easy recipes

The crockpot recipe thread got me thinking...I'm a halfway decent cook, but I can get pretty lazy when it comes to cooking. Not sure if this thread's already been done, but it'd be nice getting some tasty and halfway-healthy recipes that that can be whipped up with minimal effort and time.

I'll share my fallback dish:

INGREDIANTS
1 package of instant ramen noodles
green onions
vegetables (I usually use bok choy, spinach and/or bean sprouts)
Oil
Oyster sauce

Bring a pot of water to a boil before putting in the ramen noodles, keeping on the heat until the noodles are cooked.

In a wok or a pan, heat up some oil (enough to stir-fry...about 1 tbsp). Drain the noodles before stir frying them in the pan. The noodle packages usually come with some sort of flavoring or spice, which I usually mix in with the noodles at this point.

Then, place in the vegetables. I can't really tell you specific quantities since I just eye it out, but I heap in a lot of vegetables. Usually, I end up with as much of the vegetables as the noodles. At the same time, stir in liberal amounts of oyster sauce (I try to make sure that I don't drown the dish in the sauce, but it does take quite a bit to adequately cover all the noodles and vegetables). At this point, you're only gonna need to stir fry for about 1 minute...basically until the vegetables are cooked.

NOTE: If you're gonna use bok choy, you'll wanna stir fry the bok choy for a couple minutes (2-3 minutes) even before you place in the noodles...bok choy's a lot more dense than spinach or bean sprouts, and it takes a much longer time to cook through.

ttt

This thread lacks meat.

1 Like

this recipe looks like it'S nowhere near healthy except for the bok-choy

what simthefarmer said; that's not even "halfway healthy." Ramen noodles are deep-fried noodles-nothing that involves frying is going to be healthy, let alone double-fried foods.

Some super lazy recipes:

-lowfat/nonfat flavored yogurt blended with whey protein & milk.

-Grilled chicken breasts, dip it in some Frank's red-hot (butter optional)

-Grilled chicken breasts with steamed broccoli-drench the broccoli in soy sauce and lemon juice

-mix pancake batter mix with quality flavored whey protein powder 1:1 ratio, add some eggs, throw in some dried berries or chopped apricots; it will normally come out like a very firm, dense sponge cake. Cook up a dozen, set aside in a ziplock freezer bag in the fridge, eat whenever you need a quick carb/protein snack.

John Berardi's cookbooks are great for easy, superhealthy recipes. I especially like the snack chapter with all the protein bars etc. recipes.

lol I guess it's a good thing that I decided to ask for advice. I'm just coming off a 3 month takeout-and-pizza binge and 10 minutes in the kitchen still seems like forever to me. I definitely appreciate the help guys.

Ok this one kicks ass.

Take a sashimi grade yellow-fin Tuna filet and coat it in the following spice blend:

2 Parts Corriander
2 Parts Cinnamon
2 Parts Brown Sugar
2 Parts Cumin
1 Part Cayenne Pepper

Pan sear on a hot skillet for about 7-10 seconds on each side. Slice and serve. Its basically like sashimi and is friggin delicious. Serve over brown rice or spinach and you are set. I like to dip it in Soy sauce.

My go-to quick meal:

Brown rice (not a lot, depending on goals..keep in fridge cooked)
Scrambled egg whites (3-5..one yolk)
Leftover diced chicken breast (always have in fridge)
Any diced veggies in house (pepper, onion etc)
Olive oil (tablespoon)
Low sodium soy sauce

I heat the olive oil..throw in the brown rice and veggies..couple dashes of soy..eggs when pan really hot..cooked chicken

My version of 'fried rice'..prepared and cooked in 10mins

I got recommended some easy recipes on YouTube

2 ingredient salted caramel peanut butter fudge

2 ingredient chocolate fudge

I’m going to make these with my daughters over the weekend. I’m going to crush up some Oreo cookies and sprinkle on top of the Chocolate fudge though

These are like the easiest recipes I ever seen and the people all say it taste amazing

The Salted Caramel Peanut Butter is just a jar of peanut butter and the new salted caramel cake frosting mixed. 2 minutes in the microwave, then mix together, then put in refrigerator…

1 Like