Eye X Kaufman:More proof 10-9 is better than 20-18

shaqitup

"WAtch the fight, there is no such thing as a round that "could go either way", these rounds are draws.

It was obvious Sarah won the round, and if you actually look at the stats that you're trying to say show it close, you will see it wasn't that close.

Kaufman had a clear statistical advantage in round 2, and landed a higher percentage of her strikes as well, her strikes were also heavier, as they were bouncing her head back, as she would just walk through eye's.

So no it wasn't a "pick em round", Kaufman won."

By starting your statement with "watch the fight" you offer nothing constructive.  I would not post on a subject that I am ignorant of.  You also say "if you actually look at the stats that you're trying to say show it close" implying I pull up facts to prove my point and don't bother looking at them before I post them... a foolish thing to imply considering the stats are very similar, with an edge to Kaufman, exactly what I am saying in all my posts.

Close rounds are not draws.  10-10 rounds have no place and most competent judges will never score a round 10-10. 

It was obvious to me that Sarah won round two.  Other judges saw it differently and the round was close enough to justify those decisions IMO.

I agree with your assesment of round two.  I never said it was a "pick em round" so please do not put words in my mouth.  I said Kaufman won it in my eyes but that it was close enough that I can accept a judge seeing it the other way.

Some judges decisions are unjustifiable, such as CB Dollaway losing the first round versus Boestch.  This fight IMO does not fall into that category.

I appreciate the advice you offered me (to watch the fight and look at the stats I post) so please allow me to offer you some.  So far on this thread you have proved yourself to be extremely abrasive and have shown very little interpersonal communication skills.  I would suggest you attempt to set your emotions aside before you start banging on the keyboard again, read what other posters have offered and do your best to learn something from these people rather than isolate yourself and make yourself look bad.

Ok I am just going to keep my opinions to myself . Either way I thank Sarah for amazing fight. The way people talk on this site ruins the true enjoyment of fighting and analyzing of it . No matter what some may think I have the Win and maybe one day we will fight again and it could go again in my favor or hers . Haven't we seen this in sport a lot . ;) happy Sunday because no matter what I am 11-1 and continue I dig and work hard . I am sure Sarah will be back jut as strong as ever and hope he is well . ( show good sportsmanship as fans and support people ) Phone Post 3.0

don't let some loudmouth stop you from posting here, those who appreciate it are far greater than the trolls

I thought it could be a draw (and can offer no explanation, I'm a fan, nothing more); that would have suited me as I'm a fan of both fighters.

Sarah posts here sometimes and is always cool, I hope "evil" continues to pop in from time to time, it's nice to hear from the pros.

strongstyle_chick - Ok I am just going to keep my opinions to myself . Either way I thank Sarah for amazing fight. The way people talk on this site ruins the true enjoyment of fighting and analyzing of it . No matter what some may think I have the Win and maybe one day we will fight again and it could go again in my favor or hers . Haven't we seen this in sport a lot . ;) happy Sunday because no matter what I am 11-1 and continue I dig and work hard . I am sure Sarah will be back jut as strong as ever and hope he is well . ( show good sportsmanship as fans and support people ) Phone Post 3.0

Good fight Jessica, who would you like to fight next?

ManyNames - Lol at all you haters. Just sit tight and don't get your panties in a bunch. She will surprise every single one of you. Just watch Phone Post 3.0
Agree.

Ill be the first to admit im bias. But the woman comes on here, posts her honest opinion not even 24 hours after an amazing battle, and she gets slammed for it? No wonder why fighters stop posting here.

So she takes fight on short notice, jumps up to a new weight class, faces a former world champion and in her UFC debut. In the process, puts on show that has many fans saying was the best female fight in UFC history. I'd say considering the pressure she was under, she did an incredible job of staying focused and executing her game plan.

Props to Sarah and Jessica for an epic fight. Nobody is saying it wasn't close. It was and she got the nod. Agree or not, nobody can take that away from her.

Jessica is the best athlete in wmma and is only getting better. She's at an elite camp with one of the best coaches in the sport. She's now won 8 straight including her last three over gurgel (former world champ), Damm (who failed post fight drug test) and now Kaufman (former world champ). Bottom line is she is here to stay and isn't going anywhere any time soon. Phone Post 3.0

A fighter has to believe in themselves to be successful. That said, Jon Jones had a very different perspective of his fight with Alex than a large number of educated fans, fighters and media had. That's normal though, and I can't fault him for it.

I thought Sarah won the fight as well. I thought she won two rounds clearly and the fight wasn't difficult to score, especially since it was an all stand up match, scoring in one category, effective striking. She marks up easily, so despite landing the cleaner, harder strikes she appeared to take more "damage." Win or lose, both women should be proud of their performances.

Regardless, I was entertained, appreciate both fighters and look forward to their future bouts. If you didn't go into this event either as a fan or a fighter expecting questionable decisions then you haven't been paying attention to the Texas AC. It's a given there. One of the occupational hazards, I suppose.

strongstyle_chick - I am a fair person and under stand judging very well . I won the first two round . Look at the stats punched, kick and oct control . The three round she won the first three mins with over hand right I walked into . That yes wobbled shit out of me . But that last two minutes I took it to here with my double jab . Sarah did a great job on waiting til I came in to hit me . Kudo to her . But I won and no can take that away . Regardless of a none educated explanation others might have . I appreciate everyone who has my back and if you don't believe my ability well I have 3 more fight to prove it so stay tuned !! EYEBelieve even if other don't !!! -Evil ?? Phone Post 3.0

I don't agree per my first post but my wife and I were rooting for you and wish you the best! TY for your post.

Really the thread only is about two very close 10-9's not being as strong as only one 10-9 which was truly decisive anyway.

OP

Xuh - PRIDE rules bros

This one score. F the 10 point must as it does not even work in theory! 10-9 can be better than 20-18.

strongstyle_chick - Ok I am just going to keep my opinions to myself . Either way I thank Sarah for amazing fight. The way people talk on this site ruins the true enjoyment of fighting and analyzing of it . No matter what some may think I have the Win and maybe one day we will fight again and it could go again in my favor or hers . Haven't we seen this in sport a lot . ;) happy Sunday because no matter what I am 11-1 and continue I dig and work hard . I am sure Sarah will be back jut as strong as ever and hope he is well . ( show good sportsmanship as fans and support people ) Phone Post 3.0

I don't think anyone has been disrespectful in this thread. People are just in disagreement about the decision in a very close fight.

You and Sarah fought your asses off in a very entertaining fight. You have mine and everyone's respect for that.

I say a rematch is in order to settle this though.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
Lazer MMA -
ufc98newb - 

I really don't understand how all of these guys can come out and say the half point system would not work better than what we have now. It is complete bullshit because they must think so low of the judges that they don't think they can handle dealing with half points due to some sort of lack of intellect. In close fights, the 1/2 point system is absolutely superior to what we have now. Im sure everybody on here can name 2 or 3 fights that almost certainly would have had a more approrpriate outcome if 9.5's were allowed for close rounds. 

So this fight would have been a drew in that system?

Kaufman won that fight in reality. 10-10 in the first, 10-9, 9.5 - 10, she lost the fight. So what system produces that correct result? Well one score does.

3 > 1 & 2 combined

It's just more numbers for those idiot judges to screw up. Phone Post

While we can be sure it would play out as such LOL, at least in theory we'd have a system in which two razor close rounds SHOULD be overridden by one decisive one. We fail to have that now.

TTT

Thanks for all the support. Honestly I truly know that I won that fight. The biggest issue with the judging was the scoring of rd 3. There is NO WAY that I lost rd 3 and the judge who scored it for Jessica must have been watching an entirely different fight (or have fallen asleep). That is what swayed the fight in Jessica's favor. At the end of the day it was an entertaining fight and a fun fight to be in. I always respect my opponents and thank Jessica for coming in and allowing us to put on such an exciting fight. It's too bad that it has to be tainted by such bad judging, but as part of being a fighter you know that judging can be really fickle and they can be wrong.

I didn't finish the fight and left it to the judges: my fault. At the end of the day I got to fight and have no injuries. I've already hit the gym and am looking forward to hitting someone in the cage (Jessica or another girl) really soon!

Thanks UG

Sarah Kaufman - 

Thanks for all the support. Honestly I truly know that I won that fight. The biggest issue with the judging was the scoring of rd 3. There is NO WAY that I lost rd 3 and the judge who scored it for Jessica must have been watching an entirely different fight (or have fallen asleep). That is what swayed the fight in Jessica's favor. At the end of the day it was an entertaining fight and a fun fight to be in. I always respect my opponents and thank Jessica for coming in and allowing us to put on such an exciting fight. It's too bad that it has to be tainted by such bad judging, but as part of being a fighter you know that judging can be really fickle and they can be wrong.

I didn't finish the fight and left it to the judges: my fault. At the end of the day I got to fight and have no injuries. I've already hit the gym and am looking forward to hitting someone in the cage (Jessica or another girl) really soon!

Thanks UG

Ty for your post. Wow I thought for sure the judges gave Jessica 1 & 2 only LOL. HTF could anyone give her round 3 FFS??

I have another thread on the C.B fight....that 0 rounds for C.B is impossible, but you not winning round 3 is just as much a travesty! Speachless

Judges know much less about MMA than the average UGer, or they are getting paid or betting (or both of the two latter).

I had Jessica easily winning the first and edging out Sarah in the second. Sarah took the third. If anything the fight could have been a draw because the second was very close. Phone Post

JStrongMMA - 

I had Jessica easily winning the first and edging out Sarah in the second. Sarah took the third. If anything the fight could have been a draw because the second was very close. Phone Post

"If anything" 3 was > 1 @ 2 combined EASY! Thus, 10-9 was > 20-18 EASY.

The scoring system is a fail even in theory as two 10-9 beats the one 10-9 on the judges card but not in reality. Nothing Jessica did in one and two (what she won by) overrided what happened in the third.

I never read a thread where both fighters posted before. I'm sure that has occurred before UG correct?

Glad I came back to this thread.

Lazer MMA - 
I never read a thread where both fighters posted before. I'm sure that has occurred before UG correct?

There was a thread about Nader's last fight in Bellator where he and his opponent were both involved after the fact, but they are more well known UG/OG'ers.

Dunno if it's happened with UFC fighters though!