ESPN: "Someone paid $50 for $553 UFC 159 ticket"

Dana just came at this guy on twitter:

@danawhite
@darrenrovell We r a private comp but heres ur answer 2 ur RIDICULOUS tweet on Sat... http://t.co/QyeuIDTBa5 #mma #ufc

The picture is about the last couple events and how numbers are up. I can't post the pic from my phone tho sorry. Phone Post 3.0

Darren's response:

@darrenrovell: @danawhite As a reporter, I’d like you to allow me to delve into your financials instead of accept a two paragraph memo. You game?

@darrenrovell: @danawhite Because you are a private company and always profess everything is great, it’s hard to take anything at face value anymore.

@darrenrovell: @danawhite You guys have had a great run and you know I respect the hell out of you. I’m just asking for what the bankers would ask for.

@darrenrovell: @danawhite I said UFC was slowing down. Do you have data to show me that the 2012 NET PROFITS grew at a faster rate than any year before? Phone Post 3.0

"I'm just asking for what the bankers would ask for."

Goddamn that Darren guy is a fuckin clown shoe.  

UKMN - Been to 2 events in my life time so far....once in Newcastle England and bought the cheapest seats money could buy....then got my last ticket which was front row for free from my brother in law Sean at the FX card in Minneapolis.....I had a blast but couldn't imagine paying up to $1000 for a ticket.....

BTW long time lurker of the UG....Can't believe I waited 5 years for my first post!
I did the same thing yesterday guess this tread draws in the lurkers... Vote up for you sir Phone Post 3.0

Burt Reynoldz -

Right! Hey Dana I'd like your pin# an ssn be fair it's nothing more then your bank teller would ask... Who r these "reporters"? Phone Post 3.0

Dana's response:

@danawhite: @darrenrovell exactly, we are private and don't give numbers. U shouldn't tweet shit that is FAR from the truth when I don't have facts. Phone Post 3.0

darren rovell
@danawhite if u don’t want me to ask for #’s then don’t give #’s that I can’t verify. Did net profits had their best YOY increase in ‘12?

darren rovell ?
@VikesPessimist I was defeated because Dana whipped up an unverifiable word document?

darren rovell
I’ve been going back and forth w/UFC’s @danawhite. If there’s 1 thing I can’t bash it’s that he’s the most accessible head of a sports org.

Meltzer jumping in:

Dave Meltzer ?
@darrenrovell I follow their biz as close as anyone. Thus far 2013 has been very strong.Depends on ability to put together big fights

Buy a pocket vape and smoke anywhere people won't even notice and there is no small. I know people who smoke them in bars Phone Post

I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies - Buy a pocket vape and smoke anywhere people won't even notice and there is no small. I know people who smoke them in bars Phone Post
Shhh... What if "they " are listening ? Phone Post 3.0

BrattMamley - Dana just came at this guy on twitter:

@danawhite
@darrenrovell We r a private comp but heres ur answer 2 ur RIDICULOUS tweet on Sat... http://t.co/QyeuIDTBa5 #mma #ufc

The picture is about the last couple events and how numbers are up. I can't post the pic from my phone tho sorry. Phone Post 3.0

That image doesn't really prove anything other than they raise prices and Fuel is more available than it used to be. Highest rated TUF on fx? There's only been two

Kick Boxe - 
BrattMamley - Dana just came at this guy on twitter:

@danawhite

That image doesn't really prove anything other than they raise prices and Fuel is more available than it used to be. Highest rated TUF on fx? There's only been two

Three TUF seasons on FX actually.

GSP24 - Cut down the PPV's to 8 shows per year and STACK them. Phone Post 3.0

Yep that would be great.

Stigga - 

Yep that would be great.

I disagree. The more fights the better.

I could care less if the UFC is making money or not. There should be fights every weekend.

HighFreq - 
Stigga - 

Yep that would be great.

I disagree. The more fights the better.

I could care less if the UFC is making money or not. There should be fights every weekend.

I think this way would help with you feel better about your purchase. If this happened they might make up for it with more FX/Fuel shows.

Kick Boxe - 

146 and 148 were pretty full. UFC 155 was crowded, but not many Americans, mostly Brazillians and Mexicans. UFC 156 was basically a ghost town. They comp a lot of tickets to Vegas shows as well, two girls sat behind me right before the main event at 155 and had no idea who JDS or Cain were, and hated it as soon as it started

One more reason the UFC needs to stop doing 8 Vegas shows a year. I understand it's easier to manage for Dana and the Fertitas and Zuffa but there are lots of cities where the UFC is in high demand that have been waiting years for shows and will have much better crowds. I think if I spent hundreds of dollars on tickets and possibly planned my vacation around it had to listen to professional seat fillers complain behind me throughout the main-event I'd be pretty fucking irritated.

Dougie - I remember UFC 52 was my first UFC live. The last one was into the 100s but that first one was awesome. Hell, I was sitting in the post fight press audience with Dan Henderson because they wanted to fill the chairs.

The weigh ins were also poorly attened and easy to get into. When I say poorly attended I mean there just wasn't a lot of people there, not that people didnn't want to go. I'm pretty sure I sat with the Tapout crew for that.

52 was mine as well.

Man, times have changed. I remember a day or two before the fight, Liddell was being interviewed by someone (Ryan Bennett?) right outside the Grand Garden Arena (but still inside MGM) at a little table. I just stood there with like two other guys and watched the interview. Nobody else was there, no 'security', Liddell didn't have any entourage, etc. To this day I still have the grainy photo with Liddell.

Also, ran into Dana at 52 hanging at the old pay phone bank right outside the sports book in MGM. A few people noticed him, but, no security, nothing. He was just hanging out waiting to meet someone.

Why doesn't Darren Rovell verify his own numbers?

ThickS0lid N Right - 
Burt Reynoldz -

Right! Hey Dana I'd like your pin# an ssn be fair it's nothing more then your bank teller would ask... Who r these "reporters"? Phone Post 3.0

Thanks pal!

Went to UFC Calgary. It was a pretty shitty experience. Never doing it again. Phone Post