Everyone that is 'over' MMA

WhereIsGoranReljic -

Lose Reebok.

Rankings matter ( #1 contenders get title shots first) 

Far Less WMMA fights. 

Go watch bellator and the other organizations you cuck

I would do away with USADA, maybe even drug testing as a whole. MMA/UFC exploded when guys were juicing, making for some crazy fights. TRT Vitor was a once in the ever. Ubereem was a monster. I truely don't care if someone wants to smoke weed or do a line of blow. I am not a fan of making MMA into a 'sport', its cage fighting. I think society today is being pussified, men can no longer be men. look at the NFL, when dudes like Bill Romanowski and LT played, they came for keeps. nowadays, everything is a penalty, it looks like the NBA out there at times. Today, its all about mega corporations pleasing their shareholders, and the product on the field and in the cage shows and suffers for it. I would also like to see soccer kicks, stomps, knees to the head of a downed opponent. this is fighting ffs. don't get me wrong, I really enjoy seeing submission aces like Maia do their thing, but I also have a bloodlust that needs to be met. nothing like two dudes going for broke, slugging it out to see whose the last one standing. in fact, I would find it even more impressive if a guy like Maia sub'd some juiced out monster

I'm sure I'll get some hate for this, but I'm just being honest. and before someone comes at me with a witty zinger, like my join date, loooooooong time lurker, 10th time poster. just bc I joined this particular site late, doesn't mean I haven't been following it for well over a decade. OP asked, I answered, that is all.

the last thing we should be worried about is mma media losing out on jobs. it all about the clicks these days, or journalists pushing their own opinions. very few really do true 'reporting'

ThatsHowIRoll -

Please tell me what you would actually change in the UFC and how it would improve your interest in the sport. 

I know for a fact there is a huge bunch of ppl bitching here about the current UFC product so I'd like to see how many answers I get with any substance and sense in the real world of sport and business. 

Not over MMA.  I am over the UFC.  

It's very different from what it was a decade ago.   Bring back respect, in every sense.  

I want two things.

Fewer cards. I'm fine with more than most others are saying, but less than what we have currently. How about 12 PPVs, 8 Fight Nights, and 4 Fox cards.

Feeder league. Something like UFC: Contenders. Maybe 8-12 cards per year, with newer talent, and guys trying to make their way into the UFC. The best Contenders fight there for a shot at the UFC.

sunderground -
ThatsHowIRoll -

Please tell me what you would actually change in the UFC and how it would improve your interest in the sport. 

I know for a fact there is a huge bunch of ppl bitching here about the current UFC product so I'd like to see how many answers I get with any substance and sense in the real world of sport and business. 

It's very different from what it was a decade ago.   Bring back respect, in every sense.  

This has absolutely no substance and is what Im talking about. 

'Bring back respect' - in what tangible way does the UFC do that? 

DWray - I want two things.

Fewer cards. I'm fine with more than most others are saying, but less than what we have currently. How about 12 PPVs, 8 Fight Nights, and 4 Fox cards.

Feeder league. Something like UFC: Contenders. Maybe 8-12 cards per year, with newer talent, and guys trying to make their way into the UFC. The best Contenders fight there for a shot at the UFC.

This schedule and the feeder league, combined with WMMA back to Invicta, end of Reebok contract, a couple of yearly tournaments and a couple of freakshow fights like Floyd v Conor sounds like the best of the suggestions in the thread to me.

Mark Wahlberg, cut us all our cheques.

No more interim belts, if someone can't defend they need to be stripped. No more Dana white, he's an awful liar and sucks at promoting fights. No more cage, the cage is stupid and favors wrestlers. Also, require fighters to defend their belts before leaving a division to sit with no direction, while guys argue over interim belts (no more interim belts).

• Incorporate yellow cards. Too many guys fighting not to lose or trying to do just enough to hopefully eek out a decision. If they know this type of fighting will result in a purse deduction, it will inevitably make them be more aggressive. They should have pushed for this years ago. And don't be afraid to give a card to both guys, if needed.

- Finally just admit the Reebok deal wasn't the right move.

- Keep pushing for even more 10-8 rounds. And start pushing for more 10-10 rounds. 98% of rounds are NOT "10-9" yet that's how they are scored. It's simply wrong, yet could be remedied.

womens mma, weight classes below 155.  reebok.  scoring system.  all trash.

ThatsHowIRoll -
sunderground -
ThatsHowIRoll -

If I have to explain it to you.......( not that it surprises me).

Listen, you are a Fedor and Maia guy or you are a Chael and Conor guy.   The UFC  a decade ago was more the former and less the latter.  

dhughes - I'm not over MMA but PPVs should be less frequent. When they do have a PPV they should be stacked top to bottom, and you should get the entire card when you purchase it - not have to go from Fight Pass (which you also have to pay for), to Fox Sports to PPV just to watch the event.

100% - You don't get the majority of fight nights love on fightpass and you don't get the whole card on PPVs. That is a sure way to get fans offside.

I just posted this on another thread but I'd like to see PPVs gone completely and the UFC assert themselves away from boxing. The scoring system, the match ups, I think a lot of this is the boxing model and it doesn't quite fit.

If the UFC came up with a creative and brand new way to broadcast fights either through pay television or entirely through streaming it could take it to a new level.

sunderground -
ThatsHowIRoll -
sunderground -
ThatsHowIRoll -

Listen, you are a Fedor and Maia guy or you are a Chael and Conor guy.   The UFC  a decade ago was more the former and less the latter.  

Sorry but still struggling to see anything constructive about your point of view.

Maybe you are smarter than all of us.

ThatsHowIRoll -
sunderground -
ThatsHowIRoll -
sunderground -
ThatsHowIRoll -

Sorry but still struggling to see anything constructive about your point of view.

Hes saying it should be more like the Olympics, less like WWE

Nexuscrawlers - 
ThatsHowIRoll -
sunderground -
ThatsHowIRoll -
sunderground -
ThatsHowIRoll -

Fedor-Cro Cop sold 50k PPV

Chael and Conor got people to care about fights enough to pay. Rampage-Rashad did a million plus buys. 

Less events. Once a month max. Shit is beyond oversaturated.

End Reebok deal, return to previous sponsor method, and abolish the sponsor tax.

Reduce the number of events.

Run one TUF style TV show once ever 2-3 years and not run different TUF in different countries.

Bobby Lupo -
Nexuscrawlers - 
ThatsHowIRoll -
sunderground -
ThatsHowIRoll -
sunderground -
ThatsHowIRoll -

Fedor-Cro Cop sold 50k PPV

Chael and Conor got people to care about fights enough to pay. Rampage-Rashad did a million plus buys. 

This. 

And the Olympics are once every four years and 90% of the athletes get paid jack shit.

I can see why it helps his interest but I can also see why his suggestion is not realistic.

WTF.   The Olympics?    Try somewhere between the Olympics and the WWE.   

I'm out.  Go train.  

Get rid of women.

Mens divisons we have a set number of fighters per division. Be it 12, 15 or max 20. They are the top 15 (for example) in the world. We become invested in the fighters, we know who they are by name like it used to be. When a fighter gets cut, he is replaced by the next best in the world who is out there. It's like promotion/relegation to the elite league which is the UFC. No more no names that we can't get invested in in the UFC. Make your name elsewhere and then come join the big boys in the UFC. That means less events & we know who everybody is again.

Women should be making sammiches not fighting in a cage.