Dwight Howard: Nikola Pekovic could be MMA champ

xXJayRobXx - Lebron James Phone Post

Won't pass the PED screening Phone Post

gamer - Haha to most Americans, some one like LeBron is a super indestructable human who can leap buildings and who can catch bullets with his teeth

Just ridiculous

Why are Americans this retarded?

Ahhh here lies the truth in why this guy is so anti-football/basketball. I'm assuming he is British due to talk of soccer translating so well. People may think Lebron could transition to MMA well because he is 6'8, 250lbs, fast as hell, and built like a tank.

And are you really trying to argue soccer players would do better in MMA? Are you honestly joking? Look, I watch a lot of soccer, especially the epl, as well as nba, and nfl. Soccer players have great cardio but are no where near as physically gifted as NFL or NBA players. They are also some of the biggest floppers in all of athletic competition. That environment translates IN NO WAY to MMA. The biggest guys on the field are usually the CB's and they are rarely more than 200 lbs. Look at the NFL with guys like Patrick Willis, James Harrison, Leron Landry ext. They are built to fuck people up. Obviously they have no MMA training, but why would being in the NFL stop them from learning?

Also your statements about different types of cardio working is nonsense. They are professional athletes. They train cardio, as it is THEIR JOB. They get cut if they can't keep up, and as your are from Britain, you obviously don't watch much NFL, and realize how much fucking stamina it takes to play at the level they do.

Also, you still don't see how the footwork in the NFL or NBA would translate? Please explain to me how the footwork of passing a ball around would help more than that of keeping your feet while being blocked?

You British people always seem to have to resort to "Oh, American's are so stupid, blah blah blah." JUST BACK UP YOUR ARGUMENT. Don't try to act like you are on some pedestal, because you are using the same old points over and over, and can't resort to anything else.

<blockquote>FedorFalconPunch - Some of you guys are so brainwashed by MMA oops (UFC), Im literally nearly crying laughing at some of your posts.<br /><br />Alot of UFC fighters today in the UFC are terrible athletes and couldnt make EVER make it to the NBA, NFL.<br /><br />Now alot of NBA players and NFl players could transition to MMA fairly easy. Im guessing most of you sit on your computer and never competed in football or basketball at any level. Basketball= Supreme footwork over anyone, Football = Tackling rag dolling kids to the ground.<br /><br />For god sake brendon SCHUAB HAHAH was knocking dudes out in the UFC easily. you dont think Patrick Willis wouldnt KO a dude in 1 punch? LOL Lebron James if he trained MMA for 2 years would be a dominate force.<br /><br />"takes skill to get punched in the head" No it doesnt Its a matter of you can take it or not, and most can take it and has to do with some luck also. 1 day you dont get KO'ed, 1 day you could get KO'ed. Most UFC fighters are not great athletes, they are just training 24 7, on super supplements, HGH, and its so funny you guys HEX Josh barnette from MMA , when its already proven, 90 percent of MMA fighters, use PED/HGH.<br /><br />Laughable</blockquote><br /> Exactly! Not to mention Matt Mitrione, and Herschel Walker have also made the transition pretty smoothly.

EDIT: Agree with the first part, second seems a bit extreme

gamer - ^ i have backed up my arguments

Go back and read some of my posts you reatrded douch bag

Funny how you choose to respond to that post intead of all the other posts where I made my points etc

Look, I am not British, but sorry i dont have the same ignornat views of the world as you do

U.S.A!!! U.S.A!!!! #1!!!!

Is that better for you!

As for this:

"People may think Lebron could transition to MMA well because he is 6'8, 250lbs, fast as hell, and built like a tank^ I have backed up all my arguments"

LOL

Ive seen Lebron throw a punch. He literally punches like a little girl. Its pathetic

Plus I bet you he has a weak chin and would have no HEART once fists were flying at his face or once he gets hit

Fighters are FIGHTERS, NOT prissly American ATHLETES 

Americans say that about Lebron becausse they are delusional and dont have a clue, thats including you

Lebron is great at basketball because he dedicated his whole life to putting a ball through a hoop

The act of fighting IS COMBAT AND THAT IS SOMETHING SO MUCH MORE difficult then ANY American show sports

First of all, you avoided every single question in my post. And Lebron may not know how to punch like an MMA fighter, you know why? HE HASN'T FUCKING TRAINED. Which is what we are talking about. Athletes that could transition from their sport to MMA. That would require them learning the basics of fighting MMA.

Second, you obviously have some problem, because you are sterotyping all Americans the same. The "USA" chant is having pride in our country, not saying we are better than anyone else.

Also, you saying "I bet you he has a weak chin and would have no HEART once fists were flying at his face or once he gets hit" is NO ARGUMENT WHAT SO EVER. Nobody gives a shit what you bet, that holds about as much truth as me saying "LEBRON WOULD KNOCK EVERYONE OUT."

Lastly just to make you look like a complete idiot, Al Harrington took up MMA to stay active during the lockout last year. Here's a video on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqYasKhqeuo

Can he not punch either?

Metta world peace beats everyone in mma Phone Post

gamer - "First of all, you avoided every single question in my post"

You NEVER answered any of the points I brought up in previous and more serious posts of mine

Instead you choose to answer to that one funny post of mine

Just lol

I dont have an obligation to respond to anything you say

You are fasley assuming im a british. You are going off on me for your assumptions

You have been enough of a tard.

Me assuming you were british had little to nothing to do with my post aside from your hate on americans. Go back to the last page! I did respond to one of your older posts, which you never responded to me on. But if all you can do is call me a "douch bag" and a "tard" and not respond to the points I'm making, than you obviously have a weak argument.

What are the points you have made?

-Other athletes don't have the heart of a champion like fighters do?

IfHerschel Walker, Brenden Schaub, and Matt Mitrione had it, why couldn't countless others?

-Football and Basketball won't help with any of the skills needed to be a fighter

Footwork is needed in both, as well as insane cardio for football. Balance is heavily needed in MMA, and is also incredibly important in football. ex blocking.

I literally read through all your posts, and could not find any other valid point that I haven't answered. If you would like to pose one for me, than go right ahead.

gamer - "Also your statements about different types of cardio working is nonsense. They are professional athletes. They train cardio, as it is THEIR JOB. They get cut if they can't keep up"

Yeah because all those 300 pound lineman in the NFL who need an oxygen mask on the side limes have such great cardio

Football doesn't require the cardio MMA does. Not even by a long shot

Football players are able to "keep up" because their line of work only requires cardio for 10 seconds every other 10 minutes

When a football player is taught to explode for only 10 seconds at a time for all his life, that is going to stick, and it will be drilled into him.

Put that same "conditioned" NFL player in an MMA match and he gasses out within two minutes of the fight

The only way an NFL player has good cardio, is if he changes everything he has been taught by football, and adapts to the style and pace of MMA

Which would be highly unlikely considering he was coming from footbal and that his body had already been taught to go for 10 second explosive bursts and then rest etc

That just proves my point that being a good football player DOESN'T MAKE YOU a good FIGHTER

There is NFL cardio, AND THEN THERE IS MMA CARDIO. Its a world of differenece

Where are getting this 10 second burst, then a 10 minute rest? How does that even make any sense? They do plays over and over before there is a change of possession. An MMA fight is 15 minutes, or 25 minutes max. An NFL game has 60 game minutes, now its safe to assume one player is on the field for 30 minutes of actual game time. That's 30 minutes of someone who is trained to knock you over coming right for you and you having to keep them away. You obviously have never played football so you have NO IDEA how much cardio that requires.

And it's funny how you just mention lineman. There are WR's who have to run 40 yard routes on every one of those "10 second bursts" and they do this will someone is pushing them and trying to get them out of position.

Also as I said before, Brenden Schaub did it, Matt Mitrione did it, and Herschel Walker did it. These are NOWHERE NEAR as good as the best of the NFL, and they have been able to do it. It's safe to assume the best could do a little better.

Now if you would like to answer any of my points, go ahead, because I have been waiting for about 3 comments now.

gamer - "Also, you still don't see how the footwork in the NFL or NBA would translate?"

In basketball you are just dribbling a basketball with your hands and then shoot it into a tiny hoop

Again, that doesn't give you skills FOR MMA. Those motions and or skills are not applicable to MMA in any way shape or form

In soccer you are actually using your feet in a very cordinated manner. Dribilling a ball with your feet and running. That can corralte really well to having good footwork in MMA.

I mean if you want to say that any running you do durring a basketball or football game can help your footwork in MMA, then you might as well say that walking can help you to have good footwork in MMA too

In soccer it really applies and can help. Its more specific like.

There I answered the two dumbest points you brought up! Are you happy now

Please explain to me how dribbling a soccer ball while running gives equates to having good footwork in MMA?? Please! That might be the most ridiculous thing you have brought up, that LITERALLY has nothing to do with fighting at all. Posting up in basketball, and having to keep balance while someone is trying to push you back is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more applicable than dribbling down a soccer pitch.

Please, tell me specifically how dribbling a soccer ball can help mma footwork?

I can't wait for this one.

I'm going to sleep but I'll be sure to answer whatever idiotic response you come up with in the morning!

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

He ain't Kermit Washington

checkmate.

I'm pretty sure Ron Artest is the one giving other players concussions from them 'bows.

Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye - 
KevinMcAllister - Dat neck Phone Post

Phone Post

Whatever point gamer is trying to make is lost on me when I get to the blatant generalizations about whole demographics or nations.

gamer - 
FedorFalconPunch - Talked to a few rednecks on xbox about MMA

"I dont know who Fedor is"

"I didnt start watching UFC until UFC 112"

thats the kind of people who fill these forums now.

"GSP is the baddest man on planet"

Its just these people arent educated in life and def not in MMA, so you cant blame them.

they just got sucked in to the sport to see good fights and now its about "CAGE CONTROL" "LAY N PRAYING" "CLINCH CONTROL"

Good old days are gone, for god sake Chael Sonnen is taking over MMA and he couldnt win a title in the WEC. dude is a B level fighter at best and fighting Jon Jones who cant even dunk a basketball.

Great athletes

The fact you have an xbox says it all

Nothing but pure ignorant dummies buy xboxes

Playstation is where its at homie!

No but really, there are going to be the bottom of the barrel over xbox live

The xbox really is a terrible system with terrible fans.

you both are ignorant bitches

SQUEEZIE -
gamer - 
FedorFalconPunch - Talked to a few rednecks on xbox about MMA

"I dont know who Fedor is"

"I didnt start watching UFC until UFC 112"

thats the kind of people who fill these forums now.

"GSP is the baddest man on planet"

Its just these people arent educated in life and def not in MMA, so you cant blame them.

they just got sucked in to the sport to see good fights and now its about "CAGE CONTROL" "LAY N PRAYING" "CLINCH CONTROL"

Good old days are gone, for god sake Chael Sonnen is taking over MMA and he couldnt win a title in the WEC. dude is a B level fighter at best and fighting Jon Jones who cant even dunk a basketball.

Great athletes

The fact you have an xbox says it all

Nothing but pure ignorant dummies buy xboxes

Playstation is where its at homie!

No but really, there are going to be the bottom of the barrel over xbox live

The xbox really is a terrible system with terrible fans.

you both are ignorant bitches

They are both possibly thiaguy... Phone Post

Former Bulls 1st round pick James Johnson could be good. Excellent natural athlete with a legit kickboxing background. I read he'd done some MMA training in his father's gym prior to being drafted. Last I checked his NBA career seemed to be just about over, but it does make sense for someone like him to try to stick around because even at the end of a bench he has a good chance of making more money than he would immediately in the NBA. He's someone to watch for though.

4l8r Phone Post

gamer - 
wink91wink - 
gamer - "Also, you still don't see how the footwork in the NFL or NBA would translate?"

In basketball you are just dribbling a basketball with your hands and then shoot it into a tiny hoop

Again, that doesn't give you skills FOR MMA. Those motions and or skills are not applicable to MMA in any way shape or form

In soccer you are actually using your feet in a very cordinated manner. Dribilling a ball with your feet and running. That can corralte really well to having good footwork in MMA.

I mean if you want to say that any running you do durring a basketball or football game can help your footwork in MMA, then you might as well say that walking can help you to have good footwork in MMA too

In soccer it really applies and can help. Its more specific like.

There I answered the two dumbest points you brought up! Are you happy now

Please explain to me how dribbling a soccer ball while running gives equates to having good footwork in MMA?? Please! That might be the most ridiculous thing you have brought up, that LITERALLY has nothing to do with fighting at all. Posting up in basketball, and having to keep balance while someone is trying to push you back is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more applicable than dribbling down a soccer pitch.

Please, tell me specifically how dribbling a soccer ball can help mma footwork?

I can't wait for this one.

Try running at full speed while also trying to mantain a soccer ball with your feet....while also having some one running beside you trying to mess you up

It is difficult

Elite soccer players do that like its second nature

That alone would give you tremendous foot cordination which would correlate beatifully into MMA footwork

If you cant see that then you are an American retard

And LOL at trying to make out the act of keeping balance while posting up against some one in basketball as something totally extrodinary and difficult

Are you kidding me?

Many people do that all the time and very EASLIY

By the way, in soccer YOU HAVE some one pushing up beside YOU WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO RUN at full speed while CONTROLLING A BALL AT THE SAME TIME

That is leagues more difficult

I never said which one was more difficult, but it still has NOTHING TO DO WITH MMA. Running full speed while dribbling doesn't teach MMA footwork. It just doesn't at all. You aren't giving examples of how it would translate, all you are saying is "it would translate beautifully."

You are completely changing the argument to which one is more difficult which is not what we were walking about. We were talking about how it translates to MMA.

Your argument is weak so you are trying to change the discussion to give some strength to your argument.

Carmelo is such a pussy

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

For Nate Robinson's (5'9", 180) takedown on J.R. Smith (6'5", 220) at about 16 seconds in.

Well considering Nate robinson is 5'8, and 180 lbs, If he started training martial arts instead of playing basketball he could have been a force, however 28 may be a little late to start from scratch and get into the game.

His athletic ability is significantly better than anybody in MMA at his size.

He has a 43.5 inch vertical, and i don't know if it's just online speculation, but supposedly he ran a 4.35 40 in high school. He also played a little college football.