ESPN: "Someone paid $50 for $553 UFC 159 ticket"

PrestigeWorldwide - I prefer watching at home. I've been to UFC and bellator events. The cage really does fuck up the view, especially when it's a grapplefest. U end up watching the screen the entire time. Phone Post 3.0
Totally Phone Post 3.0

just about every sporting event you can get tickets below face value if you are outside the arena 15 minutes after the event starts.

Smoked a cone with Minowa man. True story. Phone Post

Kick Boxe -
MARC BULGER - 
Kick Boxe -
thirdleg - smoke cones = gay oral sex?

British or Canadian for smoking cone shaped joints you American slob

Foreigners hate America it's so funny, weak people lol.. Phone Post

I'm American, born and have lived in California my whole life

It's not a joint, it's the little metal thing that goes in a bong.

I've heard. Phone Post 3.0

makes sense. while jones and sonnen are good draws, no one really gave sonnen a chance and so there wasn't much demand. not a care myself or a lot of people would pay face value for

LMFAO @ buying UFC tickets weeks/days in advance

Noobs Phone Post 3.0

thirdleg - smoke cones = gay oral sex?

Lmao Phone Post

Quickash1t -

I paid full price for my seats. And I have no regrets. It was a blast. I met Ronda and Lyoto outside at the signings, and spent time with the UG at the meet and greet.

I will go to just about every event on the east cost I can. And I will continue to buy the Payperviews. I am not on the UFCs nuts, but I enjoy the sport and I enjoy the way the UFC presents it.

This except I never been to a live event :( I do buy every PPV though ... Phone Post 3.0

ThickS0lid N Right - I was there paid $600 for 2 $553 tix.. I got baked outta my head @ my seat cageside... The view isn't as good as tv but the feeling in the place is better then watching any PPV Phone Post 3.0

This! There's NOTHING like a live UFC event!

Cindy

thirdleg - smoke cones = gay oral sex?

Voted up.

Tat2tillidie -
Quickash1t -

I paid full price for my seats. And I have no regrets. It was a blast. I met Ronda and Lyoto outside at the signings, and spent time with the UG at the meet and greet.

I will go to just about every event on the east cost I can. And I will continue to buy the Payperviews. I am not on the UFCs nuts, but I enjoy the sport and I enjoy the way the UFC presents it.

This except I never been to a live event :( I do buy every PPV though ... Phone Post 3.0

Right there with ya. I'm in Australia. So we don't get options. .

But ya if it's something I enjoy I'll buy it.
In all honesty I was so close to 'not pressing the red buy' button on this card though.

I'm not surprised the sales of seats were weak and im sure without sonnen the ppv numbers would be death. (It was a curiosity buy. Not a must watch) Phone Post

ThickS0lid N Right -
Zed Wayne Zed - Yerp.

I'm never going live again, unless I get a free ticket.

Until I can smoke cones and not have to wait in line-ups to pee, and actually see the fights, I'm not going back.

The at-home experience is the best.

Plus, the agro-metal intro makes me hyper.....

I was there I paid $600 for 2 $553 dollar tix...I got baked outta my mind in my seat cageside...The view isn't as good as tv but the feeling in the place is better then atching any PPV(sorry double post my 1st post haha)

Seew Phone Post 3.0

And if they keep having crap overseas cards they are going to lose money too.

The UFC has definitely lost some steam. With so many cards and so many fighters it's hard for a casual fan to keep track of who is fighting. I know lots of guys that used to get together to watch the fights but with so many cards they lost track of who is fighting and each card started to be less 'special'. Eventually they knew a UFC was on every week but they had no idea who was fighting and no interest in watching. Phone Post 3.0

CindyO -
ThickS0lid N Right - I was there paid $600 for 2 $553 tix.. I got baked outta my head @ my seat cageside... The view isn't as good as tv but the feeling in the place is better then watching any PPV Phone Post 3.0

Cindy

Quoted by Calo an CindyO on my 1st day on the UG awesome! Really awesome what you do with the meet an greets(won't miss another around here).. Jeff 1 of your ufc vendors @159 was the nicest guy aswell you guys really take care of your fans! Phone Post 3.0

CindyO - 

Cindy

People that say there is nothing like a live event sit way closer then the majority of the people. I have always had shit seats for UFC fights but sat really close for an Elite XC event and a Strikeforce event and it made all the difference. Too bad I can't afford close UFC tix. I think when Dana talks about live events he's jaded bc he is cage side. If they sat in the 200-300 they would think A LOT differently.

I have been to the last 4 UFC's in Montreal and i never paid a dime for my tickets. The first was a gift from a friend who had lodge seats and the rest were Dana Whites generosity through the UFC ticket hunt or by his hand personally at the meet and greet. All of the tickets i had were $600 face value so my seats were insanely good! The last one we were actually on the floor behind the gate with the celebrities and i must say I LOVE THE LIVE EVENTS! Its a different feeling and great energy and we always have a kick ass time...but in all honesty i would never pay that much to see an event live. It would be more than my mortgage payment for the two of us to go alone to get decent seats. And as for all of the PPV's i just go to my local bar to watch them... I just bought my first ufC in years this past weekend and it still left me wanting more. I am a HUGE fan but sometimes too much is too much. Oh and i dont even have cable so if i wanted to watch the "free" events i would still have to dish out another $80 a month for basic cable.... But then again this is just MYMMAMIND! Phone Post 3.0

I wish I had gotten deals like this. I went to one UFC event and brought several friends. I paid for everyone so I limited it to the $150 each seat range. When we got there, we were so far out we couldn't even see the fighters. They were like ants in the distance. People that worked there were renting out binoculars for those as far out as we were. The event was Liddell vs. Horn 2. After that event, I told myself I'd never go to another one unless I got much closer. The problem is I can't see myself churning out $500 a seat for the family at another UFC. Although I will say everything else was very awesome. I'm a huge MMA fan so meeting a bunch of fighters at the weigh-ins and such was amazing. Still makes me laugh to this day that Dan Henderson wasn't in the UFC at the time of that event but he was the Pride champion and he was standing all by himself by a wall with no one recognizing him. I knew who he was since I follow the sport so closely so I went over there and asked him for a picture. He was almost ecstatic that I noticed him. After that, people starting coming over asking for pictures since they knew he must be someone important. Seeing how well Dan Henderson is recognized now makes me laugh at how little he was recognized then. Ah, good times.

Rhetorical - I wish I had gotten deals like this. I went to one UFC event and brought several friends. I paid for everyone so I limited it to the $150 each seat range. When we got there, we were so far out we couldn't even see the fighters. They were like ants in the distance. People that worked there were renting out binoculars for those as far out as we were. The event was Liddell vs. Horn 2. After that event, I told myself I'd never go to another one unless I got much closer. The problem is I can't see myself churning out $500 a seat for the family at another UFC. Although I will say everything else was very awesome. I'm a huge MMA fan so meeting a bunch of fighters at the weigh-ins and such was amazing. Still makes me laugh to this day that Dan Henderson wasn't in the UFC at the time of that event but he was the Pride champion and he was standing all by himself by a wall with no one recognizing him. I knew who he was since I follow the sport so closely so I went over there and asked him for a picture. He was almost ecstatic that I noticed him. After that, people starting coming over asking for pictures since they knew he must be someone important. Seeing how well Dan Henderson is recognized now makes me laugh at how little he was recognized then. Ah, good times.

Totally agree!

Been to 2 events in my life time so far....once in Newcastle England and bought the cheapest seats money could buy....then got my last ticket which was front row for free from my brother in law Sean at the FX card in Minneapolis.....I had a blast but couldn't imagine paying up to $1000 for a ticket.....

BTW long time lurker of the UG....Can't believe I waited 5 years for my first post!