Every Tyson Fight

Loved that hard right to Berbick's left kidney.  It's a fight; do whatever you can get away with.

One of my favorite KO's by Tyson was against an unheralded opponent, Buster Mathis JR. He's definataly had more devestating KO's and more significant ones against better opponents.

But I love the lateral side stepped off the ropes, and the combo he finished him with. Buster was trying to fight using a style similar to Tysons. A lot of in fighting, bobbing and weaving, and got caught by the master.

(Combo at 3:09)
https://youtu.be/dWowuZcsJl4

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/3tqnq1mou27m97y/Strongest%2C_most_intimidating_fighter_since_Liston

Strongest, most intimidating fighter since Sonny Liston.

DubsAli - Im only up to number 19, all the videos have worked so far, but I thought I'd share this link if anyone wants to watch the entire professional career of one of the most polarizing figures in combat sports history. I remember hating him when I was a kid watching him on TV, but I have grown to appreciate and respect Mike Tyson a great deal.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF15B81FACF624991
Vu Phone Post 3.0

Malvert the Janitor - Phone Post 3.0
This. VU OP. Phone Post 3.0

Reading tysons auto biography at the moment, he's an incredible dude. Thanks for sharing op, vote up. Phone Post 3.0

Chaelismyhero - 
ProteinOverdrive - Thanks! Tyson was a special boxer. You think Mayweather pulls numbers? Imagine if Tyson fought now. Phone Post 3.0

Why would he pull better numbers now? The HW division at that time was red hot.

With all due respect, at the time Tyson won the title (against Berbick) the heavyweight division had been largely unimpressive for years. There were no stand-out champions, it was the time of the Tim Witherspoons, Tony Tubbs', Bonecrusher Smiths, Pinklon Thomas' and so on. Absolutely no disrespect to those guys, but in my opinion the division was not "red hot".

That was partly why Tyson was such a breath of fresh air: he walked through everybody in a spectacular fashion.

Yes, I am old enough to remember this era : )

Chaelismyhero - 
ProteinOverdrive - Thanks! Tyson was a special boxer. You think Mayweather pulls numbers? Imagine if Tyson fought now. Phone Post 3.0

I think he means Tyson at the height of his career was insanely popular. Everybody and their mother knew who he was and what he was doing. Not only that just about everybody wanted to see what he was doing. Not everyone could though. This was before direcTV or mini-dishes. There wasn't all the sports bars there are now, ect. What I'm getting at is, if he was 35-0 31KOs tearing up the heavyweight division I think he'd sell more PPVs than Mayweather. This is all just my opinion.

Don King was a wretched swine. Phone Post 3.0

later

LitUp - For those that know boxing well, how much unrealized potential did Tyson have?

If he didn't have the personal problems would his legacy be different or did he max his potential and they wouldn't have mattered regardless?

Were those demons part of what made him good in the ring?

I'm watching the fights and just wondering if all the outside the ring stuff was what stopped his development or if there was no more development possible.

What was the primary reason for him not ending up with a career that left him an undisputed GOAT like MJ, Gretzky, etc. Phone Post 3.0
If he didn't have the personal problems, he would never have had the animal in him that he did for the first few years of his career. His personal problems were what made him so dangerous Phone Post 3.0

I Just Saw Swinging - 
Chaelismyhero - 

With all due respect, at the time Tyson won the title (against Berbick) the heavyweight division had been largely unimpressive for years. There were no stand-out champions, it was the time of the Tim Witherspoons, Tony Tubbs', Bonecrusher Smiths, Pinklon Thomas' and so on. Absolutely no disrespect to those guys, but in my opinion the division was not "red hot".

That was partly why Tyson was such a breath of fresh air: he walked through everybody in a spectacular fashion.

Yes, I am old enough to remember this era : )

I was talking more about the 90's HW division.

didn't ya'll forget, it's 2000-an chael

DubsAli - Im only up to number 19, all the videos have worked so far, but I thought I'd share this link if anyone wants to watch the entire professional career of one of the most polarizing figures in combat sports history. I remember hating him when I was a kid watching him on TV, but I have grown to appreciate and respect Mike Tyson a great deal.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF15B81FACF624991
For later, Vu Phone Post 3.0

Came to vote you up OP Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0

Awesome! Posting for bookmark to find this later.

Kostakio - Don King was a wretched swine. Phone Post 3.0

More like slimy, reptilian motherfucker IMO

onepunchJD -
brahmabull81 - 
LitUp - For those that know boxing well, how much unrealized potential did Tyson have?

If he didn't have the personal problems would his legacy be different or did he max his potential and they wouldn't have mattered regardless?

Were those demons part of what made him good in the ring?

I'm watching the fights and just wondering if all the outside the ring stuff was what stopped his development or if there was no more development possible.

What was the primary reason for him not ending up with a career that left him an undisputed GOAT like MJ, Gretzky, etc. Phone Post 3.0

Its 70% loss of focus and 30% that his style became easier to scout due to every single punching moment of his life being on tape. If he had continued adding new ripples to his game it would have slowed the latter part down..

Just imo.

The same thing that made Tyson great; his unique mind, is the same thing that ended up throttling his career from what could have been ATG resume. He was tearing through guys that gave guys he lost to tough fights in Holyfield and Lewis... Tyson could have beat those two guys had he fought them when he was still 100% focused. Even Lewis will tell you that if they had fought around the time they used to spar Tyson would have wiped the floor with him. Lewis was terrified of him back then. FROM sparring with him lol. And in terms of Evander, compare both Tyson and Evanders performances against a faded Larry Holmes. Evander was conquerable for Tyson, in all actuality. It just didnt happen.

Pretty much agree...

Although The accounts of Tyson/Lewis sparring are that is was VERY competitive. Tyson surprised him at first, but Lewis adapted.

I agree that Tyson at his best > Lewis' best.. no doubt.
No Cus and cocaine is what ended Tyson Phone Post 3.0

EddiePain420 - mike tyson was a fucking destroyer under custamato, tyson was bat shit crazy his whole life and cus was the one who could tame him.

after cus died tyson went back to being bat shit crazy and it was downhill from there.

that is why we all say 1980's mike tyson best boxer to ever live.Custamato is probably the only person to ever truley love mike.

Cus died one year into Mike's career I think. So Rooney and Teddy had him under control for a while.

And he still beat several top guys in the 90's