Ed Herman vs. Mike Rodriquez

pampered_fighter -

That will be over turned no problem.

No it won’t

StretchPlum - The one a few seconds before looked low. Delayed reaction?

I think it’s debatable, I’d have to see it again but it looked like it was right around the bellybutton. Perhaps could have hit the top of his cup? 

Herman just said in his post fight he basically doesn’t remember the sequence cause he was hurt. 

Stea1th -
pampered_fighter -

No it won’t

Wanna bet?

X

Tomato Can -
MasterofMartialArts - 
Tomato Can -
MasterofMartialArts - 
knappster -

just lost all respect for ED. that was weak

Ed didn’t complain or say a groin shot happened, he just went with it. Why would you not take a break to recover? 

He started holding his balls AFTER the ref called time.

That’s what I’m saying. He isn’t the one who told the ref he got hit in the groin. How anyone could question the heart or chin of Herman is beyond my comprehension. 

It’s not about his heart or chin.

Sitting on the ground holding your balls when you didn’t get hit there just to milk an extra minute’s rest is dishonest, garbage sportsmanship.

You’re not wrong but this is a fight. A guy is gonna do whatever he feels he needs to do to win the fight. Do I think it’s bullshit that Rodriguez didn’t get the win? Yeah I do. But I don’t blame Ed for that, I blame the ref for breaking them up. 

Crazy fight. Ref screwed up. I don’t blame Herman. What’s he supposed to do tell they ref to call the fight? He did what anyone would do. Take a minute and keep fighting. 

pampered_fighter -
Stea1th -
pampered_fighter -

No it won’t

Wanna bet?

What is the precedent for them overturning a fight on a similar ref fuck up?

There is none. I feel awful for Rodriguez but that outcome will stand.

Also wanted to point out that Ed technically cheated as well using his toes in the cage for leverage to get the sub. I think this the ref's fault for sure though 

Talk about a Hail Mary submission ... Haven't seen one like that since Anderson v. Chael ... 

gooddrewman -

Crazy fight. Ref screwed up. I don’t blame Herman. What’s he supposed to do tell they ref to call the fight? He did what anyone would do. Take a minute and keep fighting. 

That’s all I’m saying. Ed was hurt, why wouldn’t take a minute to recover? The REF called time. It wasn’t a low blow and that REALLY fucking sucks for Mike, but sometimes shit happens in MMA. He will be back. 

pampered_fighter -
Stea1th -
pampered_fighter -

No it won’t

Wanna bet?

Sure 

TonyJaa_rd -

Also wanted to point out that Ed technically cheated as well using his toes in the cage for leverage to get the sub. I think this the ref's fault for sure though 

Didn’t see that but I’m not surprised. 

MasterofMartialArts - 
StretchPlum - The one a few seconds before looked low. Delayed reaction?

I think it’s debatable, I’d have to see it again but it looked like it was right around the bellybutton. Perhaps could have hit the top of his cup? 

Herman just said in his post fight he basically doesn’t remember the sequence cause he was hurt. 

Yes. I just meant someone on his team might point to the other knee.

All these retards crying.  Ed got beat up more,  once he was followed to the ground he quickly locked up a sub as he would of in round 2 had the ref not fucked up.  Yes the ref messed up,  but as we seen in round 3,  Ed could beat him once he followed Ed to the ground.  Derp derp,  fucking morons.

MasterofMartialArts -
Tomato Can -
MasterofMartialArts - 
knappster -

Ed didn’t complain or say a groin shot happened, he just went with it. Why would you not take a break to recover? 

That’s what I’m saying. He isn’t the one who told the ref he got hit in the groin. How anyone could question the heart or chin of Herman is beyond my comprehension. 

Why was he holding his nuts after the stoppage?  He was clearly acting like it was a groin shot.  Should be changed to a no contest.

2 Likes
Flyers179 -
pampered_fighter -
Stea1th -
pampered_fighter -

No it won’t

Wanna bet?

What is the precedent for them overturning a fight on a similar ref fuck up?

There is none. I feel awful for Rodriguez but that outcome will stand.

We will see won’t we?

Darren Mullen -
MasterofMartialArts -
Tomato Can -
MasterofMartialArts - 
knappster -

Why was he holding his nuts after the stoppage?  He was clearly acting like it was a groin shot.  Should be changed to a no contest.

Herman should just forfeit the win. 

1 Like
Darren Mullen -
MasterofMartialArts -
Tomato Can -
MasterofMartialArts - 
knappster -

What happened in round 3 when Ed was hurt and followed to the ground???  Tell me why round 2 would of been any different if not for the refs fuck up…

Congrats Herman! One of the most amazing comebacks of all time! Shit I could see 3 10-8 rounds against him when he came up with that sub! Especially after taking that wicked low blow, what a comeback 

Just following the fight on here!

I will say Ed is a great guy. I trained with him years ago. A class act imo !

I can’t fault him for using Said ^ things to his advantage. Sounds shitty for the other dude.

Rematch maybe ? Herman is a crafty veteran. I’d think most would take the break If given the chance.

1 Like