ESCAPING THE TRIANGLE CHOKE!

Someone should really make a tape of good escapes from this position. Do Paulson's Triangle tapes cover escapes or are they just setups?

Kingbong, Im glad someone knows what I am talking about. That is the only move that works for me when the arm is over and the triangle is tight. I was surprised that no one had mentioned that one. Caique showed me that.

If done properly the escape I posted above is not a slam, it's supposed to be a roll. It allows you superior leverage, making your opponent feel extremely light. It also has to be done before the triangle is locked on. If the triangle is locked on and you lift your opponent up and he holds on to the trangle you can slam him. I would never slam anyone in training, i'm just saying you have the option to do so,and it may get you out of the hold. slamming when its locked is not the technique. You have to have your elbow in tight sort of blocking the triangle to do this move.

how about the last 3 outta 4 methods i posted

ttt

I dont know Screiter,all of those techs work well if the guy isnt too skilled.I still think your dead if its against a guy who knows how to work his hips well and interchange armbar,trichoke,omoplata.I use variations of your techniques on guys who dont switch subs well or move hips.I never see good fighters get caught and get out.I see alot who anticipate and prevent it though.This just from MMA experience.I dont know about BJJ competition.

I don't know alot of ways to escape this,i prefer to slam and the power through their legs back into their
guard,i really like some of the ideas discussed here,and look forward to trying them out,on another point,i was taught a very good drill for tightening
up your triangle,and i am tap city proof it works,
you do the drill with your training partner,he alternates placing his arm inside for you to triangle,
you just go from left side triangle position,to right side,concentrating on the turn of your hips,sliding your leg across the top of the back/neck area and locking the hold down,this drill really builds the hip
area strength up for applying this hold,and mentally trains you to apply the triangle deep and fast everytime.peace

Escaping always leads you into a variation of Omoplata or armbar so my best advice to you is not to let your opponent get his leg outside your arm and over your shoulder. If you know your being set up for one, I know a nice way to pass to side control.Here goes, pull in the arm that will be involved in the choke to a 90 degree bend and rest that arm on his thigh.Next let him push your arm in enough to let his leg pass over but dont let him control that arm until the legs are locked.Sweep that arm under the knee crease of the leg that he just past over your head as you duck your head out and apply pressure to his other thigh with your hand to keep him from locking his legs.You must leg scissor backwards to the side of the body which his leg came over your head.If you do this quickly and fluently enough,you can escape a tri choke fairly easy.

Thanks. I printed this thread to add to my Fighter's Notebook.

Like what? I wish I knew some. Ive got one method but id like to hear more.

<>just not true - plenty of counters/escapes that you end up passing, back in his guard, ect.

ttt

bite a little chunk out of the guys leg. He'll scream and let loose.

Sreiter, you're awsome, BUT!!!!! Quit telling these rasslers how to escape Jiu-Jitsu subs/chokes. A couple weeks and the techs you posted will be in a catch rassling book.video!

ttt

LOL- fdt, what was i thinking

ttt