Edwards says no to Covington fight

Fuck you Leon.

You’re as much of a loser as Phoney Montana if you’re pushing for this shit.

2 Likes

Edwards latest opponents - Usman x 2, Diaz, Belal (early no contest), RDA (Colby beat him too and did a better job at it), Cerrone, Sebotta, Baraberna. So STFU. If Colby doesn’t deserve a fight, you don’t deserve that belt, especially after that robbery win against Usman.

The guy talks about merit based next opponent and in his next breath mentions Masvidal. LOL

3 Likes

To be fair, if Mas beats Burns he will have a win over a current top 10 fighter, which Colby doesnt have

1 Like

i have yet to see evidence that colby is a draw. His fights have never sold well. UFC is just desperate for their great white champion

2 Likes

He got the belt on a can crushing streak. He didnt like fighting top 5s unless it was a title shot. Now that he is champ he wants the street judas easy fights

If Leon ducks, Colby will be fighting Khamzat or Belal/Shavkhat for the interim title.

Unfair? Sure, but that’s how ufc has been playing the game as of late.

3 Likes

Leon is scared of that wrestling

3 Likes

You would think Leon should ignore Jorge and make him work for it after the bullshit sucker punch and wanna fight Colby just to spite Jorge

1 Like

If Edwards thinks he is likely to only get points on his next fight, he’d want to cash in on the biggest draw he could face. He hasn’t mentioned Conor, but I’m guessing he’d refuse to face anyone else if that were an option.

It looks particularly weak and disappointing given he’s talking about IF Jorge wins, and dismissing Colby who is not only a top contender, and was just the backup fighter, but who is a relatively good draw for the guys he should defend to.

If Dana sent him a list with top 5, drew a line through Usman and Colby and wrote “refused” next to them, and said “Who are you willing to defend against?”, I wonder if Edwards would just say Jorge or Conor, or if he could find a matchup he’d feel relatively confident against.

1 Like

Not his fault, he was supposed to fight Masvidal until Masvidal pulled out of the fight.

1 Like

I’m reading fear. Jorge is the far safer fight.

2 Likes

Having a run of black champions the last few years, comes with the territory. It’ll just get worse now that Francis did whatever that was, Leon probably won’t fight until 2024 now unless it’s against that cholo whose last win was against Nate Diaz like 4 years ago.

2 Likes

Jorge is probably the easiest fight he could take, but he’s only going to have that option if he Jorge can beat Burns. I think Leon is right, that the Jorge fight would be the biggest draw, as Jorge is probably the only welterweight with mainstream media recognition.

3 Likes

Since March 2020, the pandemic, Leon has only fought 1 more time than Colby

1 Like

Edwards has already said he won’t defend to Colby. I wonder what he’d say if asked “What if Jorge loses to Burns?”. Would he still refuse to face 2/5 of top 5?

UFC should pay him whatever it takes to sign vs Colby, make Shavkat the backup, and let Edwards fight out his contract. They should also not wait on anyone the way they did with Francis going forward.

1 Like

and did twice what colby couldnt do once in 2 tries

8 Likes

Completely off the mark.

Leon was on a TEN fight win streak to get his title shot. It’s well known he had one of the longest and most trying roads to the title.

Colby is only being lined up because he’s a bigger name. He “deserves” the next shot according to Dana because he fly over to London and made weight.

Colby is the one that should have and could have fought Belal or Khamzat to keep himself in the mix BUT HE sat out trying to bank on his name and mouth to get back in there. He hasn’t beaten anyone on a win streak (not coming off a loss) since RDA since June 2018.

Bottom line is that Colby has it fought for a year. Those are the facts.

3 Likes

And on a ten fight win streak up to the title. There’s that too.

3 Likes

He will be stripped faster a dancer with a mortgage

1 Like

If you leave out the fact that Leon couldn’t fight for a year because of the pandemic restrictions in his country. He’s had 5 fights taken away from him because of COVID or the other fighter pulling out.

Colby has done absolutely nothing in the past year while Leon has won and defended the title.

3 Likes