Edwards speaks out on knife violence in hometown

UFC welterweight Leon Edwards appeared recently on the Eurobash podcast and discussed the surge of knife violence in his hometown of Birmingham.

“It’s getting crazy, that kid that got stabbed in that video I posted yesterday, it was actually one of my best friend’s cousins that got stabbed,” said Edwards, as transcribed by Peter Carroll for MMA Fighting. “I only found out about it today; I didn’t even know about it until this morning that it’s one of my best pal’s cousins, so I was like, ‘Oh f***.’”

“Yesterday alone there were three or four stabbings in Birmingham, which is f***in’ madness in a lockdown.”

“I feel like I’m in the perfect position [to speak on the issue]. I’ve been there and done that, and I can try my best to show them another way. It is hard, though. There’s not really an answer that I can give to fix it all. But to see little kids getting stabbed to death in broad daylight, in a lockdown, it’s heartbreaking to see it.

“I posted it yesterday just to shed a bit of light on it, to let people see how bad it is here. The kids need help; they need something to happen, because they’re turning a blind eye to it like everyone else is. You know, [they say], ‘It’s gangs, just leave them to it,’ which is not a good way to look at it. I try my best to talk to the people I know in Birmingham; I try my hardest to try help the kids.”

“It’s crazy, I showed my friend the video [of a recent stabbing] yesterday, and he sent me a picture of me when I was 15 or 16 into the group chat. There were about five or six of us [in the image] and out of all of us, four of us are doing life sentences right now, apart from me and the guy I sent it to. The other four kids are all doing life in prison now for murder. I’m very grateful for what my mum has done, for me and my brother, to show us another path. I’m happy that we stuck to it, and now it’s paying off.”

1 Like

Brits love their shanks.

3 Likes

Not to be that guy, but most knife attacks are brute force, zero skill. Most guys just go stabby stabby, and knives are potent enough that this is usually enough.

But when one of those limey blokes gets all aggro and reaches for his potato peeler, I’ve already pierced his heart with my neck dagger.

Dragunov - 

I’m in Birmingham and have met Leon and his former training partners. It is a problem but not an uncommon one sadly. I have old school friends doing life sentences too. To be clear though, it’s a chosen path by the misguided.

Thankfully Leon found a home with some great people at a young age, the likes of Vaughan Lee, who is one of the most humble, honourable people you’ll meet.

He must have because Mas proved that he was not about that street life.

2 Likes
RenatoCocopreta -
Dragunov - 

I’m in Birmingham and have met Leon and his former training partners. It is a problem but not an uncommon one sadly. I have old school friends doing life sentences too. To be clear though, it’s a chosen path by the misguided.

Thankfully Leon found a home with some great people at a young age, the likes of Vaughan Lee, who is one of the most humble, honourable people you’ll meet.

Lol I remember the interview after that where Hardy said the hands behind the back is an old street move and leon didn’t seem to get it. Dudes full of shit.

1 Like
GoldbergsAdderall - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Dragunov - 

Lol I remember the interview after that where Hardy said the hands behind the back is an old street move and leon didn’t seem to get it. Dudes full of shit.

If you’re capable of critical thinking you might actually be able to come up with a multitude of different possibilities other than “Dudes full of shit”, simply because he might not have encountered it before or even understood Dan’s point at that moment.

RenatoCocopreta - Not to be that guy, but most knife attacks are brute force, zero skill. Most guys just go stabby stabby, and knives are potent enough that this is usually enough.

But when one of those limey blokes gets all aggro and reaches for his potato peeler, I’ve already pierced his heart with my neck dagger.

DOnt you mean your “neck beard” you zero charisma retard…unless this was bait then well done.

Dragunov -

Is most of the knife violence coming from born Brits or immigrants?

2 Likes
Erik Apple -
Dragunov -

Knife violence has always been big in uk, particularly in certain cities. Way before any mass immigration in places like Liverpool / Glasgow, knives were / are always a part of street culture

1 Like
RenatoCocopreta - Not to be that guy, but most knife attacks are brute force, zero skill. Most guys just go stabby stabby, and knives are potent enough that this is usually enough.

What a wanker!!

arc123 - 
Erik Apple -
Dragunov -

Knife violence has always been big in uk, particularly in certain cities. Way before any mass immigration in places like Liverpool / Glasgow, knives were / are always a part of street culture

It is because Brit’s don’t have guns. If they don’t have knives, they will use rocks.

They are trying to ban knives in London for a while. Whenever something like this happens it just fuels that political agenda

Erik Apple -
Dragunov -

Most knife crime in the UK is from UK born kids.

Stupid Brits can’t even gang bang the right way.

What is there, a no guns policy? In the US that’s called “half-steppin’” aka “getting caught slippin”. 

Three or four stabbings? That’s a Sunday morning brunch in Chicago. 

Sounds like these British gangsters are lacking commitment, if you ask me. They fight like inmates and inmates only fight like that because they can’t get fucking guns! 

Almost every inner city American kid carries a knife. Most of them out of fear...they simple don’t want to be helpless is they get attacked at the park or on the way to school. Most of them never ever use them. That’s because, if they wanted to actually hurt someone, THEY’D GET A FUCKING GUN!! 

The knife is entry level self protection at best. These gangs sound like Soches and Greasers. 

1 Like

There's more than 70 Yardies monitoring this thread.....act accordingly.

1 Like

I’ve seen the video, it’s truly shocking. 

Gareth80 -
Erik Apple -
Dragunov -

What about per capita? I would assume most UKers are UK born. 

ShanTheMan -
Gareth80 -
Erik Apple -
Dragunov -

No idea on that. 

1 Like
ShanTheMan -
Gareth80 -
Erik Apple -
Dragunov -

Brits are a bit stabby. Immigrants may be too but brits be shankin fools.  Hispanics too! I’m Panamanian and I always carry a knife. 

Pistol too but that’s for another thread

1 Like

British cops have to fight criminals with random improvised objects cause theyre too afraid to have guns

Taylor27 -

I’ve seen the video, it’s truly shocking. 

Video of what Leon’s talking about?