Exclusive: Lauzon's first interview on Cowboy fight

Social media was buzzing on Friday when the news broke that UFC veterans Joe Lauzon and Donald Cerrone would touch gloves for the first time on April 30th. Both fighters have carved out their legacies without ever crossing paths, but the time has come, and Joe Lauzon is fired up.

Lauzon shared with MMA reporter, Maddie Levine, that the UFC was hoping to add this fight to UFC 272 on March 5th, but Lauzon had another idea.

“It’s been two years since I fought, and I’ve been wanting to fight, but if I am going to fight again, I’m not going to do it on five weeks’ notice…I’m going to do it the right way,” he said.

read entire article…

4 Likes

Interesting (but pointless) fight

Always liked Joe

5 Likes

Two guys who are severely passed their prime racing each other to see who’ll get more brain damaged as time goes on….

2 Likes

Giddy Up

michael-cera-mollys-game

2 Likes

Cmon Debbie downer.

J Lau has (I’m pretty sure way you less CTE than cowboy (5 fights a year, bull riding etc)

Joe is a OG martial artist.

And everyone on this forum respect’s and has admiration for our UG brother.
Least douchiest athlete in the sport on par with wonderboy

Joe via sub round 1 or 2

4 Likes

1 Like

Cowboy isnt an OG martial artist? I remember watching him on the tapout show what feels like forever ago when he was an unknown guy at Jacksons

1 Like

Two legends fighting each other is pointless?
Yeah sit the fuck down

4 Likes

I think @voodoo_child and @Rabid_Bunyip are right. This fight makes zero sense outside of a retirement fight for both fighters. Both are past their primes and are heading down Diego Sanchez’ path.

Fighters never know when to call it quits. Friends, family, and managers need to be there for them and have an honest conversation.

That said, I’ll definitely be watching this one. Cowboy by stoppage.

P.S. The interviewer needs some sun. So pale.

That’s all I got.

1 Like

I hate this fight.

Both guys should retire.

Huge fan of both for decade + now.

They have left enough blood and brains in there.

2 Likes

I love the idea of being a combat sport fan and then as a fan deciding it’s time for guys to stop fighting to avoid taking damage. You have literally cheered for them for a decade to sustain and give damage to others in a fight. As a fan, you can either enjoy and watch combat sports or you can be against it. But everyone wants to float in the middle.

4 Likes

Believe it or not, pretty sure I saw Lauzon fighting in the local clubs right around same time. Joe’s always going to look 12, even though he isnt.

They both are gamers, great last fight for both of those is what it is.

I’d be good w it not happening, but I love it providing this gives these two warriors an exit.

1 Like

Should be a great fight between two blood and guys veterans. I like both but as a fellow Masshole and one-time Aggressive Submission Grappling League competitor I have to say WAR Creepy Joe!

1 Like

blood and guts

Lauzon fan checking in. Who cares what the internet thinks? Like they’ve been right about anything? Should be ignored so people will STFU IMHO.

GIVE EM HELL JOE!!!

4 Likes

Fuck yeah. I’m on board! Choo choo.

Wonder where it’s at. Joe said he would go back to Boston once more, but that was right after his last fight. Not sure of venue.

I want Boston, for Joe (and me!-would go), but fuck Boston. Mandates out the ass, communist mayor. So fuck Boston hard.

Do it in BROCKTON!

God damn,even the owner can’t keep this thing stickied.

1 Like

I can’t be the only one win lose or draw they both drop the gloves at the end

2 Likes