Elvis retirement?????

"The reason the arguments don't change from Elvis supporters over the years, is because he is a genuine ambassador of MMA, and embodies the australian spirit of having a go, despite the opposition."

Amen! to that..

This will make me some what unpopular but here it goes anyway.

I've given Elvis a lot of respect in this forum in the past, and I'll continue
to do so. He is a much better grappler than I could ever possibly be. It
was good to watch him make quick work of his oppenents at the recent
ADCC qualifiers, and he is always willing to step up and compete in
anything unlike myself as I don't compete at all.

That being said, in my personal opinion Elvis was never truly a world class
MMA fighter. He'll get in the cage and give it a shot, but a fighter with the
calibre of Tito Ortiz, Chuck Lidell or Randy Couture he never was and
probably never will be. I hope he proves me wrong.

Should he retire, well that's up to him. Personally I'd like to see him back
in the cage or ring giving it another go.

I think Elvis' best fights are ahead of him.

seemed like his stand up had improved leaps and bounds again ...but there isnt many people that can trade with him as it is

gnp on the other hand

i wouldn't want elvis to retire ...he may not get many W's in the ufc but its always the most interesting fight

I havent seen the last fight but as of retirement I think most fighters need to leave the sport when they are getting badly hurt and their health is in danger. Is Elvis in this way???

As of if he should keep fighting in the UFC or go back and get a few eaisier wins under his belt that is up to him and the UFC.

Some fighters get managed very very well and to them its a business. The fight easy wins and get the experience under their belts (Bonello and Mundine would fit in here).
Other fighters just fight whoever gets put infront of them. These fighters seem to wan to just go out and test themselves or are jouneymen fighters who just fight to colect their pay.

To be honest there seemed to be more fighters around in days gone by who just went out and fought because thats what they did and they didn't run around looking for easy fights to build up a BS record.
And to be honest if there were more fighters around like this today all combat sports would be far better off than the shit fights and cards everyone seems to put on today.

I would rather go watch a club fight like the card George Sots was on the other week in his boxing debut than the bullshit onesided fucked up cards Mundine, Kostya and most of the other big cards put on.

If there were more fighters around like Elvis and Soliman combat sports would be thriving.

Also Justin I find it funny you bag Elvis and the UFC about not putting the best fights on for peoples money yet I have never heard you bag Bonello for fighting the c class fighters he seemed to fight often.

I am not blowing wind up Elvis's arse before that comment comes out. If Elvis was boxing and being pounded often then yes i would think he should retire. I also think his ground game is not working and he needs to try something else but that is up to him and the coaches and people around him to work out.

Just think its ashame that we bag fighters who just get in and have ago. Would everyone be happier if Elvis got Bonello's record and went thought the guys on his record instead of fighting the biggest names he can on the biggest shows???????????????????????/

"Also Justin I find it funny you bag Elvis and the UFC about not putting the best fights on for peoples money yet I have never heard you bag Bonello for fighting the c class fighters he seemed to fight often."

Mate, what I expect from a promotion at a little Aussie show (KOTC, Mine etc....) is vastly different from what I expect from the premiere MMA show on the planet. I don't think thats really that crazy?

Justin

Thats a fair point mate.

Elvis has many years left in him if he wishes to continue, I personally hope he does, not only as a Elvis fan, but also for Australian MMA. Putting his results to the side, he is very highly regarded in the UFC and the MMA community, and I know he has / is still doing heaps behind the scene to help bring more of Australia to the UFC, so that cant be a bad thing. He represents our country with great pride and integrity.

Go the King!

If Elvis can go back to the smaller shows, and string some wins together, build your way back up, then he deserves another shot in the UFC.... It works the same for all fighters.

Although I like watching Elvis fight, for so many reasons, not to mention, being an Aussie, and a entertaining guy to watch, I really hope that he looks after himself, so that hes quality of life after fighting is still good.

No one knows how beat up he is, except for Elvis. If he thinks he can go again, he should. If he thinks it might be time to hang-up the gloves, then good for him.

Elvis needs to work on moving his head when the throws punches.

He also needs to give up his closed guard for mma. If he is going to do a closed guard, then maybe try the "London" position so he keeps the opponent's head down. Letting his opponent sit back and punch him is not a good strategy.

No plans of retirement yet. I've received lots of comments and interest after my last match. Nothing planned at the moment, but I am always looking ahead. I also received fight of the night for that match as well.

Regards,
Elvis

the UFC will keep giving Elvis fights provided they have opponents they want to hype up with a good win.

Elvis is as dangerous now as he ever was. Anyone who steps into a ring with him thinking its going to be a cakewalk is in for a nasty surprise.

I didn't get to see the fight live and even though I knew the results prior to watching a replay I was still screaming for Elvis to finish the kimura.

I admit that Elvis' record doesn't look good and that he's taken a number of beatings in the UFC but almost all the fights could have easily gone the other way. I still think Elvis had Forrest done before the tides turned and he almost got Bisping.

I say one more, Elvis. Train like a mad man, kick someone's ass and then hang up the gloves if that's what you want.

-Adam.

WOO HOO!!!