Evolution at the Celebrity! 5/28

Evolution Combat - "Night of Champions"

Arizona's No. 1 ring fighting/mixed martial arts event, Evolution Combat, is back - this time at the Celebrity Theatre!

Evolution Combat, in conjunction with Trevor Lally and Arizona Combat Sports, presents "Night of Champions" at the Celebrity Theatre (capacity att. 2,690) in Phoenix, AZ on Friday night, May 28th, 2004.

This star-studded event at the Celebrity Theatre will be headlined by three title fights, with Joe "Diesel" Riggs defending his Evolution Combat middleweight title against Bret Schaefer (Fort Collins, CO) in what promises to be an explosive main event, Drew Fickett vs Kyle Brees with the EC welterweight title up for grabs, and Rage in the Cage heavyweight champion A-Dawg Sullivan defending his Evolution Combat light-heavyweight belt.

One of the top young fighters in the sport, the 21-year-old Riggs won the Evolution Combat HW belt by stopping Greg Wikan at the Dodge Theatre last July. The "Diesel" has now moved down to 185 to stake his claim to the middleweight crown in front of his hometown Phoenix fans. Schaefer, also moving down to 185, is coming off wins.over Arizona-based fighters Roger Meija (Rage in the Cage) and Steve Sayegh (to win the Rumble on the Rockies (CO) LHW title).

Fickett holds wins over Dennis Hallman and Edwin Dewees, and Kyle Brees has had success while fighting in shows across the country, but it is this fight that is foremost on both fighter's minds. The winner will walk away with not only the EC welterweight title, but also the clear distinction as the best 170-pounder in the state.

A-Dawg submitted Bryan Pardoe last July to win the Evolution Combat LHW belt, and recently defeated Andy Montana to win the Rage in the Cage HW title. Sullivan will be returning on the 28th of May after a three-month layoff from a broken hand suffered in his victory over Montana.

Celebrity Theatre Happy Hour: $2.00 Bud & Bud Light Drafts from 5:30-6:30PM Doors Open: 5:30 PM, Fight Time: 7:30 PM

Advanced Ticket Prices: $20 ( rows 14-25 ), $35 ( rows 4-13 ) and $50 ( rows 1-3 ). Tickets will be $5 additional on Fight Day, and $5 off when purchased with a flyer coupon.

There will be eight (8) VIP ringside tables sold for $300 each with waitress service and a complimentary bottle of champagne for each seat. Call 520-990-1813 or e-mail entersportaz@aol.com for more information. Two tables have already been purchased and they are expected to sell out early.

Order your Evolution Combat: "Night of Champions" tickets early by calling the Celebrity Theatre box office at 602-267-1600 and having them hold your tickets at will-call. Tickets also available through Ticketmaster at 480-784-4444.

Fight Card:

Evolution Combat middleweight (185) title match

Joe "Diesel" Riggs vs Bret Schaefer

EC welterweight (170) title match

Drew Fickett vs Kyle Brees

EC light-heavyweight (205) title match

A-Dawg Sullivan vs TBA

Heavyweight feature match

Vince Lucero vs TBA

LHW (205) challenger match

Bryan Pardoe vs Steve Sayegh

WW (170) challenger match

Ray Elbe vs James Attwood

Lightweight (155) challenger match

Santino Defranco vs TBA

Middleweight (185) feature match

Shannon "The Cannon" Ritch vs TBA

Undercard:

185 - Ray Steinbeiss vs TBA

More great fights and exciting matchups to be announced soon!

Fight Card subject to change.

Cube,

I might have a HWY for you on that title fight. Let me know if you need one still. Mine is Josh Haynes who is 10-1 right now. All of his fighting has been in the NW.

Thanks
Hamlett

I swear that TBA guy is the busiest man in MMA`s period!

He He He

Goodluck Cube

I think Shannon The Cannon has some competition for title of most-active MMA fighter, nobody has been booked as often as good old TBA...

Evolution Combat will fill those openings in the next couple of days, we have a few options at each fight, including some IFC notables.

By the way, tickets are on sale today.

Yes Shannon does have some competition,and my postal connections have just informed me that TBA & TBD are in fact related.

ICEE, give me a ring at 520-990-1813 about your HW, but please no more Victor Estrada's!

Here are the confirmed matchups thus far for "Night of Champions":

(MW) Joe "Diesel" Riggs vs Bret Schaefer

(WW) Drew Fickett vs Kyle Brees

(LHW) Bryan Pardoe vs Steve Sayegh

(WW) Ray Elbe vs James Attwood

Other fighters scheduled to appear include A-Dawg Sullivan, Vince Lucero, Shannon "The Cannon" Ritch, Santino Defranco, Ray Steinbeiss and James Upshur.

LOL at Steinbeiss on the undercard.

Cube:

It's about damn time! I can't wait. Thanks for bringing the Evolution back. Try to get some vendors there with some stuff. I feel like shopping. =)

Jay

Cube-you da man! This show should be better than your last one. The card will definately be worth seeing and Im sure the production will be as good as ever. Good luck with everything.

Santino

Cube, could you please email when you have some free time.. I have a question for ya. gragon112211@yahoo.com Thanks bro!!!

GeminiGrappler,

Evolution Combat will continue to try and raise the bar for MMA in Arizona, just like we did at the first event at the Dodge Theatre. With the fan-friendly Celebrity Theatre, the view that the ring provides and with the high level of fighters on this card, May 28th should be a great night of fights.

Machavelli, Razor and jjay, thanks for the support!

Travis Wiuff, I'll be sending you an e-mail ASAP, talk to you soon.

We are currently in negotations with Jamie Varner to have him fight on May 28th, he is certainly an up-and-comer to watch.

That kickboxer was Clifford Larsen from Camp Verde, and there remains a possiblity that he might fight a kickboxing match before the main Evolution card starts.

ttt

Cool. It's official. Will be a great night of fights

Thanks for all the exposer on this card CUBE!

Ray Elbe is right, this will be the best AZ card ever from top to bottom, with fighters like Riggs, Fickett, Brees, Lucero, A-Dawg, The Cannon, Elbe and others featured in strong matchups.

And we all know how good of a venue the Celebrity Theatre is for fight shows, it should definitely be a great night of fights.

ttt

Good Luck Cube last show was awesome, great night of entertainment. The kickboxing was cool! And not to mention the comedy show you had right before the matches started! where else can you get a show like that for the Price! The fight card is wicked, can't wait to see Drew and Kyle battle! best of luck to both!

ttt