Everybody will still watch Fedor fight.

Maybe in Japan they will but in north America any self respecting man will be out drankin' and getting laid on NYE not staying at home watching tv

Kanabull -
TFK_HossPearson - Agreed. I know I will. But this statement is similar to those who advocate for shitty music just because it makes a lot of money. Just because a lot of ppl will watch, doesn't make this a good matchup. Phone Post 3.0

What if Bob Dillon was making the shitty music though?
I was thinking more along the lines of Nikki Minaj and the like. Phone Post 3.0

Of course. Gunna watch the whole card. Hopefully it helps jmma. Phone Post 3.0

Colt Seavers666 - I'll watch, I'm not even angry over the match, the guy hasn't fought in YEARS, is he supposed to come back and fight a top 5 guy? That makes no sense, he needs a couple of tune up fights and then get in there will better competition.
Top 50 would've been nice. Phone Post 3.0

Kanabull -
Ray Cappa - No. I won't. Phone Post 3.0

You know, I may be overestimating people here because honestly many UG posters do seem like they just enjoy arguing and don't actually watch fights.

It's painfully obvious when someone on here engaged in a "debate" is getting all their insight from Wikipedia fight records.
You're the edgiest hardcore fan I've ever seen. Phone Post 3.0

Not live. I'll wait for the gif KO or get it the next day. Sure as shit not paying for it. Phone Post 3.0

Will probably not watch live, and definitely will not pay.

Everyone here isnt everyone. Phone Post 3.0

You think I am going to spend my New Years Eve watching a guy come out of retirement to fight a 1-0 fighter?  You have got to be high sir.  I might download it the next day and watch it while nursing a hangover, but that is about the extent of it.

If he were fighting Randy (which is what I was expecting/hoping) I would gladly host a NYE party and pay for the ppv.

I'm not going to pay for this joke of a Main event (and I gladly bought and will continue to buy DJ ppvs)

your goddamn right I'm watching it's JMMA on new years eve. what kind of self respecting mma fan wouldn't?
not a hardcore one that's for sure.

is it gonna be on their new years eve or ours? there's a difference you know.

this isn't going to be ppv is it?

GiblerTRT - Everyone here isnt everyone. Phone Post 3.0

By the looks of it, they are though.  If Viacom were to notice, noone on one of the biggest MMA forums on the internet has any interest in taking the time to watch this fight on their channel.  That is not good for them.  It will probably do well in Japan.  Fedor will put asses in the arena, and people will watch on TV in Japan and Russia, but very unlikely they get any kind of ratings over here.  Especially considering they will probably be competing in a time slot with a major college bowl game.

I think MMA should try going the route of the NBA.  There is one day of the year when they dominate the ratings, Christmas Day.  I would absolutely love to see a Christmas Day card.  You put a half decently stacked card (say a title fight, and #1 contender) on Spike or Fox on Christmas Day and that will pull in some decent numbers.

Nick Diaz still GOAT - this isn't going to be ppv is it?
Spike TV Phone Post 3.0

garrote - 
Nick Diaz still GOAT - this isn't going to be ppv is it?
Spike TV Phone Post 3.0

tape delayed? (I hope not, but it probably is)

It's not going to be for us anyways. They seem to be trying to re-ignite the Japanese market.

Media Monster - Not live. I'll wait for the gif KO or get it the next day. Sure as shit not paying for it. Phone Post 3.0
No one is- it's free on Spike Phone Post 3.0

I'll watch for sure

Fedor needs a few tune up fights, it's been a long time off

I will 100 percent dvr it and watch it later assuming it's on New Year's Eve. Phone Post 3.0