Fake Belts?!!

gusto -  lol@ calling JR. that's awesome

+1

BJJ police is everywhere.

shen - 
Here's a tip for the frauds: If you are going to pretend to be a BJJ Black Belt DON'T pick the most famous Black Belts to say you are under. Don't use the name "Gracie" or "Machado".

Instead, make-up a common, familiar-sounding Brazilian name and say that is your teacher.
(e.g. Rodrigo Silva, Alvaro Moraes, Luis Texiera etc.) something believable and hard to disprove.

Hope that helps the budding young frauds out there!

Sincerely,

Prof. Shen
(6th Degree BB under Prof Alvaro Silva)

I am a seventh degree black belt under Profesor Thiago "Silva" Paulo.

His middle name is "Futbole"

Why the hell can't these guys just go through the ranks like everyone else. If they really are that good they will get rank faster. Good freaking lord. Makes me happy that it took me like 5 years to get purple.

Just say you got your black belt under "Paulista" in Sao Paulo.

Funny that every belt I was ever awarded, I never felt ready and usually said something along those lines to my instructor. It never occurred to me to actually claim rank that I wasn never actually given. I was more concerned about representing the rank that I was.

We had a guy here in Naples who ran a school a few years ago claiming Gracie affiliation as a Purple Belt, first Renzo and then Barra. Said he was in the "family" as a "cousin" and had been training for over 20 years.

He never rolled with his students unless he exhausted them with calisthenics and buddy carries for 30 minutes first. He left town after telling a bag full of lies and owing people money and set up shop in another state. He came back wearing a Brown Belt that he said his "Uncle Royler" (yes, Gracie) gave him. A year later, I heard he was wearing a Black Belt and claiming to be the Great Grandson of Helio Gracie.

It was insane. I could never understand the need to lie about rank and lineage, especially in such a small community where so many people know each other and aren't afraid to make a call or send an e-mail.

I went into a room where Dale was and told him Jr wanted to speak with him and he said no he didn't want to speak with the guy who gave him his blackbelt!!!

Ha! Good one on you man.

I thank you for helping prevent the dilution of BJJ.

He is also a minister and and prison nurse....The number he gave you is his cell....I can't find anything to do with BJJ or a gym  on him...Sorry...Maybe someone else can

^^^Shame that any kind of minister would deceive someone about their rank.

When will these people learn, their are not that many bb's compaired to other martial arts and if you fake it you will get caught.

I still love the episode on TUF when Mir ask that one guy who he got his BB from. Then he studders - and gives this random explanation...

I traing with Such and such... But he wasn't the main guy at my academy it was this other guy... And then I went to brazil where he told me to train with this other guy... and in two weeks he said I was a BB....

that was roli delgado. it came off as being really shady in the show, and i have no idea why roli chose to explain it in such an ass backward manner. he seems intelligent so could have summed it up more concisely.
roli as it turns out is indeed a legit bb

Also, I think Mir doesn't have much room to talk, I think Roli could have asked the same question of him.

Faxapreta - I still love the episode on TUF when Mir ask that one guy who he got his BB from. Then he studders - and gives this random explanation...

I traing with Such and such... But he wasn't the main guy at my academy it was this other guy... And then I went to brazil where he told me to train with this other guy... and in two weeks he said I was a BB....
that seemed like bad editing.Roli is legit.He is also Hillary's Bjj coach

akebh - 
Faxapreta - I still love the episode on TUF when Mir ask that one guy who he got his BB from. Then he studders - and gives this random explanation...

that seemed like bad editing.Roli is legit.He is also Hillary's Bjj coach

nothing against roli ,but hillary's has many coaches

bonez05 - Also, I think Mir doesn't have much room to talk, I think Roli could have asked the same question of him.

If Roli had asked Mir who he got his black belt from Mir would have answered "Ricardo Pires" and that would have been the end of it.

I had a thread about getting lessons off a Brazilian Carlson Black belt that moved into my suburb. He has "Carlson Gracie Rest in Peace" on the back of each forearm (Carlson Gracie on left forearm etc).

He always had an excuse as to why he couldnt train with me (I have mats in the yard).

He is in his early 20's and I looked him up. Couldnt find it. I asked him again who gave his BB and he said 'Saporitto'. Looked him up with Saporitto, and couldnt find it.

He has been in Australia for some time and has a cute sister. I asked her and she said 'I doont think he is black belt'.

I asked another friend who is a LEGIT Godoi BB (you can see him in the Godoi BB grading vid on youtube, being held against a wall and being kicked in the throat by a big BB) who the fake BB said he trained with. Godoi BB said he NEVER trained with him but told him that he was Brown belt.

He is young (maybe 23) and said he retired from BJJ.

Anyways, to come to the end of the FRAT, i always give him shit about it... "Hey, lets roll buddy etc, I want to roll with a Carson Black belt!" My legit BB friends tell me not to hassle him.

Oh, Here is Adriano at 0.58 sec:

one throat kick plz

Shoot you have americans handing out red belts to there brown belts these days too.