F(*k Reebok

Since the UFC pretty much dominates the sport of MMA entirely, it will be pretty hard to go after them directly short of abandoning watching the sport entirely, which would also negatively impact the people in the fight game. I also don't think boycotting the premier fighting organization will be all that good for the fighters if successful.

The UFC is stuck at this point anyway...they have to live up to their end of the contract at this point if they ever want to do business with other large companies again even if they realize this thing is a disaster...so I say, fuck Reebok.

What we want to do as fans is make sure reebok knows how we feel about this deal and the aftermath of it.

Fuck Reebok. I will never buy another reebok product again if they stay in this deal.

Never

Ever

Ever.

I don't love shoes enough to care about avoiding a brand for life.

I now associate reebok with poor treatment of fighters and workers in the sport of mma.

Once again, fuck reebok. Phone Post 3.0

" I will never buy another reebok product again if they stay in this deal."

Wait. You bought Reebok before? Phone Post 3.0

Agreed. Will never recommend them as a brand to any of the new guys in our box. Lots of the x-fit community also participates in martial arts so ufc/reebok are spreading their influence into other fields. I'm with ya. Fcuk this reebok deal mainly for firing Stitch too. Wonder how Dana would feel if he was fired for speaking about something he doesnt like lol Phone Post 3.0

I just read on their Wiki that Adidas owns Reebok.

Hemlock - I just read on their Wiki that Adidas owns Reebok.
Oh shart. Shart jus got real Phone Post 3.0

"I now associate reebok with poor treatment of fighters and workers in the sport of mma."

Ya, how dare they support fighters more than any sponsor ever has in the history of mma by cutting a $70m check. 

SoCalMutt - Only way to really make a difference is to boycott the UFC. Money talks.

Support Bellator and any small competitor, and don't give a red cent to Zuffa. Only way.

Otherwise swallow what Zuffa gives you. Phone Post 3.0
Just like anything in this country. The people will never unite. We are too divided. If we did unite, many things would be different. We do have the strength to make the difference. It is our money that fuels this whole thing but if went on a true boycott rant, I'd be surprised if the UG could support something of that magnitude without inheriting recourse from the UFC. Just saying... Phone Post 3.0

Rudi - " I will never buy another reebok product again if they stay in this deal."

Wait. You bought Reebok before? Phone Post 3.0
Sums it up for me Phone Post 3.0

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

"I now associate reebok with poor treatment of fighters and workers in the sport of mma."

Ya, how dare they support fighters more than any sponsor ever has in the history of mma by cutting a $70m check. 

lol if you think all of the 70 milli is going to the fighters.

THen on top of that Reebok cherry picks who it really wants to sponsor. This was just as much of a move to stay relevant/be seen as mainstream for Reebok as it was the UFC.

That check wasn't in good faith, it was an upfront payment for promoting their brand.

SoCalMutt -
jonnierockets20 -
SoCalMutt - Only way to really make a difference is to boycott the UFC. Money talks.

Support Bellator and any small competitor, and don't give a red cent to Zuffa. Only way.

Otherwise swallow what Zuffa gives you. Phone Post 3.0
Just like anything in this country. The people will never unite. We are too divided. If we did unite, many things would be different. We do have the strength to make the difference. It is our money that fuels this whole thing but if went on a true boycott rant, I'd be surprised if the UG could support something of that magnitude without inheriting recourse from the UFC. Just saying... Phone Post 3.0
Agreed 100%.

Zuffa counts on it.

But I have to express it, even if in vain. Phone Post 3.0
Definitely agree with your point, it is good to share that with people too. Many people feel as if their little 60.00 means nothing. Well it may not, but all of our 60.00 for a period of time would certainly raise the eyebrows of those with major influence and the fertitas. DFW would take stitch back in a second if fox told them too Phone Post 3.0

Adidas owns reebok.

Is this correct?

If so fuck them both.

Also, this would be effective. Sponsorship is pr, and going after sponsors is about the best way to get an entertainment company to listen...mainly because it's easy.

Rember, reebok is paying the ufc for the promotion of their image. If they even slightly think that image will turn negative, it destroys the whole point of being a sponsor. Phone Post 3.0

Boy, UFC/Reebok is not going as planned. Its one thing to try and bring in a blanket sponsor for the benefit of the fighters but when people obviously make less and others get cut, then this is turning counter-productive. They will never admit fault and will only try to burry the hatchet in some positive pr. These people make me sick. Phone Post 3.0

ximboredofyoux - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

THen on top of that Reebok cherry picks who it really wants to sponsor. This was just as much of a move to stay relevant/be seen as mainstream for Reebok as it was the UFC.

That check wasn't in good faith, it was an upfront payment for promoting their brand.

No way?  They sponsored an organization to promote their brand.  That's weird.  /sarcasm

And I never said every dollar is going to the fighters.  Do you knows who decides which fighters get how much?   The UFC.  Do you know who made the agreement with Reebok?  The UFC.  Do you know who knew how many fighters, cut men, corners, etc...needed to be paid with the $70m?  The UFC.  

It's the UFC that signed a contract guaranteeing cutmen wouldn't get paid, that most fighters would lose tons of money.  They are ok with most fighters making $2,500 a fight.  

How is it Reebok's fault the UFC pays garbage?

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

They got every ufc fighter on the roster for 70 mill....

If anything I think theyre the ones laughing with this one.

And the fighters had no say in the negotiation, this is important when they end up losing money.

Only the top few MMA stars can actually get paid for sponsors OUTSIDE of the octagon.

Reebok got a good deal with the UFC. 

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
ximboredofyoux - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

No way?  They sponsored an organization to promote their brand.  That's weird.  /sarcasm

And I never said every dollar is going to the fighters.  Do you knows who decides which fighters get how much?   The UFC.  Do you know who made the agreement with Reebok?  The UFC.  Do you know who knew how many fighters, cut men, corners, etc...needed to be paid with the $70m?  The UFC.  

It's the UFC that signed a contract guaranteeing cutmen wouldn't get paid, that most fighters would lose tons of money.  They are ok with most fighters making $2,500 a fight.  

Because they decided to attach their name to the deal that did that?

For a company I don't care much about to begin with, that reason enough for me. Phone Post 3.0

Oh, and to restate the obvious....fuck reebok. Phone Post 3.0

UFC is to blame as much as Reebok is, if not more.

Kinda disengenuous to take a stand and "boycott" a brand you prob. never bought past middle school anyway because of this deal while not boycotting the other guilty party because you like watching fights too much.

Acting like continuing to watch UFC is some altruistic gesture is laughable.

Also, when you see how the rollout went, it's pretty clear Reebok didn't put too much thought, time or effort into launching their "fight shop". Meanwhile, this was touted as some big game changer for UFC.

Reebok not really giving a shit sort of explains the debacle on their end....what is UFC's excuse for cutting such a shit deal and implementing it so poorly to the point of pissing so many people off?

hendofanforlife - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
ximboredofyoux - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

so whos fault are the UNO power ranger shirts that have been universally hated? 

Clearly not the UFC's.  Poor Zuffa was taken over by the big bad Reebok, forced into contract, forced their fighters into wearing ugly uniforms, etc...  I'm with all of you who feel horrible for Dana and Lorenzo for what they've had to go through, having their company essentially taken away from them.  

cheyguy - you guys know reebok and ufc doesn't need any of us on here. Millions of casuals will head down to Wal Mart regardless and buy this shit up and UFC will make serious money. Get over yourselves.
Thousands of casuals will be picking these jerseys up from bargain baskets next year at $20 each. Phone Post 3.0

Hopefully not Phone Post 3.0