstar, that he would end up being a headache to the UFC like many transcendent champs before him. Just wait for his future contract negotiations.