Evan Tanner is heading to the desert to...

http://www.spike.com/blog/treasure-hunting-in/67570

blog entry:

“I’m hoping that very soon I’ll be sitting out in the quiet of the desert beneath a deep blue midnight sky, listening to the calm desert breeze. The idea going into the desert came to me soon after I moved to Oceanside. It was motivated by my friend Sara’s talk of treasure hunting and lost gold, and my own insatiable appetite for adventure and exploration. I began to imagine what might be found in the deep reaches of the untracked desert. It became an obsession of sorts…. I’ve been gathering my gear for this adventure for over a month, not a long time by most standards, but far too long for my impatient nature. Being a minimalist by nature, wanting to carry only the essentials, and being extremely particular, it has been a little difficult to find just the right equipment. I plan on going so deep into the desert, that any failure of my equipment, could cost me my life. I’ve been doing a great deal of research and study. I want to know all I can about where I’m going, and I want to make sure I have the best equipment. One more week. I think one more week, and I’ll be ready to go.”

- bloodyelbow.com

Edited for respect

oh my..

he's watched Into The Wild recently.. dude added Eddie Vedders "Guaranteed" song to his myspace page, too.

BTW: the soundtrack to "Into The Wild" is phenomenal.

http://myspace-087.vo.llnwd.net/01339/78/03/1339433087_l.jpg 

I thought that Bob Ross (RIP) painted for a living? 

cool

oh i see Card beat me to it..

tanner1.jpg   

LOL. Nice. Come on SPIKE TV- sponsor Evan's new adventure! Bear Grylls will be tapping.

TTTanner!

yep he must have watched Into the Wild... be careful out there Evan and don't eat the peyote!

I thought he wanted to sail the sea?

He is going to find a bunch of sand and rocks.. maybe a nice bit of scenery though. Hope he packed his camera.

Would one of his sponsors please get him this device?  I just read about it earlier today. 

www.findmespot.com/Home.aspx

Did anyone here buy him lunch?

ttt

wow....

TTT