Early Herb Strikes Again.....

The only thing I learned tonight is that we can't have Herb Dean reffing any more title fights.  His routine early stoppages need to go.  Rosenthal would have allowed that fight to continue as it should have.  Cain lands 2 or 3 arm punches with Brock still defending and rolling and you step in for the TKO stoppage?  Come on now.  We need refs who allow fights to go to a definitive stoppage and that certainly didn't happen in the Cain/Brock fight.

I'd have been fine if the fight continues and Cain lands a few big shots and Brock goes unconcious, Cain wins a 5 round decision, whatever, but don't step in a stop a fight on arm punches when we saw Brock get battered for almost 4 minutes by Shane Carwin only to come back and win.

Big time disappointed in Herb.

Prior to that Brock looked good coming out until that weird trip/somersault thing.  He took some punishment as he has in other fights but had landed some good shots prior.  Cain was more patient than I expected which was a good thing.  Mostly arm punches but he was landing.  Great job on the takedown as well as good escape from Brock's takedowns.  Just wish I wouldn't have been robbed of a good, definitive ending. 

Im starting to think Brock took a dive so the Mexicans could have their champion and start watching MMA.

So it's ok to stop a fight sometimes when a guy is still covering, rolling, etc. but not others?  Make an intelligent reply instead of the generic <insert score here> ones you're doing.

I was gonna say WFA because I thought you smoked up too early and fell asleep for the fight.

Wasn't defending himself = fights over.

Legit stoppage.

Brock would have won under UFC 1 rules.

Lmao to arm punches. Brocks face tells a different story Phone Post

Since when is rolling, reaching to control cains arm/head, covering his chin, etc. NOT an intelligent defense?  It's not like he turtled, got rocked, didn't move for many seconds, etc.  It's not like Herb told him to do something and he didn't.  None of the usual suspects are present her to justify a TKO stoppage.

Herb screwed up.

I thouoght brock verbally submitted?

Jen The OCaholic Jameson -  Brock Verbally submitted so cry all you want but the frain train derailed.

Toot toot.

Boldar - Since when is rolling, reaching to control cains arm/head, covering his chin, etc. NOT an intelligent defense?  It's not like he turtled, got rocked, didn't move for many seconds, etc.  It's not like Herb told him to do something and he didn't.  None of the usual suspects are present her to justify a TKO stoppage.

Herb screwed up.

lol, obvious trolling.

I was actually a little surprised to see Herb step in but certainly not because it was too soon. I was waiting for Brock to go totally limp, and even though its not the right thing to do, I was a little surprised they didn't let that happen.

the inferior Viking warrior was saved from an Aztec style LIVING DEATH by Herb Dean ... 

What? You wanted Brock to get raped longer? I think Cain made his point, good stoppage Phone Post

There was no verbal submission else it would have been a submission stoppage, not a TKO as was announced.

And just because a guy gets a glove/fingernail cut doesn't mean he took more damage then he did versus Shane.

Come on guys, if you disagree at least post something intelligent in reply.

looked like brock went fetal right when the fight was stopped.
lol, calling that rolling away.

Jen The OCaholic Jameson - 
joe bruce - He wasnt close to being knocked out so i agree with OP

Thats great but the OP is wrong brock was so damn scared he yelled "STOP" and so Herb Stoped,  Brock was not the superman you thought him too be its ok thats why its not good to hugnuts.

+1

brock would never fight again if that fight continued another 30 seconds

Its Me Again - Im starting to think Brock took a dive so the Mexicans could have their champion and start watching MMA.

Please kill yourself.