DW: Just because you read on MMA.tv ...

MuchRespec' - I've said it before; BLAF = Don King + Vince McMahon.

He doesn't love the sport, he loves controlling the sport and reaping the lion's share of profits for himself and his billionaire buddies who gave him the money to make himself famous.

He's selling his own ego and trumped up 'stars' (Kimbo, Lesnar, Forrest, etc.) instead of selling the beauty of the sport itself.

Of course that's because to Dana, 'great MMA' appently is 2 grapplers exchanging undefended blows to the head and gassing out. Well that and guys eating each other's splooge on cable tv... ugh.

What's amazing is that the guy still has credibility with so many MMA fans, that's what I honestly cannot grasp. Who listens to this guy?

Unlike Vince McMahon and Don King, Zuffa didn't transform a healthy sport with a long history.  They were the first ones to find a money making formula in the United States and there are a lot of people who have indirectly benefited from this.

Lawman - 
DBerry - I like Cokers response

“You’d think everyone [in the industry] would be happy because it’s great for the industry for everyone to be doing well,” responded Coker.
agreed. 

+3

Boldar - 
DBerry - It hasn't taken Dana long to turn on Strikeforce despite earlier comments that he likes the way they do things. More than anything I'm an MMA fan and competition is a good thing. I only hope we aren't seeing a movement towards the kind of political rubbish that prevents boxing from putting together the superfights.
He did like the way they DID things.  But now they're doing NEW things.  Thus the reason for his change.  Pretty easy logic there.

And the whole competition is a good thing is true sometimes and others it's not.  Completely depends on the situation.  Only having one top organization in town with pro football, baseball, basketball, etc. certainly isn't a bad thing right?  The same is true in MMA.

That's not really true. NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. all have multiple owners competing against each other and driving prices up for athletes. UFC has no such thing. The athletes get 50% of the revenue due to that. I'm guessing the UFC gives 10% to it's fighters.

JimmersonzGlove - 
EvilMaster - 
Crazy Zimmerman - I think this is why they put Fedor on CBS during prime time.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. That was a good move. But it's going to take a while to build him up with that show. I mean, their pre-event hype was a joke. Nobody even knew there was a fight that night except the online hardcore community. They really need to get their shit together imo.

Really? Cuz a lot of my casual bar friends and co-workers were asking me about the fight the week leading up to it. Haven't heard any buzz at all yet for this weekends card, even though Randy is fighting for the first time ever on free TV.

Oh shit! Free UFC card? I was so caught up in the whirlwind of the free Fedor fight that I had no idea this was happening. I love free cards.

thefightingsheep -

Unlike Vince McMahon and Don King, Zuffa didn't transform a healthy sport with a long history.  They were the first ones to find a money making formula in the United States and there are a lot of people who have indirectly benefited from this.
Actually SEG found a pretty solid money-making formula and drew some big PPV numbers - was a long time before anyone approached the UFC5 buyrates. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

so no one should believe their eyes or what they read on mma.tv but they should believe every piece of shit that drops out of your mouth Mr. White?

Please learn to shut the fuck up

Jacques mikeblak Furieuxly - 

mma.tv? I thought this was mixedmatialarts.com???

newb.

A kick in the butt for all the UFC/Dana supporters on this board. They must feel bad now.

Someone needs to Romoshop a Kanye/Dana picture.

Dana: "Fedor is a ha..."

Kanye: "Yo, Dana! I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish... But Fedor is the greatest Fighter of all time... OF ALL TIME!"

japetto - I have to say that Dana's comments make me want to support the UFC less.

I'm kind of getting sick of BLAF.

mada, I believe the show was almost 300% better ratings then usual for the slot.

taodr, the ball leagues are not the same as MMA. Totally different.

Also, all my co-workers and the people at the bar they watched it in have been talking non-stop too me about it. Haven't heard randy's fight mentioned once.

why does DW hate on StrikeForce? they got something good going so let them be. Dana is just mad that he doesn't have Fedor. If the UFC treated the guys better maybe he could get Fedor.

Yes, Dana and the Zuffa are powerful and have defeated all previous organizations. Only one has been able to withstand their might, an organization in the Far East which wielded a mighty force. They were known as Pride. In the older times there were the Rings, but they could not wield the power of the Last Emperor, who was the One King. They fell. Pride discovered the One King in the land of Tsigor and they wielded it against the Zuffa. But the heart of Pride was not pure. And so it came to pass that the power of the One King corrupted and destroyed Pride, and the Zuffa consumed them. But the One King is a fickle and dangerous thing, and fell from their wicked grasps.

Since those olden times the Zuffa has wielded the Spike of Gryffynbonyr, becoming all but invincible. Many have sought the One King that they may oppose Dana and the Zuffa; many have quested to the land of Tsigor where it resides. All who wielded it were destroyed by its power. Now comes Coker and the Strikeforce. Hear me now - Coker is mighty and pure of heart, and for Coker was forged the One King. Coker will wield the power of the One King and the Strikeforce against Zuffa, the prophecy will be fulfilled, and the accursed Dana will shrink bank to the land of Baksercys.  

For as much as Dana has done for mixed martial arts (and his contribution is undeniable), he really embarrases himself with this trife crap.

KyleJohnson - Someone needs to Romoshop a Kanye/Dana picture.

Dana: "Fedor is a ha..."

Kanye: "Yo, Dana! I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish... But Fedor is the greatest Fighter of all time... OF ALL TIME!"

VTFU=)

Cindy

Wait... how am I still out of votes?

Cindy

Strikeforce has a roster nobody cares about?

first of all, fans like the ones here are the only ones reading his shit opinions on MMA websites

you think the casual fan is reading about rumors and what asinine remark Dana White says in a radio interview?

who exactly does he think hes kidding?

hes insulting us and hes insulting the fighters of Strikeforce