Eye X Kaufman:More proof 10-9 is better than 20-18

if in the 10-9 a lot more was done overall then in the other 2 rounds combined by the winner (of the rounds).

Frankly I had the 1st @ 10-10, no one earned that round IMO. But that's just a side bar.

At the end of the day two very close 10-9's for one fighter lose (in reality, in terms of who really won the fight) to a 10-9 where the other fighter was dominant completely.

IMO, it should be simplified.

10 judges, with a single point to award for whomever they feel won the round. 2 points for a dominant round. No points for an even round. And very close rounds should all be scored a drawn. More judges averages out the bad scoring.

MMA also needs an overtime round for the 3 round fights. If it's a draw.

good idea but maybe 5 is enough

stonepony - IMO, it should be simplified.

10 judges, with a single point to award for whomever they feel won the round. 2 points for a dominant round. No points for an even round. And very close rounds should all be scored a drawn. More judges averages out the bad scoring.

That's the exact same system as ten point must. Exact same function.

Saying 'close rounds are scored even' is still leaving it to your opinion. Phone Post 3.0

nostripewhite - 
stonepony - IMO, it should be simplified.

That's the exact same system as ten point must. Exact same function.

Saying 'close rounds are scored even' is still leaving it to your opinion. Phone Post 3.0

Any scoring system is subject to the opinion of the person keeping score...

stonepony - IMO, it should be simplified.

Anything beats this crap FFS! So let's fuckin go!

I have another thread out on C.B.'s fight. 30-26 GTFOOH with that crap LMFAO!

Frankly to me it's one fight and one score is good. Kaufman & C.B. won IMO. Frankly BTW IDNGAF about any of those 4 fighters as well.

I truly feared the fuckin 29-28 BS decision here prior to hearing that crap. Good post Herman

I really don't understand how all of these guys can come out and say the half point system would not work better than what we have now. It is complete bullshit because they must think so low of the judges that they don't think they can handle dealing with half points due to some sort of lack of intellect. In close fights, the 1/2 point system is absolutely superior to what we have now. Im sure everybody on here can name 2 or 3 fights that almost certainly would have had a more approrpriate outcome if 9.5's were allowed for close rounds. 

I gave the first 2 round to eye Phone Post

pegson123 - 

I gave the first 2 round to eye Phone Post

Moot to the thread pegson. The third was better than the first two combined by a damn side per 1st post.

ufc98newb - 

I really don't understand how all of these guys can come out and say the half point system would not work better than what we have now. It is complete bullshit because they must think so low of the judges that they don't think they can handle dealing with half points due to some sort of lack of intellect. In close fights, the 1/2 point system is absolutely superior to what we have now. Im sure everybody on here can name 2 or 3 fights that almost certainly would have had a more approrpriate outcome if 9.5's were allowed for close rounds. 

So this fight would have been a drew in that system?

Kaufman won that fight in reality. 10-10 in the first, 10-9, 9.5 - 10, she lost the fight. So what system produces that correct result? Well one score does.

3 > 1 & 2 combined

kaufman won at least 2 rounds imo.

Lazer MMA - 
ufc98newb - 

Kaufman won that fight in reality. 10-10 in the first, 10-9, 9.5 - 10, she lost the fight. So what system produces that correct result? Well one score does.

3 > 1 & 2 combined

10-10's should definitely be scored when they are called for

1st 10-10

2nd 9.5-10

3rd 10-9

Kaufman wins

Honestly, I didn't catch the prelims so I can't even intelligently comment on this fight. But even if it does go 9.5-10, 9.5-10, 10-9, a draw is certainly a better result than a loss, even if it is still not the perfect call. 

Lazer MMA - 
ufc98newb - 

3 > 1 & 2 combined

I can definitely get behind the idea of one score, especially in 3 round fights. THough ideally I think mma needs to move to more 5 rd fights to solve the problem. 

ufc98newb - 
Lazer MMA - 
ufc98newb - 

3 > 1 & 2 combined

I can definitely get behind the idea of one score, especially in 3 round fights. THough ideally I think mma needs to move to more 5 rd fights to solve the problem. 

It's another good point!

The only fuckin way Eye wins is by BS decision or the fight just continues and she gets smashed to fuckin pieces in 4 & 5 too. Good post

Funny thing is the 10 point must is so fucked that if you give 10-10 in rd 1. & score 2 for Eye, you still get a draw. Just BS.

Only one score seems to work

Lazer MMA - if in the 10-9 a lot more was done overall then in the other 2 rounds combined by the winner (of the rounds).

Frankly I had the 1st @ 10-10, no one earned that round IMO. But that's just a side bar.

At the end of the day two very close 10-9's for one fighter lose (in reality, in terms of who really won the fight) to a 10-9 where the other fighter was dominant completely.

With all due respect OP you should never score a round 10-10.  Its a easy out for a judge.  There is almost always an advantage shown by one of the fighters in a full round, it is the judges job to determine who had that advantage, however small it was...

I am Canadian and wanted Kaufman to win.  The first round CLEARLY was won by Eye.  She landed the better quality strikes.  IMO Kaufman won the next two rounds.

OliverHumperdink - 
Lazer MMA - if in the 10-9 a lot more was done overall then in the other 2 rounds combined by the winner (of the rounds).

With all due respect OP you should never score a round 10-10.  Its a easy out for a judge.  There is almost always an advantage shown by one of the fighters in a full round, it is the judges job to determine who had that advantage, however small it was...

I am Canadian and wanted Kaufman to win.  The first round CLEARLY was won by Eye.  She landed the better quality strikes.  IMO Kaufman won the next two rounds.

the problem with that, under the current scoring system, is that the point of fighting is find out who wins the fight, now who can squeak out rounds. Edging out two rounds by an imaginary score of 51-49, and then losing a round 70-30 does not = the better fighter getting the win under the current system. 

literally anything would be better for mma than the boxing system, 5 minute rounds with fewer of them and way more techniques to score. it just doesn't work right.

I am a fair person and under stand judging very well . I won the first two round . Look at the stats punched, kick and oct control . The three round she won the first three mins with over hand right I walked into . That yes wobbled shit out of me . But that last two minutes I took it to here with my double jab . Sarah did a great job on waiting til I came in to hit me . Kudo to her . But I won and no can take that away . Regardless of a none educated explanation others might have . I appreciate everyone who has my back and if you don't believe my ability well I have 3 more fight to prove it so stay tuned !! EYEBelieve even if other don't !!! -Evil ?? Phone Post 3.0